• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Twitch Amsterdam cancelled too, dunno how many cases were reported in the Netherlands, theres been less than 100 here in the UK

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I bit the bullet and bought Flash #750, and found it underwhelming. The Captain Cold story and the Jay story were the only parts I really enjoyed. The flash forward epilogue was once again meta-commentary about DC's timeline, and at this point I just want them to fix it now or ignore it, all the constant wink wink nods nods are becoming grating. I'll admit my annoyance is probably amplified by me still not liking Wally in that chair. For a celebration issue it was especially lacking, there was only Barry, Jay and Wally getting any significant focus. Where's the other flash family? Having some more short stories for Max, Jesse, Bart, Avery, Wallace etc would be nice, but alas.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are we getting hacked
Someone who was banned awhile back was getting passwords from other site's data breaches and was trying them all on ResetEra to see if anyone was still using them. They were able to get a few, and someone was reporting that there was a massive data breach here on Twitter.

They are still working on it, but the site wasnt breached. You just might want to change your password if its one youve used on other sites, and active the 2 factor authentication just in case.

www.resetera.com

Potential ResetEra Data Breach (Appears to be False, See Threadmark)

Not trying to create a panic but this morning, someone on Twitter claimed that ResetEra had been breached and user data including emails and passwords had been leaked online. I posted this in the site issues thread and messaged staff, but no one has responded so far. Given how serious this is, I...

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I bit the bullet and bought Flash #750, and found it underwhelming. The Captain Cold story and the Jay story were the only parts I really enjoyed. The flash forward epilogue was once again meta-commentary about DC's timeline, and at this point I just want them to fix it now or ignore it, all the constant wink wink nods nods are becoming grating. I'll admit my annoyance is probably amplified by me still not liking Wally in that chair. For a celebration issue it was especially lacking, there was only Barry, Jay and Wally getting any significant focus. Where's the other flash family? Having some more short stories for Max, Jesse, Bart, Avery, Wallace etc would be nice, but alas.

I'm fairly certain all the Flash legacy stuff is returning but it's just taking 1000 years to happen.

May 24, 2019
Reading the Earthworm Jim guy's Twitter over the SGM thing is a trip.

He also went on a whole thing blaming Jim Lee, saying he threatened to take away the Murphyverse, and Jim's all "huh?"

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they have announced a Dementia 21 box set too.
I was looking at picking up those books. I'll wait for the box set, now.
I just bought the standard hardcover DC stop it.
I almost did but I held back. I kind of assumed it was already that size. Guess I'm gonna wait.
oh hey here's the only blake northcott collection you ever need to read

Damn, everyone jumping on Murphy like
source.gif

I love it.
Damn I feel like this is a bigger deal than people think.
Not really. ECCC was just being stubborn and now they're finally seeing reason.
SpryWelllitBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

live footage of me hacking comicera because no one posts thoughtful analysis or reviews anymore and only posts hot takes and speculation about 5g
Not so fast!

giphy.gif

DC needs to ditch the standard trim hardcover. Black Label, OHC, Omnibus, Abslolute. You have enough.
Black Label needs the wider books because of the actual comic format.
Twitch Amsterdam cancelled too, dunno how many cases were reported in the Netherlands, theres been less than 100 here in the UK
Those numbers will go up, though. Last week there were like 6 cases in the US, now we're up over 150.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Someone who was banned awhile back was getting passwords from other site's data breaches and was trying them all on ResetEra to see if anyone was still using them. They were able to get a few, and someone was reporting that there was a massive data breach here on Twitter.

They are still working on it, but the site wasnt breached. You just might want to change your password if its one youve used on other sites, and active the 2 factor authentication just in case.

www.resetera.com

Potential ResetEra Data Breach (Appears to be False, See Threadmark)

Not trying to create a panic but this morning, someone on Twitter claimed that ResetEra had been breached and user data including emails and passwords had been leaked online. I posted this in the site issues thread and messaged staff, but no one has responded so far. Given how serious this is, I...
wait what? wild

(i wasnt hacked it was just my sleepy dumbas hitting "post" on accident)

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Reading the Earthworm Jim guy's Twitter over the SGM thing is a trip.

He also went on a whole thing blaming Jim Lee, saying he threatened to take away the Murphyverse, and Jim's all "huh?"

frankly, jim lee -should- have known about it and -should- have been the one getting his team the fuck away from the guy. but then again, he should know better than giving sgm a fucking line, too, and yet it became his first action as solo publisher.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SpryWelllitBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

live footage of me hacking comicera because no one posts thoughtful analysis or reviews anymore and only posts hot takes and speculation about 5g
I'm not hacked. I can prove it; my art student self would willingly buy a copy of Batman Damned just to stare at the art.

May 24, 2019
I'm travelling overseas for work in a month, then flying back a month and a half after that, so hopefully international travel doesn't completely shut down in that time.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Brexit should've stopped this

fucking Boris
He's a fucking piece of human garbage, but it's not entirely his fault. A single sneeze can spread a sickness to like 60 people, so there's only so much you can do. This thing is going to get worse before it gets better.
I'm travelling overseas for work in a month, then flying back a month and a half after that, so hopefully international travel doesn't completely shut down in that time.
I sure wouldn't risk it.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I woke up today to my shipping notification for X-Force and everyone going hard at SGM. My day has already been made.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
yvkE1re.jpg

Some Marvel editor: Can you please do a small story that's not insanely epic and deals with multiple realities and timeline and makes you feel like a big brained Brett afterwords?

