• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
ok, Quantum and Woody v1 was hilarious and I am super impressed by Kibblesmith's comedic timing and skill at making Woody a likeable asshole. I also loved the dynamic between Eric and Woody. And both Kano and Portela were really really good with the comedy and action sequences. Already requested for v2 and Loki and Valiant high.

wDp1x2U.png

ZcpVKjG.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
BIG HAUL TODAY

Got a great deal on Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 and the full Crisis on Infinite Earths set!

5bUGEtE.png
Wait, Crisis on Infinite Earths was done by Wolfman and Pérez too? That's cool! I should pick up their New Teen Titans, but there's like 4 Omnis for it lol.

I also see a Gundam The Origin HC in there!

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Crisis on Infinite Earths was done by Wolfman and Pérez too? That's cool! I should pick up their New Teen Titans, but there's like 4 Omnis for it lol.

I also see a Gundam The Origin HC in there!
Outside of the Golden Age books, Teen Titans has to have the most omnibi of anything at DC, huh? Teen Titans is low on my priority list, but I'm always impressed by how comprehensive the collection is for it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the Golden Age books, Teen Titans has to have the most omnibi of anything at DC, huh? Teen Titans is low on my priority list, but I'm always impressed by how comprehensive the collection is for it.
I got a bunch of the Gundam HCs during RightStufAnime's big sale over the holidays, which made the investment much easier. Still have like 4 left to get.

but there is a site that's been uploading the entire run digitally for free, and it's legal lol. Think every page is colored there too.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017

Wonder Woman has been getting alot of Omni love lately too, heck they've even released the 60's Secret Agent Diana WW run! Hoping they can omni Ruckas run sometime now that all the trades for it came out.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
Fearscape's first page does a similar thing to that Deadpool page. Only much more scathing of the use of the nine panel grid. Works well in context though.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I meant more like their trades are $16 for 4 issues and HCs are $35 for 8 issues. Larger collections usually have a lower cost per issue. (But Marvel/DC are also moving away from that slowly - wonder how it'll affect their sales.)

Yeah boom trades and HCs are aggressively expensive

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine buying physical trades and hardcovers

This post was made by the CMX gang

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably to get a third tier of sales. They know some are going to wait for the ohc, or the Omni. So standard sized HCs are just extra sales. But yea I hate them.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they were historically released as a more sturdy option for libraries. Now that we have deluxe OHCs and omnis, they are definitely superfluous.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So, I've been going through my comic collection, browsing and reading, to get rid of some that I really hate, and I came across this:

20200307-210354.jpg

20200307-211231.jpg

20200307-210225.jpg

So fucking bad. It's obvious Liefeld wrote this too, it's very middle school/late elementary level humor.

Looking through a lot of my mid to late 90's comics, it seems like a fair number of them learned how to draw by trying to copy Jim Lee, McFarline, and Silvestri, rather than learn how to draw actual human beings first. And then some more learned by copying the copiers, leading to even more distorted messes.

I know it's been talked about many many times... but Liefeld sucked so fucking much.

And yet he brought Deadpool, Cable, and Supreme to the comic book world. It gives me very mixed feelings about the guy as a creator lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I've been going through my comic collection, browsing and reading, to get rid of some that I really hate, and I came across this:

20200307-210354.jpg

20200307-211231.jpg

20200307-210225.jpg

So fucking bad. It's obvious Liefeld wrote this too, it's very middle school/late elementary level humor.

Looking through a lot of my mid to late 90's comics, it seems like a fair number of them learned how to draw by trying to copy Jim Lee, McFarline, and Silvestri, rather than learn how to draw actual human beings first. And then some more learned by copying the copiers, leading to even more distorted messes.

I know it's been talked about many many times... but Liefeld sucked so fucking much.

And yet he brought Deadpool, Cable, and Supreme to the comic book world. It gives me very mixed feelings about the guy as a creator lol.

I thought this was showing Liefeld putting Cable in his own comic before I remembered that was Battlestone who is literally just Cable with braids.

Anyway Rob didn't make those characters, not really. He drew a thing and it got popular so other people with talent made it what it is today.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
To make us annoyed when we accidentally buy them only to find out a deluxe/OHC etc is releasing later.
100% agree. Feels like a medium that cuts into both the TBP and the OHC market without offering strengths over either.
It's probably to get a third tier of sales. They know some are going to wait for the ohc, or the Omni. So standard sized HCs are just extra sales. But yea I hate them.
Money. They know a percentage of collectors can't help themselves and they know they will double and triple dip.
All true answers

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For Canucked and any other Canadian collectors, Indigo has apparently started its "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" Sale on manga and graphic novels. Even works on preorders.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a shame that there doesn't appear to be a hardcover version of Dark Knight Returns without the sequel series, I heard that's not nearly as good, and that also makes it more expensive too!

Status
Not open for further replies.