• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Could ya post some examples?
Batman+-+O+Retorno+de+Bruce+Wayne+(3).jpg

Batman+-+O+Retorno+de+Bruce+Wayne+(4).jpg

but then he also has amazing stuff like this:
Batman+-+O+Retorno+de+Bruce+Wayne+(6).jpg

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
So the first arc of SFSX wrapped up this week and I thought it was alright. I wish the art was better though.

Gwen Stacy is really leaning in with the Green Goblin connection to the point that it's starting to get annoying.

The mini? Yeah I figured it would be meh.

Marvel should have leaned in on the upper class ice queen Gwen from the early years rather than the perfect dead waifu crap we have. Imagine if they'd retroactively made her an interesting character instead of still boring.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Go ahead and re-read that series.

Like Supergirl (2005) #9, with cheesecake Benitez art. They reference multiple times in that story that she's 16.

"I know a great place. No carding, so you won't have a problem."
"I'm a girl in a tight t-shirt. I can go anywhere I want."

She bends over a pool table and says "I reserve the right to kill you, if you say 'Nice S'"

"Thank you. for everything. I had a good time... mostly, thanks for not treating me like jailbait"
"You'll never get rid of me. Besides I learned a long time ago not to judge a girl by the shape of her 'S'"

They retconned this whole entire arc after the writer moved on, including the whole "dark Supergirl wants to kill Superman" plot, but they really really sexualized a 16 year old Supergirl for a time (this was right before she got her abusive super boyfriend who was similarly never seen again). There is nowhere in that story where he feels uncomfortable with her flirting.
I'm not going to reread the series. She jokingly refers to him as the "big brother with icky feelings for his younger sister" or something similar to that. She makes jokes like that, almost seemingly as if to lead him on, and the art is drawn as to make him appear uncomfortable and other people, including herself, throughout Joe Kelly's run (including his friends) refer to her as jailbait, and he clears the air as to say "I'm not being led on, because that implies I'm into jailbait. I'm into older women. We're cool." And then they have a cute moment like she's relieved he doesn't see her that way, but she still makes a joke about him and her if he gets deaged.

It's weird.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I'm glad it's not Lemire alone tackling this story. It's not that I don't think Lemire is a great writer, but Barbalien specifically is written a bit, hrm, well let's just say I'm glad he's bringing in someone LGBT (I believe!) to write it. Lemire worked well in The Farm setting where he was comfortable. Outside of that Barbie really deserves a broader perspective.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
DC: "Fires DiDio, let's go of Yang and Orlando"
Also DC: "EDGE, CLOWNHUNTER, BATMAN WHO'S THE JOKER!"

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
" And I promise, in the future, we'll be more upfront when we're about to introduce someone new we think is really cool. "

I hate to see Tynion play up for the speculators, but I guess it's working out for selling the series.
Expect to hear everything that's about to happen in the story three months ahead.

Ugh. Another new character that will make buying physical a pain in my ass...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Damnit, they pushed back the date of Fast and the Furious 9! Same thing with the Quiet Place II. We are all screwed now. If Vin Diesel cant save us, I dunno what will.
EDIT: Holy shit, they delayed F9 an entire year??

Black Widow has to be next right?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why they dont want to release some of these movies on VOD or a Streaming service for subscriber numbers. I get that it wont make as much money, but it surely would make a lot still. Plus get a ton of people to sub to your stupid service.

I cant wait an entire year to see Han Jesus, or Black Widow

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
AMERICA, MEET YOUR NEW FAVORITE CHARACTER

CLOWNHUNTER
Hear me out:

The Designer is enacting Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman's plans because he helped realize their potential and loves their plans.

But Joker's plans horrified him. We know the beginning of Joker War has him targeting the Bat family. We have that cover that has some mysterious dude with Batgirl beat the fuck up. What if Clownhunter is someone designed to STOP Joker's plan, but by killing the Bat family?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Hear me out:

The Designer is enacting Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman's plans because he helped realize their potential and loves their plans.

But Joker's plans horrified him. We know the beginning of Joker War has him targeting the Bat family. We have that cover that has some mysterious dude with Batgirl beat the fuck up. What if Clownhunter is someone designed to STOP Joker's plan, but by killing the Bat family?

Its James Jr. not anyone we don't know.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to me to think about the Geoff Johns run of Booster Gold in 2006 or whenever it was. Here you have Geoff Johns writing and the guy who created and wrote the original Booster Gold series in 1985 drawing it. You'd have to imagine Jurgens was constantly judging it and holding it up to a level of scrutiny you wouldn't ever see in a normal situation. But it turned out great, and making more of his arcs focused on jumping around history was a genius move for the character, whoever thought of it.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I only read Hartas instead of Shounen Jumps. In fact, this Harta is in my Jamazon (japanese amazon) cart right now.
914Pt1JxI6L.jpg

I really liked last month's cover:
81yi%2BGunpDL.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to me to think about the Geoff Johns run of Booster Gold in 2006 or whenever it was. Here you have Geoff Johns writing and the guy who created and wrote the original Booster Gold series in 1985 drawing it. You'd have to imagine Jurgens was constantly judging it and holding it up to a level of scrutiny you wouldn't ever see in a normal situation. But it turned out great, and making more of his arcs focused on jumping around history was a genius move for the character, whoever thought of it.
I imagine there was some sort of collaboration.

I had no idea about this though until you said it. Thats pretty neat actually.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.