• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It looks dire, I'd say nobody with respect would go and see it, but nobody with respect reads Valiant comics anyway
I dunno, I thought it looked fun. Hell, better than the Morbius movie does lol.

Reminded me of that movie from a year or two ago where the guy puts that weird chip in his spine and gets enhanced skills or whatever.

Bloodshot is basically like Wolverine and Punisher mixed right?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I thought it looked fun. Hell, better than the Morbius movie does lol.

Reminded me of that movie from a year or two ago where the guy puts that weird chip in his spine and gets enhanced skills or whatever.

Bloodshot is basically like Wolverine and Punisher mixed right?
Upgrade? Please don't compare it to Upgrade :(

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What's that Villain Month HQ issue doing outside of the trash bin?

You would think I did that on purpose but I didn't. I have multiple copies of every Harley issue from the past 5-6 years. Even the bad ones... I can't throw them out.

I just noticed Tokyo Ghost is on the chair 😂

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You would think I did that on purpose but I didn't. I have multiple copies of every Harley issue from the past 5-6 years. Even the bad ones... I can't throw them out
Messi gonna be on his own episode of Hoarders one day. They're gonna have to send in a rescue team who will have to wade through 5 feet of Harley comics and merch. But they will be too late. There will be no survivors.

May 24, 2019
I hope Bloodshot will be half as good/fun/exciting as Upgrade.
Y'all seen da Invisible Man? That's from the Upgrade director. Peggy from Mad Men is great in it.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Some late entries for DC's 2020 collection plans:

Batman: The Golden Age Vol. 9 - $125 - 672 Pages - December 8, 2020
Collects Batman #76-84, plus stories from Detective Comics #192-208 and World's Finest Comics #63-70.

Hercules Unbound - $39.99 - 224 Pages - December 8, 2020
Collects Hercules Unbound #1-12

Absolute Transmetropolitan Vol. 1 (New Printing) - $150 - 544 Pages - December 8

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do I want to spend $60 on Zot!, Gyo, and 20th Century Boys or $80 on Monster Boy, Tangled Tower and Knights & Bikes?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
He should be glad that Cyclops ain't petty for when he got up in his face about him running X-Force back in the day

Oh he's definitely a hypocritical ass but it's funny thinking about the on here/the OT thread to #6. Mutant world order that tells the humans to get fucked sounds great until they have to step on innocent and good people to consolidate their power so it can happen.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I decided against Gyo but I'm still gonna get Zot! and 20th Century Boys vol. 4. Anyone have a recommendation for a (preferably) oversized done-in-one and/or complete collection?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Oh he's definitely a hypocritical ass but it's funny thinking about the on here/the OT thread to #6. Mutant world order that tells the humans to get fucked sounds great until they have to step on innocent and good people to consolidate their power so it can happen.
I mean Magneto points out in Wolverine that X-Force is specifically paralleling an organization that does terrible things to yield necessary results. Which is funny how "superior" Krakoa is to humanity, and how okay with this Magneto of all people is supportive of it.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
this seems cool. new paperback collections starting from the start.

"Presenting the complete saga of rabbit ronin Miyamoto Usagi from the very beginning, in new, definitive color editions!"

www.penguinrandomhouseretail.com

Usagi Yojimbo Origins, Vol. 1: Samurai | Penguin Random House Retail

Presenting the complete saga of rabbit ronin Miyamoto Usagi from the very beginning, in new, definitive color editions!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, a brand new Inio Asano work about depression, crushing reality, and what happens when your dream isn't all it's cracked up to be? I think I know what I'm getting!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I survived Goodnight Punpun. I am an impenetrable wall.

I should read the last book and a half of Pun Pun.

1NAD7Fa.gif

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I looked into Punpun and yeah if I'm ever in the mood for several slaps in the face of feels and sads I'll be sure to read it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I looked into Punpun and yeah if I'm ever in the mood for several slaps in the face of feels and sads I'll be sure to read it.

It's painful in a way I never thought fiction could be. I absolutely adored it.

Almost picked up Dead Dead Demon's Dededestruction before I saw Downfall.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dan slott da gawd

list

ASM #40
gonna check out Cable #1, Duggan hasn't missed
Immortal Hulk #32
New Mutants #9
Thor #4
Venom #24
X-Men #8

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
I survived Goodnight Punpun. I am an impenetrable wall.

1NAD7Fa.gif

Is Pun Pun really that rough? I've only read Solanin last week and thought it was pretty great, and while the story had it's sad moments, I felt the ending was full of hope for Meiko. The writing is amazing though, and scarily relatable. I did buy the first volume of Pun Pun but haven't gotten into it yet. The Pun Pun bird seems so adorable lol

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I'm tellin y'all Punchline is a traitor. Also she's in Hell Arisen #3 if you want a glimpse at her and Joker's upcoming relationship

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Is Pun Pun really that rough? I've only read Solanin last week and thought it was pretty great, and while the story had it's sad moments, I felt the ending was full of hope for Meiko. The writing is amazing though, and scarily relatable. I did buy the first volume of Pun Pun but haven't gotten into it yet. The Pun Pun bird seems so adorable lol

Yes it gets very rough multiple times.

It's multiple characters growing up through childhood, teen and adult years... Some of them have relentlessly shit lives. It's hard to read at times.

That said it is clearly an incredible series. Also his current series Dead dead demon's dededede destruction is also fantastic and less grim but not without sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.