• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Finally cracked Bendis DD Omni 2 and am about 1/3rd of the way in.

Still really enjoying this run although it is now sort of confusing as to whether the world truly has accepted that Murdock's identity is known or if there is still some doubt? I mean it feels like so many storylines have ended with him unmasked either willfully or not and enough DO know the truth...it's now the worst kept secret. So everytime Bendis reminds the reader that Murdock is still denying the charges, I'm like "oh wait...really? This is still a debate?"

Agreed with Vic_Viper that Meleev's art has improved over the span of his work on this book and I've really enjoyed the use of different visual layouts to showcase flashbacks in a certain arc. Issue 65 was some big anniversary special that had a ton of guest artists doing pages. Although it mostly was a long catch-up story it was a nice change of pace and look at key events painted with literally a different brush.

Really looking forward to Brubaker next.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Could've read comics, but I watched Love is Blind instead

Oh well NOW I can read comics. Only one of these was a mistake and not both

So I sense Joker War ending the Ric Grayson status quo

We're SO fucking close to it ending. It's a tease. It's the most painful edging.

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I'm mad that Eaglesham didn't draw Shazam #11, which is the greatest issue in modern DC comics, because goddamn.
Well tell me which. I just finished House of Cards the other day, and while the first 3-4 Seasons were engaging political drama, it then devolved to "The call is coming from INSIDE the (White) House!!!"

I don't wanna watch Love is Blind if it's a stinker.
It depends on how much you enjoy reality dating television and relationship drama. I watched 2 episodes and it made me upset in a way that means I have to keep watching.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While I'm enjoying it so far, I won't lie. These aren't stories I'd read if they weren't Batman. I genuinely enjoy the Stan Lee early Spider-Man of the 60s. But this early 40s stuff... it's got a couple decades of work to do.

I won't give all the credit to Lee, because he's one guy among many, and probably not the first. But he was really on another level. If you read the early Marvel stuff its shocking to see it happen in real time.

Like, I went through the first issues of 60s Thor and the writing is paper thin. Very Golden Age in style, just goofy, shallow plots with archetypal heroes and villains and dames. But Lee takes over about a dozen issues in and it's like flipping a switch. Suddenly there's drama, pathos, characters have their own inner lives that develop and change from issue to issue.

The early Marvel stuff is so revolutionary for superhero comics, and I didn't appreciate that until I read the stuff that came out beforehand. It really set a new standard.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally cracked Bendis DD Omni 2 and am about 1/3rd of the way in.

Still really enjoying this run although it is now sort of confusing as to whether the world truly has accepted that Murdock's identity is known or if there is still some doubt? I mean it feels like so many storylines have ended with him unmasked either willfully or not and enough DO know the truth...it's now the worst kept secret. So everytime Bendis reminds the reader that Murdock is still denying the charges, I'm like "oh wait...really? This is still a debate?"

Agreed with Vic_Viper that Meleev's art has improved over the span of his work on this book and I've really enjoyed the use of different visual layouts to showcase flashbacks in a certain arc. Issue 65 was some big anniversary special that had a ton of guest artists doing pages. Although it mostly was a long catch-up story it was a nice change of pace and look at key events painted with literally a different brush.

Really looking forward to Brubaker next.
Sadly, I don't think that plot point goes away until Waid or Soule lol. Unless it happened again I guess.

Hope I didn't spoil anything for you the past few days. I guess I thought you were further ahead than you were. My bad if Idid.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, I don't think that plot point goes away until Waid or Soule lol. Unless it happened again I guess.

Hope I didn't spoil anything for you the past few days. I guess I thought you were further ahead than you were. My bad if Idid.

No worries on spoilers. I didn't feel anything was, and even if, I'm not all that concerned over them. Context is more important than the end result.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Also, were we wrong about our favorite potato artist?

d6987e4903ed968773ea860369ee557b.jpg

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
lol, I really liked that cover.

how did you like those last 2 issues in the first Omni?

Heh, I'm trying to remember how Omni 1 ended. I immediately dove into Omni 2 right away and pretty much did 20 issues in a single sitting so all the stories are bleeding together.

I think it was Ben Urich detailing Murdock's neurosis over the loss of Karen and then giving Milla the divorce she wants?

But regardless, I've enjoyed it all. Really loved when Black Widow returned as she always adds a bit of levity to Murdock's constantly dour predicaments. Just a fun character. They do make a good combo...if only Matt ever realizes it.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all this "Weisz is Taskmaster" theory is about to have me wrangling necks it's so dumb holy shit

I don't even care if Tasky is a woman but Iron Maiden is an important character to the Black Widow mythos and I will not see her rolled into another character so casually by MCU only stans

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I'm trying to remember how Omni 1 ended. I immediately dove into Omni 2 right away and pretty much did 20 issues in a single sitting so all the stories are bleeding together.

I think it was Ben Urich detailing Murdock's neurosis over the loss of Karen and then giving Milla the divorce she wants?

But regardless, I've enjoyed it all. Really loved when Black Widow returned as she always adds a bit of levity to Murdock's constantly dour predicaments. Just a fun character. They do make a good combo...if only Matt ever realizes it.
Nono, I was talking about the team up issues with Spider-man and Iron Fist

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Y'all this "Weisz is Taskmaster" theory is about to have me wrangling necks it's so dumb holy shit

I don't even care if Tasky is a woman but Iron Maiden is an important character to the Black Widow mythos and I will not see her rolled into another character so casually by MCU only stans
Well, is there any thing pointing to them doing that?

