• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Harta is my favorite manga magazine. I've been buying it monthly for years. Some of their series have been translated into English, like A Bride's Story, Delicious in Dungeon, Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, Hinamatsuri, and Hakumei and Mikochi. It's what would be a seinen magazine, where the targeted demographic are young adult men, rather than shounen, which target younger boys (that doesn't make them any worse or better inherently, though). I typically just find seinen or josei (series for young adult women) more more often have the kind of stories I like to read. Still love a number of shounen series.
Please add some Mahjong tiles for me into your Jamazon Aizo.
I was gonna say. Did you not buy 'em yet? Do you know how to play? I've learned like twice and never remember because I never have the chance to play. Let's play online. haha

Actually, I'm planning to buy a Touhou themed mahjong game on switch when it goes on sale. That'll be great.
Hipster Shonen Jumps
He's not wrong... but whatsinaname and I both love hipster comics, admittedly.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Harta is my favorite manga magazine. I've been buying it monthly for years. Some of their series have been translated into English, like A Bride's Story, Delicious in Dungeon, Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, Hinamatsuri, and Hakumei and Mikochi. It's what would be a seinen magazine, where the targeted demographic are young adult men, rather than shounen, which target younger boys (that doesn't make them any worse or better inherently, though). I typically just find seinen or josei (series for young adult women) more more often have the kind of stories I like to read. Still love a number of shounen series.

I was gonna say. Did you not buy 'em yet? Do you know how to play? I've learned like twice and never remember because I never have the chance to play. Let's play online. haha

Slice-of-life style stuff? That may click with me more than Jump. I've only ever clicked with one Jump series. Bleach. And when I tell Jump fans that they don't care for it.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Actually, I'm planning to buy a Touhou themed mahjong game on switch when it goes on sale. That'll be great.

He's not wrong... but whatsinaname and I both love hipster comics, admittedly.

Sure. I've gotten reasonably ok at it, don't make too many dumbass mistakes. I've been playing on Mahjong Soul on the appstore. F2P. I just mute all the waifu/gatcha stuff. Best English app I've found.

I'll have to try tenhou.net where most people play. But the interface is Japanese only.

Slice-of-life style stuff? That may click with me more than Jump. I've only ever clicked with one Jump series. Bleach. And when I tell Jump fans that they don't care for it.

Let us know if you want recs of something that is not regular Jump stuff. Hartas has some great stuff. Delicious in Dungeon Aizo mentioned above is now being published in Eng and is very good. As is A Bride's Story.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine risking the health of yourself and those around you just to see an MCU movie that you'll forget about within a few days of leaving the theater

Instead stay inside and rent Blade

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Not reading Yotsuba?
lXdyIiH.png

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine risking the health of yourself and those around you just to see an MCU movie that you'll forget about within a few days of leaving the theater

Instead stay inside and rent Blade

Planning to watch Bloodshot this weekend cause I know I'll be the only person in the theatre.

My Harta collection... I actually had a few more volumes in Japan that I couldn't fit when I moved.

Those spines are insanely busy.

That's actually something I've notice with a lot of design in Japan, it's always super busy.

For sure. I kinda like that at times tbh. A lot of western magazines/newspaper layouts are sparse at times.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Picked up my weekly books today and LCS surprised me with this, thought it was only releasing end of the Month, sending it off to CGC.

1r9byBs.jpg

Thor #4 was also a great read.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I really miss when Shonen Jump used to be published in America. There's something inherently fun about buying a thick magazine each month that had a ton of different manga series.

Weirdly enough, that's kinda what the Dawn of X trades are doing.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I really miss when Shonen Jump used to be published in America. There's something inherently fun about buying a thick magazine each month that had a ton of different manga series.

Weirdly enough, that's kinda what the Dawn of X trades are doing.
the dawn of x trades are hereby to be known as the mutant mangas.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Nothing worse than trying to fix a family member's fucked up wordpress page for free, and then having to ask for web host login details to do a simple backup

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
There absolutely is. Something I think Western fans generally miss out on is the fact that there are all these one-shots by guest mangaka or from famous ones that are also doing ongoing series. Some Harta volumes have been nearly 1000 pages, and most of the stuff inside doesn't even get fan translated.
What's the gameplay loop in these Fate games? Turn based RPG or something else?
For FGO, it seems pretty boring to me. I can't get into any gacha games.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
What's the gameplay loop in these Fate games? Turn based RPG or something else?
Fate/Grand Order is an iOS / Android turn-based tactical RPG, but you buy in-game currency to get new characters, which is RNG based. I've heard of people regularly spending $2000 in this game and still not getting the character they wanted. There was one Japanese guy who spent upward of $70,000.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll remember the time Sean from Grounded for Life bought some Shonen Jumps?

MNvrJxU.png

I remember being so jelly 'cus he had volume 1 and I couldn't find it anywhere.

Wait, am I the only person that remembers Grounded for Life?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I mean really when we're cut off from all human contact thanks to Coronavirus where else is there to turn to but anime? 🤔🤔🤔

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
forrealsies, what manga have you been checking out, aimless?
I'm not binge-reading anything, so I've amassed a lot of first volumes. MHA, Dr. Stone, Komi Can't Communicate, Emma, Way of the House Husband, My Androgynous Boyfriend, My Dress-Up Darling, A Man and his Cat, Plus-Sized Elf, My Solo Exchange Diary, Don't Mess with Me, Miss Nagatoro. Probably other stuff I'm forgetting, because my wife got into some of it and has it at work.

I've watched all of the Kakegurui and Citrus animes, caught up on Demon Slayer, and watched the rest of what I hadn't seen of Violet Evergarden.

Status
Not open for further replies.