• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
QUICK FELLOW CANUCKS!! Give me suggestions for 3 omnis that are must-haves and are available online at Indigo! I'll then decide which to put in my cart and I'll keep them there until we get close to the deadline to see if I have enough money to get them.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
QUICK FELLOW CANUCKS!! Give me suggestions for 3 omnis that are must-haves and are available online at Indigo! I'll then decide which to put in my cart and I'll keep them there until we get close to the deadline to see if I have enough money to get them.
I'm not Canadian, but if Gail Simone's Wonder Woman is on there, that just came out and you should get that.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
(Mostly) DC collections for June - December this year.
xg6TFW9.jpg
N8aVZeT.jpg

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
xg6TFW9.jpg
N8aVZeT.jpg
Things I want, since Gail Simone's WW has filled me with a craving for omnis

Gail Simone's Batgirl
That Batwoman omni

ALSO

Devin Grayson's Nightwing getting collected? Isn't her run notoriously bad?
And Nightwing Year One finally getting collected! Yay!

Still though, New 52 Nightwing? No one wanted that. That can't be a thing people wanted.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I read Hidden Society #1. Pretty good, always loved Albuquerque's art since Blue Beetle. But the writer needs a new editor - common English phrases and terms were a bit off in numerous places. I am guessing Scavone wrote it in Portuguese and someone translated it for him.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Dark Agnes is THAT book, y'know?

I dunno if I enjoy it, because I'm not sure if I like reading it, but something compels me to read it.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, how is the Miles Morales omnibus? The other 2 I put in my cart were Sandman vol. 1 and the upcoming Uncanny X-Men vol. 1 reprint.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Time change bullshit list

BATMANS GRAVE #6
GREEN LANTERN SEASON 2 #2
WONDER WOMAN #753

IMMORTAL HULK #32
NEBULA #2
STAR WARS DARTH VADER #2
STAR WARS RISE KYLO REN #4

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
xg6TFW9.jpg
N8aVZeT.jpg
That list is actually missing a few books too lol. This year is packed already, I cant take anymore this year.

My list looks like this atm:

Superman Batman Omni*
Legion of Superheroes 5 Years Later Omni
Morrison's JLA
Dini Batman*
Absolute Swamp Thing Vol 2
New Warriors
Thunderbolts

JLA Deluxe vol. 2
PAD Young Justice Vol 5 (Digital)

(* if I have enough money lol)

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Huh. That James Jean portfolio caught my eye. I didn't know he did DC work. His personal art prints tend to be pretty pricey. Like $200+ a pop for a lot of them. For prints. Not originals.
Jean's Fables covers were godlike and the first work of his I saw. I still think those or his X-Men piece is the best thing he's ever done.

I definitely need that Morrison Batman 3.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Hickman's stretch on New Mutants and it wasn't as good as I hoped, but it was fine.

Now... trying to reconcile this and having Sam show up to watch his sister in the Crucible is not fine. Having these lighthearted characters mixed with stuff like that is jarring, and not in a good way. Hickman hasn't done a good job of justifying the characters going along with some of these things and I doubt that will ever be fixed.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's throwing me off that they're soliciting new Golden Age collections as late as November with the original trade dress. Like, they even uploaded new, non-placeholder art for the new Wonder Woman omnibus. I've got hope that I might be able to get the full Marston run with consistent cover art, and with DC collections hope is never a good thing.

Otherwise on that list I've got...

DEFINITELY
Green Arrow: Longbow Hunters Saga Omnibus Vol. 1 (what a weird name)
Man of Steel DLX Vol. 1
World of Black Hammer Library Edition Vol. 1
Black Hammer Library Edition Vol. 2

MAYBE
DKR: The Golden Child DLX
Green Arrow/Green Lantern: Space Traveling Heroes HC
Question: Deaths of Vic Sage HC
Mister Miracle DLX
Suicide Squad: Bad Blood HC
Batman by Tom King/Lee Weeks DLX

Weird rename for the Grell Green Arrow omnibus but whatever, I'll take it. Surprised that in general there's not any "must haves" for me in the back half of the year from DC. Pretty light for Marvel too, from what I remember. Gives me more time to fill in my backlog I guess.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be making some hard decisions on Omnis this year. My shelf space is now at a premium not to mention funding so many that look desirable. Have no idea yet what my list looks like, but it needs trimming as books keep getting announced.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Well, first case of Coronavirus found in my county. Fortunately I have plenty of toilet paper and comics in case I can't leave my apartment for a few weeks!

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of things coming out. I'm very much maybe considering getting the Mister Miracle deluxe edition all because of me accidentally getting the regular hardcover thinking it was bigger. >_>

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im considering the Omega Men Deluxe myself. Its the only Tom King book that I actually seriously enjoyed.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Lucifer v1 and that was a very strong first arc. Took a couple of issues for everything to get clear but stuck the landing perfectly.

Also finished reading a 'biographical' comic called Isadora, about the life of Isadora Duncan. Beautifully drawn. But unfortunately seems to not provide a full picture of her life for whatever reason. Major aspects of it are completely left out and seem to paint a very different picture compared to what is mentioned on Wikipedia.

Z8t2S9F.jpg

Well, first case of Coronavirus found in my county. Fortunately I have plenty of toilet paper and comics in case I can't leave my apartment for a few weeks!

Ouch. Stay safe. I am getting worried a little about how it is being handled in the US. Nothing yet in my state/county but it is inevitable.

there's a difference?

Of course. Marvel comics are worse than single-ply.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Read both Hickman and Briason's New Mutants now, and I have to say that was a perfectly competent comic. I'll see how the upcoming arc is with the OG crew back on Earth I suppose.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to convince me to pick up the No Guns Life manga instead of just watching the anime?

Yeah instead I'll get Zot, Gyo, and more 20th Century Boys.

Last edited:

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super pumped for Omega Men Deluxe and Plastic Man by Kyle Baker Deluxe.

Would say I'm excited for Astonishing X-Men Omni, but who knows if I'll be able to get it with how fast it's likely to sell out.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch the amazing anime then read up to date on the manga. The art is fantastic. But the anime is also great.

I'm trying to be more frugal with what I follow. If NGL is a mostly one-to-one adaptation I'd rather watch the anime and save my money.

I'm even donating my JoJo hardcovers to the library because I'm just gonna watch the anime from now. At least until Steel Ball Run at any rate.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Reading through seven soldiers of victory by Morrison and holy shit it's even better than I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.