• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Omnibus OOP Status -- Amazing Spider-Man by Straczynski Omnibus Vol. 1 just went unavailable on IST. Might just be OOS, but this long after it was released it's unlikely. Anyway, if anyone was thinking of picking it up, it might be worth doing so from another shop!

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
It got into my cart.

There's some portal for her in the trailer. She probably retrieves her armor and sword from wherever that goes.
I was talking the comics, for when they were in space, but now they'll be back in Krakoa so it doesn't matter
Quick digital comic reading related question for everyone in here...

I have a real good friend who I have finally persuaded to take the plunge and also read comics digitally on his tablet. Like me he prefers good old fashioned print comics, but he is now willing to do both. Funny enough even though he was not big on digital ever he has picked up quite a few Humble Comic Bundles in the past but was reading them on his laptop, etc.

I initially used an Android tablet myself but moved on to the iPad Pro when it was released (I did not get the iPad Pro just for reading comics, I do digital illustration so the reading comics on it was an added bonus).

Since it has been quite some time since I used an Android tablet to read comics, I am wondering what app people think is best these days to read their own .cbz / .cbr files so I can recommend it to my friend?

I used to use ComicRack (paid) and Astonishing Comic Reader back when I used Android. It looks like ComicRack is no longer updated based on comments I am reading. Either that or it just is not very good these days. He has checked out Astonishing and said it seemed fine.

Really I am basically just wondering if there are any new contenders for comic apps on the market since I have not used Android in a long time myself.

TIA,
DL
I use Comixology.
I'll be cancelling comics for Animal Crossing soon.

Who is getting Animal Crossing???
Just add some animal sound as a speech thing into your posts and it's the same thing.

"I like comics woof! How about you woof!"

There. Now you've played AC

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Revisited The White Trees last night and man, that really should have been higher on my Top 10. It's a shame it's not being collected, even if it's just two issues.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Bendis DD Omni Vol. 2. Not quite as strong as the first volume, but still very good. That final arc especially was fantastic. Exhilerating stuff that had everyone in Murdock's world involved in what felt like a great final act of a screenplay. Just a real strong end to a solid run of stories.

The Omni also includes some Ultimate Universe Team-up arc for whatever reason I'll read before jumping into Brubaker.
I really enjoyed the fake out. I kinda would have liked to see that play out actually lol.

Only issue I had with the final arc was Elektra admitting that she had been helping Fisk create the Murdock Papers, when they didnt even exist lol.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Did anyone bother picking up Hickman's new #1, Decorum
Just read it. Kinda disappointed tbh.

The first "chapter" is like almost 20 silent pages of some weird flashback i guess, and while the art is quite pretty, it changes artstyles every 2 panels so it gets confusing and its pretty hard to make out what's going on. Then there's data pages which, like, cool i guess, but since we still don't know shit about the world they just feel like a chore. "Here, read these 7 data pages about a world you havent even seen yet"

The second half is definitely better, with an actual interesting story and better and more consistent art, kinda like a looser Black Magick.

Issue 2 seems like the one wherethe story actually starts getting interesting, I'll probably trade wait it tho

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really digging this Nebula miniseries by Vita and Claire Roe. Great fight scenes and lots of good character work.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'll be cancelling comics for Animal Crossing soon.

Who is getting Animal Crossing???
I've got it preordered already. I've played all of them up until now and I'm looking forward for that Robofrog to join my island.

X-Men AND New Mutants were soooo good this week. I loved having Asrar on art. Skipping New Mutants because it's not Hickman means you have bad taste.

I had no idea Cable was today so I guess I need that too. It's Duggan so I know that should be solid.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I can sell you on Cable with one word, big spoiler kind of, but it should give you an indication as to what Duggan and Noto are trying to do here

SPACEKNIGHTS

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish Amazing Spider-Man vol. 2 was in print/had an upcoming reprint, because for Indigo's buy-2-get-1 sale I would have just went with that as one of them. I'll still wait a bit to see my paycheck, and honestly I'm starting to seriously consider cutting down on my video game collection (not really to get more comics but it could allow me to get some), the main issue is figuring out which games to sell, how I'd split the revenue with my brother, how I'd get all the packaging material and where/how I'd sell it.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Hello. What's the general consciousness on comicbook reviews? Do they matter in the same way like other mediums? I've read even writers and such don't really pay attention to them as a source of critique.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Hello. What's the general consciousness on comicbook reviews? Do they matter in the same way like other mediums? I've read even writers and such don't really pay attention to them as a source of critique.
Honestly, I find the quality of most comic book reviews very lacking, they might as well be a random forum post. I love the occasional discussion articles that actually delve deeper into the issues though

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I trust pretty much none for weekly books. I go to AV Club, Polygon, and more for "best of" lists each year mostly for indie stuff and OGNs, though.

Honestly, asking here for recs is pretty good. I know by now who likes books I like, but we can all probably sell you on the great stuff.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hickman wrote an X-Men story that:

1. Had good dialogue
2. No weird cult shit
3. Will actually be followed up on next issue

Somebody stop him he's out of control
But I like the weird cult shit! I want to see where this is headed.
If its only 8 issues, ill probably keep getting it rather than trade waiting.
Usually I'll just trade wait if something is a mini. 8-12 is a maybe. But I don't feel compelled on this one.
He's back?!
I regret to inform this community that Nioh 2 releases this Friday, so therefore I am cancelling comics for the forseeable future. Shonen still in play tho!
The demo didn't do it for me. The difficulty bump over the last game was too much.
there's definitely a detachment between hickman's group and the rest of marvel. it's like everyone else is thinking "haha the mutants are all on an island! what fun!" and have largely missed the brainwashed suicide sex cult part of it.
I am all in on the suicide sex cult story.
Lunchbox needs to choose less obvious names for his alt accounts.
Cable is "essential reading" confirmed!
This man is clearly a snek. 🐍
the last page of Hulk was fucking phenomenal
It's always the last page. That's why I stopped reading it. The current arc really lost me.
Just read it. Kinda disappointed tbh.

The first "chapter" is like almost 20 silent pages of some weird flashback i guess, and while the art is quite pretty, it changes artstyles every 2 panels so it gets confusing and its pretty hard to make out what's going on. Then there's data pages which, like, cool i guess, but since we still don't know shit about the world they just feel like a chore. "Here, read these 7 data pages about a world you havent even seen yet"

The second half is definitely better, with an actual interesting story and better and more consistent art, kinda like a looser Black Magick.

Issue 2 seems like the one wherethe story actually starts getting interesting, I'll probably trade wait it tho
I'll hold off for now, thanks. It looked interesting but I'm tired of new #1's.
Are image teasing Ms America again??
That's a better costume design than the last one America got from Marvel.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The Batgirl Joker War cover makes me very uncomfortable

BATGIRL48COV_col.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.