• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I finally read Superman Smashes the Klan #3

I'm not lying when I say this is one of the best comics of all time

I'm not lying when I say that and I will fist fight a motherfucker
This page

fktdzx4xy0m41.jpg

Got me to mark out

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
A Reddit comment pointed out that there wasn't a "Generations" one-shot in these solicits lol

Didio's plan in shambles

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I finally started reading Bone, after years and years of meaning to read it. I love it. Each time I pick up a volume, it's hard to put down until I'm done. It's just really fucking good cartooning. Jeff Smith is a natural with the medium. Dunno when I'll be able to get vol 4 from the library, because somebody has it past its due date by quite a bit, but I'm excited to run through the rest.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally started reading Bone, after years and years of meaning to read it. I love it. Each time I pick up a volume, it's hard to put down until I'm done. It's just really fucking good cartooning. Jeff Smith is a natural with the medium. Dunno when I'll be able to get vol 4 from the library, because somebody has it past its due date by quite a bit, but I'm excited to run through the rest.

Bone's incredible. I'm still umming and erring on whether to get the omnibus or the colour editions.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
From May 24, 2019:
Beginning in January 2020, DC's ongoing BATMAN comic book, currently shipping twice-monthly, will return to a monthly schedule, allowing DC to incorporate the monthly BATMAN title into the larger DC universe and continuity. BATMAN will ship alongside a new 12-issue BATMAN/CATWOMAN series by Tom King and Clay Mann

What's happening with this? It's March – Batman is still double shipping and Batman/Catwoman hasn't been solicited yet.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
ooooff lol. Also Johns is off Shazam
Apparently it's just a one-shot and John's will be back next issue.
From May 24, 2019:

What's happening with this? It's March – Batman is still double shipping and Batman/Catwoman hasn't been solicited yet.

They were going to do it, then changed back. In Tynion's newsletter he said he thought he was doing it monthly originally, then was told it was back to 2x shipping which meant he had to leave JLD. Just more evidence of the mismanagement by Didio that resulted in him getting fired. I have to wonder how it impacted the other double shipping books they have right now.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Gerstmann better not leave Giant Bomb. I don't know what I'd do.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
For omnibus hunters hoping for Uncanny X-Force to be restocked on IST. Was it VanWinkle?

"Uncanny X-Force by Remender Omnibus HC New Ptg has an estimated back in stock date of 5/13/2020 on Diamond's website. We believe that we will receive more stock of this title around that time. Once this book is back in stock, we will fill any existing orders first and then if there is any remaining stock leftover, we will re-activate the item on our website. "
Wow, that is one hella sold out book. I wonder how it sold in comparison to those Daredevil omnis.
Far Sector is now bimonthly 😔

But now no longer says it's twelve issues? Hmm
Hm. Either it's now an ongoing, or DC firing up the cancellation machine again.

♦🌹♦🌹♦🌹♦🌹

How does Sejic have time to do all this shit? He must live in a pocket dimension where time passes more slowly.
I'm surprised it took you so long. Bone is a classic. When I bought it, I just bought the full color one-volume edition, because the paper was far, far too thin in the B&W omni, so you could easily see the inks on the next/last page through the one you were trying to read. Really ruined the experience, so I wasn't gonna try to read the series like that.
Something tells me we won't be seeing Freezasaurus today.

eab.gifv

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I finally finished my Morrison Batman Omni 2 and it was even better then I remember it being. I never realized how important it was to read Return of Bruce Wayne in proper order as I was buying them in singles at the time. It was that weird time period where that, B&R, and Batman were coming out at the same time. Looking back I'm amazed that I went all in on Batman at that point, because the thought of that now is horrific.

So now I'm starting on my sold out UXF omni as I wait for Morrison Omni 3.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that is one hella sold out book. I wonder how it sold in comparison to those Daredevil omnis.

Hm. Either it's now an ongoing, or DC firing up the cancellation machine again.

How does Sejic have time to do all this shit? He must live in a pocket dimension where time passes more slowly.

I'm surprised it took you so long. Bone is a classic. When I bought it, I just bought the full color one-volume edition, because the paper was far, far too thin in the B&W omni, so you could easily see the inks on the next/last page through the one you were trying to read. Really ruined the experience, so I wasn't gonna try to read the series like that.

eab.gifv

Sejic works really fast and on multiple pieces/stories at once. They are all in varying levels of complete. Covers take him a few hours.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really fuck around anywhere besides the community threads, to be fair.
I feel like you can troll a ton in the OT and it'll mostly go unwarned/unbanned unless you go overboard. JC got banned for saying something like, "oof doom on console". lol

You make a Star Wars thread and 90% of it is just trolling.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I finally finished my Morrison Batman Omni 2 and it was even better then I remember it being. I never realized how important it was to read Return of Bruce Wayne in proper order as I was buying them in singles at the time. It was that weird time period where that, B&R, and Batman were coming out at the same time. Looking back I'm amazed that I went all in on Batman at that point, because the thought of that now is horrific.

Truly believe no other writer but Morrison can pull something like this off. Snyder might have tried but yeah, successfully? All Morrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.