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, is there any thing pointing to them doing that?

No, mostly just people not understanding his powers. Their whole reasoning is he "fights like a Black Widow', which...yeah, duh. He also fights like Cap, Spidey, Hawkeye, and Black Panther.

I think it's mostly wishful thinking and I totally get that because she's a great actress but I think there is a lot of potential in Iron Maiden having other motives and her trying to send Nat after Taskmaster to cover her own ass.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, mostly just people not understanding his powers. Their whole reasoning is he "fights like a Black Widow', which...yeah, duh. He also fights like Cap, Spidey, Hawkeye, and Black Panther.

I think it's mostly wishful thinking and I totally get that because she's a great actress but I think there is a lot of potential in Iron Maiden having other motives and her trying to send Nat after Taskmaster to cover her own ass.
He can fight like Spidey? I'd think that Spider-Man's fighting style relies so much on his strength, agility and senses to the point that Taskmaster wouldn't be physically capable of doing so.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He can fight like Spidey? I'd think that Spider-Man's fighting style relies so much on his strength, agility and senses to the point that Taskmaster wouldn't be physically capable of doing so.

While ostensibly a limited human Tony has shown the ability to fight like a superhuman in a limited capacity. Some comics explain it as him using chi, while others surpassing his limiters. He's used Spidey's moves to put down Venom before:

7546208.jpg

And in the new Widow trailer he does a Spidey kick and flip. It's also implied at times Tasky might be a super soldier because he gets referenced as one of the serum users in the same breath as Cage and Rogers.

Ultimately he is still not using the moves as quickly as spider man himself does, so you can imagine that he would not be able to replicate them at the same speed, but hes definitely one of the most acrobatic characters in Marvel to the point that he runs circles even around Captain America and Daredevil.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
He may not be able to replicate Spidey's physical strength and speed but he can still perform some of the techniques especially if given the right tools

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I hear Rachel Weisz is playing Taskmaster in the Black Widow movie. That's awesome.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
because I know y'all have been waiting with baited breath for this

ew.com

Geoff Johns, Jason Fabok tease DC's 'Three Jokers' comic in exclusive interview

Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok are set to explore the mystery of the 'Three Jokers' in an anticipated new DC comic. Here, they give EW a first look at how it draws on classic stories like 'The Killing Joke'
After this and the metal stuff ends, DC should put a ban on using joker or joker-but X characters for at least half a decade

May 24, 2019
A Frank Quitely appreciation thread just coincidentally came up in Etcetera.
www.resetera.com

What's the best thing you can make out of a potato?

Is it fries? Is it chips/crisps? Mashed potatoes? Potato gratinΓ©? Baked potato? As far as snacks and side orders go, I must say I feel potato ones don't carry as much novelty for me any more after trying numerous alternatives. For dishes it's tough to pick a clear winner. Maybe some...

ew.com

Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok are set to explore the mystery of the 'Three Jokers' in an anticipated new DC comic. Here, they give EW a first look at how it draws on classic stories like 'The Killing Joke'

lol at Bruce drunk driving into his parents tombstones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

ew.com

Is Batman Who LMAOS a Joker? Is there a Punchline who LMAOS. Maybe I could commission that

May 24, 2019
Cool! Too bad I never felt like I could jump on Orlando's stuff just because he was picking up GWW's pieces.
Really liked Supergirl: Being Super and Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
That's surprising, with the interviews he gave beforehand it seemed like Orlando was going to stay on a lot longer than only a dozen issues.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
janin is gonna do some cool action with fancy layouts and it's gonna make Wonder Woman pop off in a way it hasn't popped off in a minute

I like how Marquez is phoning in the covers so he doesn't overshadow Janins basic ass clipart. What a true pro.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
That's surprising, with the interviews he gave beforehand it seemed like Orlando was going to stay on a lot longer than only a dozen issues.

I'm kinda bummed out having read the last issue of WW. Dude brought back Devastation. That is some deep cut lore, and I'm behind anyone who loves a hero enough to do research and write something like that.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Seven Jokers is actually coming out lol

A Frank Quitely appreciation thread just coincidentally came up in Etcetera.
www.resetera.com

What's the best thing you can make out of a potato?

Is it fries? Is it chips/crisps? Mashed potatoes? Potato gratinΓ©? Baked potato? As far as snacks and side orders go, I must say I feel potato ones don't carry as much novelty for me any more after trying numerous alternatives. For dishes it's tough to pick a clear winner. Maybe some...

lol at Bruce drunk driving into his parents tombstones.
Har Har lol. I legit went in there ready to fight, then I saw all the french fries.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
BOOM! needs to hurry up with the Buffy/Angel Hellmouth crossover collection. Anyone know if they have solicited one yet? Been waiting for it to be all collected before reading it through.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍

Also, were we wrong about our favorite potato artist?
We were not. Everyone in that image has a mask on! He is hiding their potato faces!

ew.com

Can we have 0 Jokers instead?
MARIKO TAMAKI ON WW STARTING AT #759, JANIN ON ART

The Sentinels have cross over to the DCU.

🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍

BOOM! needs to hurry up with the Buffy/Angel Hellmouth crossover collection. Anyone know if they have solicited one yet? Been waiting for it to be all collected before reading it through.
July, looks like.

MAR201379.jpg

🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boom has a flash sale and it won't let me buy Coda.

Fire Comixology.

Status
Not open for further replies.