• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here a UK Comixology user? I just got charged for my subscriptions and it was £4 per book, which is what the price should be in dollars. Looks like the whole site is like that, I've put in a support ticket asking what the deal is but has anyone else had similar issues?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here a UK Comixology user? I just got charged for my subscriptions and it was £4 per book, which is what the price should be in dollars. Looks like the whole site is like that, I've put in a support ticket asking what the deal is but has anyone else had similar issues?
Comixology UK raised their prices last week.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yes, I've been moaning about it since. I bought last week's comics from Amazon UK as they were cheaper, but now they've been raised to match.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Green Lantern #2 is just Morrison acknowledging the "Morrison Dialogue" and adding an in-story reason for it. And also a reason to use daddy as many times as possible

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Duggan figured out how to make a cool Young Cable story, but he did do the next best thing, which is getting REALLY WEIRD with it, boy oh boy.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Hickman wrote an X-Men story that:

1. Had good dialogue
2. No weird cult shit
3. Will actually be followed up on next issue

Somebody stop him he's out of control

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
ASM 41

considering the direction the book looks to be going in in the upcoming months I think this stuff with the tablet is going to go very, very wrong

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gimme that ear

ESx-8_5U4AAEMCm

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I saw BC posted a story on it
www.bleedingcool.com

70% ComiXology Price Increase Across Europe is Not Going Away - and Yes, It’s Brexit’s Fault

Last week, Bleeding Cool reported on an up-to-70% hike in the price of digital comic books on ComiXology in Britain, as the digital distributor raised
So Europeans can still just buy digital comics through amazon through their same account and get the old price for now, eh?
LOL Holy Shit. If those are the real new prices then I guess I'm not buying comics anymore :(
I didn't realize you were in the UK. I have no idea where you are, in fact.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Both in X-men and in their Own books, the New Mutants feel so far and apart from the rest of Krakoa.

Like everything else is sketchy ass krakoa dealings and initiatives. and the New mutants (and all the kids under them) are just over there, being X-men.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
So Europeans can still just buy digital comics through amazon through their same account and get the old price for now, eh?

I didn't realize you were in the UK. I have no idea where you are, in fact.
Not sure if you're mixing me up with someone else because I don't post in this thread a ton. But I am in fact from the UK, Scotland though. The best part of the UK :D

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone bother picking up Hickman's new #1, Decorum?
I just flipped through it. The art is wild. Some pages are half black and white and half colored. Theres a bunch of those patented Hickman charts and graphs. And its almost 50 pages.

If its only 8 issues, ill probably keep getting it rather than trade waiting.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both in X-men and in their Own books, the New Mutants feel so far and apart from the rest of Krakoa.

Like everything else is sketchy ass krakoa dealings and initiatives. and the New mutants (and all the kids under them) are just over there, being X-men.

I prefer it personally. I always got the sense that Magik is only tolerating all of this Krakoa shit out of loyalty to the X-Men and is generally indifferent otherwise. She's never done well with councils and tribunals.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer it personally. I always got the sense that Magik is only tolerating all of this Krakoa shit out of loyalty to the X-Men and is generally indifferent otherwise. She's never done well with councils and tribunals.

In Strange Academy she literally has The Pretender Scarlet Witch as a co-worker she doesn't give a fuck.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Quick digital comic reading related question for everyone in here...

I have a real good friend who I have finally persuaded to take the plunge and also read comics digitally on his tablet. Like me he prefers good old fashioned print comics, but he is now willing to do both. Funny enough even though he was not big on digital ever he has picked up quite a few Humble Comic Bundles in the past but was reading them on his laptop, etc.

I initially used an Android tablet myself but moved on to the iPad Pro when it was released (I did not get the iPad Pro just for reading comics, I do digital illustration so the reading comics on it was an added bonus).

Since it has been quite some time since I used an Android tablet to read comics, I am wondering what app people think is best these days to read their own .cbz / .cbr files so I can recommend it to my friend?

I used to use ComicRack (paid) and Astonishing Comic Reader back when I used Android. It looks like ComicRack is no longer updated based on comments I am reading. Either that or it just is not very good these days. He has checked out Astonishing and said it seemed fine.

Really I am basically just wondering if there are any new contenders for comic apps on the market since I have not used Android in a long time myself.

TIA,
DL

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I regret to inform this community that Nioh 2 releases this Friday, so therefore I am cancelling comics for the forseeable future. Shonen still in play tho!

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In Strange Academy she literally has The Pretender Scarlet Witch as a co-worker she doesn't give a fuck.
there's definitely a detachment between hickman's group and the rest of marvel. it's like everyone else is thinking "haha the mutants are all on an island! what fun!" and have largely missed the brainwashed suicide sex cult part of it.
I'll be cancelling comics for Animal Crossing soon.

Who is getting Animal Crossing???
you know it, aizo! let's share fruit.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I did not know the artist changed again for X-men, but wow Asrar's stuff is an unexpected treat

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I did not know the artist changed again for X-men, but wow Asrar's stuff is an unexpected treat
the rotating artists is working out so well. letting each artist really put in their best work. even yu's more recent stuff is a step beyond the early issues.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Bendis DD Omni Vol. 2. Not quite as strong as the first volume, but still very good. That final arc especially was fantastic. Exhilerating stuff that had everyone in Murdock's world involved in what felt like a great final act of a screenplay. Just a real strong end to a solid run of stories.

The Omni also includes some Ultimate Universe Team-up arc for whatever reason I'll read before jumping into Brubaker.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I buy the Epic Collections of PAD's Hulk run? It's been like a year and they haven't gone on sale until now (altogether they'd be about $30 along with the $30 for the rest of the Marvel Visionaries that collect the first chunk of PAD's run), but I'm worried I've spent too much on comics this month.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
the rotating artists is working out so well. letting each artist really put in their best work. even yu's more recent stuff is a step beyond the early issues.
Yeah Yu really worked for the previous issue with the unsettling vibes, while Asrar brings another sort of energy to the table for a more "normal" issue. I wasn't very happy with Yu's stuff for the first few issues until #4 (where I felt it fit nicely)

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Should I buy the Epic Collections of PAD's Hulk run? It's been like a year and they haven't gone on sale until now (altogether they'd be about $30 along with the $30 for the rest of the Marvel Visionaries that collect the first chunk of PAD's run), but I'm worried I've spent too much on comics this month.

Why not the omnibus? I think it might work out better on a price per issue basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.