• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
So how important is whats been happening in Hickman's portion of New Mutants to today's issue of X-Men? I flipped through it and it looked like a continuation of that story in New Mutants.
I loved it but I'm definitely pretty heavily into New Mutants. I would say it's not super important but at the same time kind of important to the overall storyline and it finally reunites the space team with the Earth team. Definitely felt more like Brisson writing instead of last issue Hickman, which was just great with the characters.

I also just read Cable, and yeah that was good. It's weird how what sounded like the two worst X books (Cable and Wolverine) are two of the best.
If horny X-Men are your thing there were definitely vibes in this issue with Armor and maybe Pixie. Also: "Fuck Wolverine."

I'm trying to finish Morrison Batman 2 before I start on Uncanny X-Force and it's hard but I've gotten to one of the best parts: Return of Bruce Wayne. Every issue of that has incredible art and it's just a great Batman story, especially if you like alternate Batmans.

And for the record, I'm pro monster trucks and pro Crucible. Monster trucks are real fucking dumb which makes them perfect for Batman comics and the Crucible is a great idea in a new mutant society.

May 24, 2019
Woozies, what are your ideal comic storylines?
Let's say you're suddenly taking over from Didio and Akirasan. What do you command?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Jorge Jiménez's art in the new Batman runs looks amazing.

The Rebirth Batman has had some great art. Even the subpar Janin art in the latter volumes isn't that bad.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
oh so batman having a monster truck is stupid but an arena where you commit suicide by Apocalypse to regain your power is a thoughtful meditation on the value of life and faith for the effectively immortal
it's a fucking monster truck, elnarez.

unknown.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Its a badass Monster Truck! Lets not forget, the first issue of Metal saw the formation of a fucking JLA Voltron.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I remember Boomerang's kid being pretty important during Blackest Night

The only thing I remember about Boomer was that he was somehow a good guy, kind of sort of dated Supergirl or something, then had that gruesome end in Blackest Night... but now he's rumored to be in 5G?

The Mist's daughter had a good run in Starman, though if we're talking lasting legacy, that ain't it either.

KeithM

Jan 15, 2020
I wasnt a big fan of the art. I know, I know, but im weird like that.

A Phoenix Egg?

EDIT: Wonder if that girl that Gambit and Rogue were taking care of during Mr. and Mrs. X will play a role in this, or Empyre.
Nah, this week's X-Men establishes what the egg is. I think the New Mutants thought it was just a cool trinket. Lilandra and Xavier's "daughter" shows up in NM. That's probably the other thing you need to know for this X-Men story, the state of Shiar politics. Gladiator has been emperor since Lilandra's death. He wants the Xavier/Lilanrda kid to take the throne, but worried she's too green, so set up Deathbird as an advisor.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I have renounced The Five Snakes of comic era and returned to what I know and love: The Two Dogs of comic era.
Teenage Fansub and I have to stick together. I will still sometimes be a comic cat, but I hope that this doesn't harm our bond.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That Blooshot movie sure is looking great with that 42% RT score.
www.rottentomatoes.com

Bloodshot

Recently killed in action, soldier Ray Garrison gets a new lease on life when the RST Corp. brings him back from the dead. With an army of nanotechnology in his veins, he's an unstoppable force -- stronger than ever with the power to heal instantly. But when the company decides to manipulate his...

And the Coronavirus is here in NM so happy fun times for me. 🙃

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looks l ike both the Amazing Spider-Man by Straczynski Omnibus Vol. 2 for next week and Wolverine Omnibus Vol. 1 for the week after have been delayed an additional week. The Baltimore Vol. 2 Omnibus as well.

May 24, 2019
That Blooshot movie sure is looking great with that 42% RT score.
www.rottentomatoes.com

Bloodshot

Recently killed in action, soldier Ray Garrison gets a new lease on life when the RST Corp. brings him back from the dead. With an army of nanotechnology in his veins, he's an unstoppable force -- stronger than ever with the power to heal instantly. But when the company decides to manipulate his...

And the Coronavirus is here in NM so happy fun times for me. 🙃

"Bloodshot is a lively and amiably stupid action movie"
"A bewildering piece of good-bad sci-fi action trash."
Works for me!

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon got they cover for 20th Century Boys volume 8.

HESinFH.png

All the covers for this collection has been amazing but this one is extra awesome.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Read Cable #1! I thought it was a lot of fun actually. Duggan is the first person to actually write kid Cable like a teenager, and do it well. Noto's art was actually was more well done than I was expecting too. Hes still not my ideal artist, but he works really well for this story.

Gotta say though, im not too familiar with whoever the people are they are using in this story. The only place ive seen them before is Hickman's Avengers iirc.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Technically any and all future use of Kraven will be a legacy villain unless some asshole tries to do Kraven's Last Hunt Part 4: He's Back (Again).

Vulture would be the perfect villain to go full legacy since he's 1000 years old, but we only got that really terrible BND version.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And so for my 500th post on this site (I can't believe I made it this far tbh) I want to say that I like old comic book art.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope blackbolt and Vulcan is epic. The universe being fine with Vulcans return is Fucked.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can I get some recommendations? I'm looking for independent comic book publishers to check out (print). I know of Image, Dark Horse, Oni, IDW, Boom!, etc. I'm talking small.

Status
Not open for further replies.