• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Pun Pun really that rough? I've only read Solanin last week and thought it was pretty great, and while the story had it's sad moments, I felt the ending was full of hope for Meiko. The writing is amazing though, and scarily relatable. I did buy the first volume of Pun Pun but haven't gotten into it yet. The Pun Pun bird seems so adorable lol

Ask Messi.

Pun Pun made me physically wretch at one point and no work of fiction has ever done that.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Ask Messi.

Pun Pun made me physically wretch at one point and no work of fiction has ever done that.

Well it's made me cry multiple times and I feel like I haven't hit the worst part yet. The last bit I read made me physically ill as Aiko is my favourite character and yeah... Its rough. Vol 6 is tough so far.

People must be like... It can't be that bad. I said that before I started and it was fine early going but it slowly just pulls you into this well of horrible things. The moments of happiness are so fleeting.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Brubaker starts his DD run so strong. Bendis and Maleev did a great job, but this is just on a whole nother level. His strengths telling street level crime noir type stories really suits Brubaker on a book like DD. I really need to read his actual Batman issues sometime and see how well he does in that world.

Then Lark is basically a more well refined version of Maleev, and can pull off great action sequences too lol.

Btw, who is Dakota North? If theres like a surprise twist, dont tell me. But at first I thought she was Black Widow or Jessica Jones in disguise, but then I saw that she had her own mini series, so I guess not.

May 24, 2019
who is Dakota North?

I dunno, but I love this pose on her old comic
TvoWXHq.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Brubaker starts his DD run so strong. Bendis and Maleev did a great job, but this is just on a whole nother level. His strengths telling street level crime noir type stories really suits Brubaker on a book like DD. I really need to read his actual Batman issues sometime and see how well he does in that world.

Then Lark is basically a more well refined version of Maleev, and can pull off great action sequences too lol.

Btw, who is Dakota North? If theres like a surprise twist, dont tell me. But at first I thought she was Black Widow or Jessica Jones in disguise, but then I saw that she had her own mini series, so I guess not.

Gotham Central by Brubaker and Greg Rucka absolutely whips. Rucka's issues are even better than Brubaker's, imo

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
What's worse is I legit don't know how this is going end and I just feel it in my bones that he's gonna hurt the character I care about most.

And Sacchi.

If I never read it... No one will get hurt. See SiP. There will always be more Katchoo if I never read the last two books.

May 24, 2019
What's worse is I legit don't know how this is going end and I just feel it in my bones that he's gonna hurt the character I care about most.

And Sacchi.

If I never read it... No one will get hurt. See SiP. There will always be more Katchoo if I never read the last two books.

You need closure, Messi. Bite the bullet.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's made me cry multiple times and I feel like I haven't hit the worst part yet. The last bit I read made me physically ill as Aiko is my favourite character and yeah... Its rough. Vol 6 is tough so far.

People must be like... It can't be that bad. I said that before I started and it was fine early going but it slowly just pulls you into this well of horrible things. The moments of happiness are so fleeting.

Do they actually stick with the Pun Pun bird through the entire story, or as he gets older you finally get to see what the character really looks like? Will have to look into getting the other volumes, I think I want to start Pun Pun once I finish off Slam Dunk.

Been also thinking about starting an Uncanny X-Men readthrough so I can get caught up by the time the 4th Omni comes out (never read the Claremont X-men stuff before, my first comics were in the 90s >_>)

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Do they actually stick with the Pun Pun bird through the entire story, or as he gets older you finally get to see what the character really looks like? Will have to look into getting the other volumes, I think I want to start Pun Pun once I finish off Slam Dunk.

Been also thinking about starting an Uncanny X-Men readthrough so I can get caught up by the time the 4th Omni comes out (never read the Claremont X-men stuff before, my first comics were in the 90s >_>)
the interpretation changes, but you never see him as a human full on.

Punpun is great, but I prefer Solanin

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

He grows up slowly and you see him change as a bird.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, future Franklin had to go to the past to tell Valeria to stop using problematic language against his younger self.

fFbTYYw.png

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
YV8iTR8.jpg
eUX08qI.png
MwE6Jjm.jpg

Black totem-esque Punpun was the best when he was in complete and utter despair.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
leave messi alone he's already hurt enough from punpun :(

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I want someone to give Robert Eggers a bad LSD trip and then make him direct a Goodnight Punpun TV show for liveleak.com.

May 24, 2019
yesss
f6P63YO.jpg

I don't know why people are so down on Spawn. Yeah he's for edgy teenage boys. So? That's who's supposed to be reading comics in the first place instead of our old asses.

He's for us edgy 40 year olds. Nobody became a new Spawn reader in the last few decades.

I want someone to give Robert Eggers a bad LSD trip and then make him direct a Goodnight Punpun TV show for liveleak.com.

The guy who did The Florida Project should do USA Punpun.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Was the Berserk deluxe edition not their first deluxe? Or are those so successful that they decided to do the same with Hellsing?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I've said it before.

Punpun is like slowly stabbing yourself in the eye with a nail.

After a while it goes numb and you think "This ain't so bad"

But then it comes back to you that you're stabbing yourself in the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.