• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"Christian Bale is going to play our villain, which is going to be fantastic," she told ET's Leanne Aguilera at the season 3 premiere of Westworld. "I've read the script. I can't tell you much. Lots of exciting text messages exchanged between Natalie and I. We're going to have fun. Taika is writing [and] directing. Some familiar faces. Some new people coming into the mix."

www.google.ca

Tessa Thompson Confirms Christian Bale Playing the Villain in 'Thor 4'

"Lots of exciting text messages exchanged between Natalie and I."

Baldur?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
"Christian Bale is going to play our villain, which is going to be fantastic," she told ET's Leanne Aguilera at the season 3 premiere of Westworld. "I've read the script. I can't tell you much. Lots of exciting text messages exchanged between Natalie and I. We're going to have fun. Taika is writing [and] directing. Some familiar faces. Some new people coming into the mix."

www.google.ca

Tessa Thompson Confirms Christian Bale Playing the Villain in 'Thor 4'

"Lots of exciting text messages exchanged between Natalie and I."

Baldur?

Why Balder? As revenge for Hela?

Christian Bale is.... Knull!

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
With an actor like that, MCU needs to bring out the big guns. Galactus!

Or maybe Mangog - who breaks out when Surtur got Asgard in Thor 3.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, have been away for like an hour and all this happens lol.

frankly, jim lee -should- have known about it and -should- have been the one getting his team the fuck away from the guy. but then again, he should know better than giving sgm a fucking line, too, and yet it became his first action as solo publisher.

Not defending it, but I think it would be pretty hard to track what every single artist is doing outside of DC's perview. Plus theyve been pretty busy lately with Didio leaving, so this was probably the last thing Lee was focused on. Just saying I could see how this was missed until this morning.

If I was Jim Lee of be strongly reconsidering SGM. I don't give a fuck if he sells. Is the money worth working with someone like that. How do the LGBT people in your company feel about it. But instead he gets a label?
You have to wonder just how much money has he been bringing in for DC with White Knight to get his own Label. I dont know what would be the last staw, but we seem to be getting close to it.

Here are my thoughts on today's thing. This is a bad, bad place for DC to be in, especially with Jim Lee taking over. We're getting to see whether DC chooses to support women and the LGBT+ community or the alt-right community, unfolding day to day.

Far Sector writer Jemisin, for those who aren't familiar, has zero fucking tolerance for alt-right shitheadery. If she knows about what's going on, which given her very online nature is all but certain, I can't imagine her wanting to stick things out at DC. I'd say if she departs then that means DC is siding with SGM on the matter. I'd expect Jemisin to be the canary in this regard.

Imma be so fucking pissed if she leaves. I would totally trade SGM for her in a heartbeat right now. He will do fine in creator owned stuff, while Jemisin is just killing it at DC right now.

May 24, 2019
He should totally play Agger. Imagine him basically returning to the American Psycho role 20 years later. That'd be fun.
Instead of chainsawing women, he turns into a Minotaur.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
You know they are totally going to be doing that Climate Change / Corporate pollution story, while also doing the Jane Thor story.

I hope this Jane Thor movie isnt just a one and done. They could do a few films with her if they wanted to. I would like to see them do the Shi-ar war arc.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would actually prefer Dario Agger - I think Bale would do great in the role, and I think it's the sort of character that fits Waititi's style more. I can't imagine him doing Gorr justice, but a completely blatant, unapologetically evil corporate asshole that's also secretly a minotaur seems like a concept he could have fun with.

Also I like Agger in general, shallow as he might be.

May 24, 2019
It would be a bit close to WW84, though. They're doing Max Lord as a sleazy businessman who probably gets powers at the end.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to read the Wally West Flash run from the beginning and Baron's stuff is wild. The scripting is a total mess! It's interesting but I'm just looking forward to Messner-Loebs.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Just read Spider-man: Life Story. It's fantastic but also makes me a little sad about how tragic Peter's life really is. Really great twist on Spidey's stories through the decades.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just so folk know the whole story, someone on the site claimed that they'd breached ResetEra's data and had emails/passwords, etc. They claimed to have messaged the admins from multiple accounts as "proof." ResetEra responded, saying that they looked into it and found no evidence of a breach, but did find evidence that the user in question is a known alt-right member with a history of harassing ResetEra members. They attributed the multiple accounts to the user having access to public information stolen from breaches on other websites.

