• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
Mushishi is so damn good, yall

The anime adaptation is fantastic as well. IIRC it follows the manga almost panel-to-panel. With the added bonus of music and voice acting. It's one of those adaptations that is held in as high regard as the source material if not higher.

edit:

Also glad to hear of more Yang superhero comics. After New Super-man I'll read whatever he does.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Poor Didio. This might be worse than canceling it outright.

0eZeGP6.png

It was a long time coming, but I'm still sad to see him go.

Czj6wpI.jpg

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
on the contrary I feel like Spurrier is perfect for a short little three issue arc that will undoubtedly be super weird.
Yeah if they let him go all out it would be great, but still justice league is very "standard superhero", which I don't think he does as well as his more indie-flavored work. I remember not liking his X-force in particular

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if they let him go all out it would be great, but still justice league is very "standard superhero", which I don't think he does as well as his more indie-flavored work. I remember not liking his X-force in particular

That's fair. Since it's just a short arc, I'm hoping/guessing they'll let him go wild.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I mean you're wrong, but it's okay, Spurrier's X-Force ruled

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, our library closed indefinitely. They had closed events/rooms yesterday. But fully closed today. What's going on at yours tim1138?

Was able to pick up my outstanding holds though.

hbcaxjw.png

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
ES_14DYXgAInQNp.jpg:orig

1DaiKv6.png
hYbhXnq.png

TTU4ew2.png
4wfC3cf.png

BnmEjpy.png

"Both Marvel and @DCComics beat their Feb. 2019 performances by more than the industry average. Big reason for DC is its output is much increased over last year's much more austere slate, even with cardstocks weeded out. Harleen was the top graphic novel in a strong month for GNs."

blog.comichron.com

Comics market strong prior to COVID-19 impact, with February sales up 7%; Wolverine #1 dominates

by John Jackson Miller Over the last 80+ years, the comics industry has been subject to a variety of shocks that were external in natu...

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Isnt Dragotta working on his own book solo? The one with the boat on the cover lol, forgot its name.
EDIT: Tramp is its name lol

I could see that rough art being his, just with a terrible colorist

I'd be stunned if that's Dragotta.

Yeah he's working on his own book.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
ES_14DYXgAInQNp.jpg:orig

1DaiKv6.png
hYbhXnq.png

TTU4ew2.png
4wfC3cf.png

BnmEjpy.png

"Both Marvel and @DCComics beat their Feb. 2019 performances by more than the industry average. Big reason for DC is its output is much increased over last year's much more austere slate, even with cardstocks weeded out. Harleen was the top graphic novel in a strong month for GNs."

blog.comichron.com

Comics market strong prior to COVID-19 impact, with February sales up 7%; Wolverine #1 dominates

by John Jackson Miller Over the last 80+ years, the comics industry has been subject to a variety of shocks that were external in natu...

So delighted to see Harleen kicking ass.

Also holy shit marvel floppies are cleaning up

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For omnibus hunters hoping for Uncanny X-Force to be restocked on IST. Was it VanWinkle?

"Uncanny X-Force by Remender Omnibus HC New Ptg has an estimated back in stock date of 5/13/2020 on Diamond's website. We believe that we will receive more stock of this title around that time. Once this book is back in stock, we will fill any existing orders first and then if there is any remaining stock leftover, we will re-activate the item on our website. "

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I'm reading the manga and it has some really detalied spreads, just amazing artwork
The anime is pretty good. Very pretty
The anime adaptation is fantastic as well. IIRC it follows the manga almost panel-to-panel. With the added bonus of music and voice acting. It's one of those adaptations that is held in as high regard as the source material if not higher.

edit:

Also glad to hear of more Yang superhero comics. After New Super-man I'll read whatever he does.
Superman Smashes the Klan is thse only comic worth reading

Fuck yeah
Did Venditti have the shortest run on a comic ever?
Terry Moore on Birds of Prey was a fill-in arc of like 3 issues
Jesus this art looks so rough. Dragotta it ain't.

Oh no

Wait this is still a thing?
X-Force was wild.
Wow, our library closed indefinitely. They had closed events/rooms yesterday. But fully closed today. What's going on at yours tim1138?

Was able to pick up my outstanding holds though.

hbcaxjw.png
The Last Siege is fire

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Far Sector is now bimonthly 😔

But now no longer says it's twelve issues? Hmm

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Okay so I finally read Superman Smashes the Klan #3

I'm not lying when I say this is one of the best comics of all time

I'm not lying when I say that and I will fist fight a motherfucker

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Oh man, I just realized. Vulcan isn't just super crazy pants.

He's super crazy pants who has a beef with Xavier, Moira and Krakoa

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
it is a fucking DISGRACE that Sean Gordon Murphy is the one to bring back SNOWFLAME, the supervillain who's fueled by, and worships, cocaine, in the pages of Catwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.