Hickman:
abNHQtJ.jpg

I bet Hickman comes out looking like Charlie when he found out there was no HR once he's done with a run.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
If I was Jim Lee of be strongly reconsidering SGM. I don't give a fuck if he sells. Is the money worth working with someone like that. How do the LGBT people in your company feel about it. But instead he gets a label?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
some weirdo in the mentions of SGM defending him with a baby yoda avatar

I love twitter 😂

Jan 2, 2018
I hope this is the right thread for this,but I recently decided that I want to take my love for Batman to the next level- and to finally read the comics!
I played the games,watched the animated series and most of the DC movies featuring him,but never got to the comics,so here's what I got for what will probably be my one time only comics collection because I just love the character so much (went into a blitz I know,but it was dirt cheap):
The Dark Knight Returns
Year One
The Man Who Laughs
Haunted Knight
The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
Black Mirror
Court of Owls
City of Owls
Death of the Family
Zero Year- Secret City
Zero Year- Dark City
Graveyard Shift
Endgame
Whatever Happened to Caped Crusader (love Gaiman's work so had to get it)
Ego
Earth one VOL1
Earth one VOL2
Joker
The Killing Joke
Hush
Arkham Asylum
Dark Nights Metal
The Batman Who Laughs
Death in The Family
Under the Red Hood

Anything I missed? Would love to hear more recommendations from you,I will say that I think I made quite the research in a short time and I especially looking for the more darker stories of the character.
*Do note that I am not a comic reader,just looking for Batman stuff.

May 24, 2019

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here are my thoughts on today's thing. This is a bad, bad place for DC to be in, especially with Jim Lee taking over. We're getting to see whether DC chooses to support women and the LGBT+ community or the alt-right community, unfolding day to day.

Far Sector writer Jemisin, for those who aren't familiar, has zero fucking tolerance for alt-right shitheadery. If she knows about what's going on, which given her very online nature is all but certain, I can't imagine her wanting to stick things out at DC. I'd say if she departs then that means DC is siding with SGM on the matter. I'd expect Jemisin to be the canary in this regard.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is the right thread for this,but I recently decided that I want to take my love for Batman to the next level- and to finally read the comics!
I played the games,watched the animated series and most of the DC movies featuring him,but never got to the comics,so here's what I got for what will probably be my one time only comics collection because I just love the character so much (went into a blitz I know,but it was dirt cheap):
The Dark Knight Returns
Year One
The Man Who Laughs
Haunted Knight
The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
Black Mirror
Court of Owls
City of Owls
Death of the Family
Zero Year- Secret City
Zero Year- Dark City
Graveyard Shift
Endgame
Ego
Earth one VOL1
Earth one VOL2
Joker
The Killing Joke
Hush
Arkham Asylum
Dark Nights Metal
The Batman Who Laughs
Death in The Family
Under the Red Hood

Anything I missed? Would love to hear more recommendations from you,I will say that I think I made quite the research in a short time and I especially looking for the more darker stories of the character.
You got all the major ones but I'd also recommend Batman: Year 100 and Batman Rebirth (Tom King's recent run that ran for 80-ish issues). Oh yeah and Gotham by Gaslight and The Doom That Came To Gotham.

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.comixology.com

Batman: White Knight (2017-2018) - Comics by comiXology

“Unlike anything we’ve seen before.” -Nerdist “Cinematic and graphic.” -A.V. Club “Murphy was truly born to draw Batman.” -IGN “A breakout hit.” -SyFy Wire The impossible has happened: The Joker has become...sane. Batman: White Knight follows the man now known as Jack Napier as he...
Should we really recommend that though? Does this user understand the complexities of the 3-act structure?

Jan 2, 2018
Should we really recommend that though? Does this user understand the complexities of the 3-act structure?
I actually almost bought it as well since I was intrigued by the book's idea,but then did a little research and realized this is part of a mini series so I bailed out,exactly because of the reason that I'm an amateur when it comes to comics.

I will check Gotham by Gaslight though.
Another ones I had my eye on:
Birth of the Demon (pretty expensive so I passed on it for now)
Batman RIP
Batman and Son

Would love to hear your opinion good people.

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually almost bought it as well since I was intrigued by the book's idea,but then did a little research and realized this is part of a mini series so I bailed out,exactly because of the reason that I'm an amateur when it comes to comics.
Despite how my post was worded. This book is actually not good despite the premise seeming interesting. Don't buy this book at all.

May 24, 2019

It was a stand alone story, but has currently got a sequel running and apparently is going to be expanded to have a line of comics based on it by other creators.
Also the author was trying to make an audience from the alt-right Comicgator crowd, and is now attempting to flip flop and present himself as the LGBTQ's greatest ally, as seen in the last few pages.

The rec was a gag.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017

I will check Gotham by Gaslight though.
Another ones I had my eye on:
Birth of the Demon (pretty expensive so I passed on it for now)
Batman RIP
Batman and Son

Would love to hear your opinion good people.

I'd avoid RIP and Batman and Son unless you're planning to read Grant Morrison's entire run. They're both parts of his big story. I can't even imagine reading RIP without that context lol.

For what it's worth I would absolutely recommend Morrison's entire run, but definitely not as a starting point.

Oct 25, 2017
The Dark Knight Returns
Year One
The Man Who Laughs
Haunted Knight
The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
Black Mirror
Court of Owls
City of Owls
Death of the Family
Zero Year- Secret City
Zero Year- Dark City
Graveyard Shift
Endgame
Ego
Earth one VOL1
Earth one VOL2
Joker
The Killing Joke
Hush
Arkham Asylum
Dark Nights Metal
The Batman Who Laughs
Death in The Family
Under the Red Hood

Grant Morrison's Batman run is lengthy and is the best Batman run and some of the best superhero comics PERIOD. You will definitely need to searchfor a reading order to know what books to grab and what order to read them though

Status
Not open for further replies.