The same user has now posted from several other accounts, posting dox'd (and potentially false) information context-free collected by places like Kiwifarms to try and harass B-Dubs, the site General Manager.

If folk don't have 2-factor security set up, it might be a good time to do so. If you're using an old password that may have been scraped by hackers from a different website (maybe even NeoGaf) then it'd be worth changing.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Coming up on the end of the Bendis Daredevil run. Think ive got like 2 or 3 issues left. It started out super strong, but this back half hasnt been quite as good imo. Really excited to get to Brubaker and Lark's turn. The only thing im dreading is the first arc with Matt in Jail lol.

It is pretty cool to see how refined Maleev's art has gotten since the beginning of the run. It has gotten much less sloppy and more detailed over time to the point where I wasnt even sure it was him on this last arc until I looked it up lol.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Just so folk know the whole story, someone on the site claimed that they'd breached ResetEra's data and had emails/passwords, etc. They claimed to have messaged the admins from multiple accounts as "proof." ResetEra responded, saying that they looked into it and found no evidence of a breach, but did find evidence that the user in question is a known alt-right member with a history of harassing ResetEra members. They attributed the multiple accounts to the user having access to public information stolen from breaches on other websites.

The same user has now posted from several other accounts, posting dox'd (and potentially false) information context-free collected by places like Kiwifarms to try and harass B-Dubs, the site General Manager.

If folk don't have 2-factor security set up, it might be a good time to do so. If you're using an old password that may have been scraped by hackers from a different website (maybe even NeoGaf) then it'd be worth changing.

lol people really have nothing better to do.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
SpryWelllitBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

live footage of me hacking comicera because no one posts thoughtful analysis or reviews anymore and only posts hot takes and speculation about 5g
Oh so my response about Higgins' Nightwing means nothing? Okay. That's fine.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wanna get rid of Facebook but I follow some awesome drag queens, animals and comic stuff. I just hate that I can't filter out more. I don't care for or buy SGM shit anymore but it's all over my feed

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I was so wrong about the Matt in Jail stuff. Its soooo good.

Bendis wrote a really neat forward to the Brubaker omni thats worth a read. He talks about why he wanted Brubaker to come to Marvel and do Daredevil after he left. I guess they started out together at some indie black and white comic publisher. But when Bendis was talking to him about doing Daredevil, Brubaker was the one who wanted to see him go to jail.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I really dont know about some of the people here. Just looking at some of the comments in that thread B Dub posted. It feels like things are only getting worse, here and every where else.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im going to blame you if that ends up being the case

She was recruited by Way who seems to be gone from DC again, for an imprint that no longer exists outside of this one title, and according to an interview in November of last year has already written all 12 issues. She's also working on a new novel trilogy (the first book of which comes out soon I believe), so as much I want her to stick around as well, my gut says she's done. 🤷‍♂️

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
wtf is happening on etc side? people having their accounts hacked and shit? Sites under attack?

wat

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
wtf is happening on etc side? people having their accounts hacked and shit? Sites under attack?

wat
Nah. Someone on the site that hates us (KF) got access to like 20 accounts. Passwords are hashed here, so it couldn't play out the way that reporter claimed. They likely got a bunch of email address/passwords elsewhere on the net and found people that had era accounts who don't use different passwords. It happens all the time. I used to work for a financial institution, and people got their info stolen elsewhere all the time, because we had zero successful attacks on our actual system.

Always a good idea to turn on 2FA and change your passwords anyway, though.
Who has the time to do that

Man, I envy em
Not just time, but who is that petty? Just weird behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.