• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So how important is whats been happening in Hickman's portion of New Mutants to today's issue of X-Men? I flipped through it and it looked like a continuation of that story in New Mutants.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I was in charge of DC the first thing I'd do is kill the Joker off for good

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Make Dick the Joker!

The problem is that every writer wants to do their own Joker story. So everytime we get a new writer on the book, the chances are high that we will get another Joker story. I would also like to see them take a break from the guy for awhile, but I dont see that happening any time soon.

Hell, theres three of them now lol

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bruce was fine with locking KGBeast up to starve him to death yet for some reason won't kill Joker. Almost like he wants to have Joker around, he finds him entertaining.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If I was in charge of DC the first thing I'd do is kill the Joker off for good

I once came up with an elaborate storyline that involved a "criminal" literally killing Batman's most famous rogues but Batman getting framed for it. The end was a neat twist where Batman winds up failing to "save" the Joker, who gets undeniably killed on cam so there's no doubt about it. From there the next writer would have to use either new villains or lesser known ones.

Make Dick the Joker!

Cancel DC forever.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't kill off Joker but I'd probably bring him closer to the Batman the Animated Series version

Why does current Joker have spooky speech bubbles. Who started that.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I don't dislike Joker really, but we obviously need a good, long break from him at the very least. Hope 5G can do that for us.

Hell, maybe Joker war will take him off the table for a few years.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm fine with three jokers because it seems new but otherwise every joker story has been told a thousand times.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Honestly, I'm willing to bet that Joker War will take Joker off the table for a while maybe kill (but you know... comics) him. Three Jokers is obviously excluded.

Given the stakes with what Joker knows, he can't stick around unless we otherwise get a huge status quo shift and more publicly known heroes. Of course we could also just get some other bullshit, but I'm hopeful with Tynion. Can't wait for Punchline to replace Joker for 5G.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm willing to bet that Joker War will take Joker off the table for a while maybe kill (but you know... comics) him. Three Jokers is obviously excluded.

Given the stakes with what Joker knows, he can't stick around unless we otherwise get a huge status quo shift and more publicly known heroes. Of course we could also just get some other bullshit, but I'm hopeful with Tynion. Can't wait for Punchline to replace Joker for 5G.

Joker's gone after Joker War. But Wait! Here's the Batman who LMAOs.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

pretty easily actually!

I once came up with an elaborate storyline that involved a "criminal" literally killing Batman's most famous rogues but Batman getting framed for it. The end was a neat twist where Batman winds up failing to "save" the Joker, who gets undeniably killed on cam so there's no doubt about it. From there the next writer would have to use either new villains or lesser known ones.

I'd read it. I'm kinda surprised something along those lines hasn't really been attempted yet.

The reveal at the end is that Punchline is pregnant with the 5G Joker, Joker Jr.

this will probably happei

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Batman and Joker will die together (again) and then a new Batman shall rise... for 6 months at most

KeithM

Jan 15, 2020
So how important is whats been happening in Hickman's portion of New Mutants to today's issue of X-Men? I flipped through it and it looked like a continuation of that story in New Mutants.
It is a continuation, but really all you'd need to know is that the New Mutants had an adventure in space and brought back an egg. That said, Hickman's New Mutant issues are probably the best part of the whole House of X line, so you should definitely read it!

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
All the baby villain talk had me wondering if there are any good villain legacies that actually stuck for some time? The villains feel even more permanent than the heroes somehow

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It is a continuation, but really all you'd need to know is that the New Mutants had an adventure in space and brought back an egg. That said, Hickman's New Mutant issues are probably the best part of the whole House of X line, so you should definitely read it!
I wasnt a big fan of the art. I know, I know, but im weird like that.

A Phoenix Egg?

EDIT: Wonder if that girl that Gambit and Rogue were taking care of during Mr. and Mrs. X will play a role in this, or Empyre.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Thats Swamp Thing on the back of the Truck lol. End Times Swamp Thing.

Dont like how skinny he is.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
oh so batman having a monster truck is stupid but an arena where you commit suicide by Apocalypse to regain your power is a thoughtful meditation on the value of life and faith for the effectively immortal

Status
Not open for further replies.