• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I do really want to read those original DD issues when he was dating Black Widow, but I would have to do some research to figure out which they are. I think they were from when Matt was in San Fran the first time.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm most of the way through Dark Victory in the Loeb Batman Omnibus and man, I love this stuff so much. Probably some of if not the best Catwoman and Two Face storytelling ever. Incredible work with the Gotham gangsters. Incredible work with Jim Gordon. Honestly, the only weak part for me is Batman himself, who is rarely portrayed as smart or compassionate. Two things I think are super important for the character. He just tends to realize where he needs to be and the punch whoever's there. It's a great, tense overall story, from those first Halloween issues through the whole run.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
There are listings on amazon UK for

Wonder Woman Dead Earth HC (Dec)
Harley Quinn and The Birds of Prey HC (October)
Birds of Prey by Gail Simone Vol 2 (August)
Artgerm Poster Portfolio Vol 2 (nice, didn't expect another, plus Harley is on the cover)

Nice to have ballpark dates on those books I guess.

Shit to see Joelles Catwoman vol 4 has the SGM cover for his first issue as the trade cover and it includes both of those issues. 2 Joelle 2 SGM. Might just skip that.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Any Fantagraphics fans? The annual Fantabucks (Buy a $50 gift card, get a $50 gift card free) sale is back!

fantagraphics.com

The Fantabucks Sale 2020! - Fantagraphics Blog

Hey folks! Before we get into the details of this year's sale, we want to take a minute to acknowledge that this is a really weird, hard time in which many of us are looking at an uncertain financial future and we all need to prioritize the important things in life. For us here at Fantagraphics...

fantabucks-fb-600x228.png

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Shit to see Joelles Catwoman vol 4 has the SGM cover for his first issue as the trade cover and it includes both of those issues. 2 Joelle 2 SGM. Might just skip that.
Do you still buy the standard TPB volumes anymore? I'd wait for a nice OHC or something, and if it never comes, it never comes. 🤷‍♂️

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

I actually think I preferred Miller's first fun of stories with the intro of the Hand and Elektra over Born Again personally. But it's all good. Though from what I understand the last 20-30 years of DD has been fire with the exception of Shadowland...?

Also I think I'd nominate 'God Loves Man Kills' as possibly my fav Marvel story. But I haven't yet read One More Day...waiting for the oversized Omni to appreciate it fully.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished Morrison's Doom Patrol. That's a truly top tier run. He absolutely nailed the landing as well.

While I read a lot more DC than Marvel I'm sure that Daredevil has the best good to bad ratio of any marvel comic in the last 35 years. I don't even think anything else would be close.

Morrison's last Doom Patrol issue made me cry, as did his last Animal Man issue

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Dare Devil's track record is outstanding.

I'd say the only ones that come close are Moon Knight and Jessica Jones

And they don't have nearly the catalogue DD has.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any Fantagraphics fans? The annual Fantabucks (Buy a $50 gift card, get a $50 gift card free) sale is back!

fantagraphics.com

Hey folks! Before we get into the details of this year's sale, we want to take a minute to acknowledge that this is a really weird, hard time in which many of us are looking at an uncertain financial future and we all need to prioritize the important things in life. For us here at Fantagraphics...

I've actually been meaning to get into EC Comics stuff and this seems like a pretty great excuse to. I don't know if anyone here has bought and of their hardcovers? Like, they're all standalone as far as I know, so I figure I can just jump in with whatever looks interesting...

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Just read Marvel Comics #1000. It was pretty rubbish. I guess I just don't like these 1-page non-stories.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

fantagraphics.com

I have so many FB items on my to buy list. Maybe I should stock up. Just the Piskor AE for 50% off is great!

Looks like they have announced a Dementia 21 box set too.

3WPtaet.png

I've actually been meaning to get into EC Comics stuff and this seems like a pretty great excuse to. I don't know if anyone here has bought and of their hardcovers? Like, they're all standalone as far as I know, so I figure I can just jump in with whatever looks interesting...

I have read a couple of their EC collections (Came The Dawn, Bomb Run & Other Stories) and both were great! I need to get around to some more.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Dare Devil's track record is outstanding.

I'd say the only ones that come close are Moon Knight and Jessica Jones

And they don't have nearly the catalogue DD has.
Bemis' Moon Knight run is the Diggle's Daredevil equivalent for me. A blemish upon a excellent track record of a character

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
After so much hype here I started reading Zdarsko Daredevil on MU and it's was great, with Checchetto killing it on art. And then I get to issue 6 and WTF happened with the art? Huge downgrade.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
After so much hype here I started reading Zdarsko Daredevil on MU and it's was great, with Checchetto killing it on art. And then I get to issue 6 and WTF happened with the art? Huge downgrade.

Chechetto comes back after that arc and the other artist changes to Jorge Fornez. It's just that arc that's trash art.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
People are literally attacking Asian people now because of fears of the virus. WTF is wrong with people.

It gets better when the other artist takes over. Then its just the two of them for the most part.

Jorge Fornez, thanks Messi. He reminds me of Aja a lot and I love it.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
we're this close from DC making their new business plan "hey let's introduce a new hot woman in our comics every three months" aren't we

Oct 25, 2017
I almost did as well. I Kill Giants remains the only comic to make me cry but Doom Patrol came mighty close. I loved his Animal Man series as a kid and when reading it again a decade ago but don't remember the end well and should check it out again.

the reason Animal Man made me cry wasn't the culmination of the story and characters like Doom Patrol, it was Morrison talking about his cat. My gf and I have two and 1 of them is a black cat just like Morrison's.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
we're this close from DC making their new business plan "hey let's introduce a new hot woman in our comics every three months" aren't we

Is that cover for Harley intentionally Joker. It has to be. If looks nothing like her and her mouth is sliced up.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
SGM...good?

Edit: He still haven't dropped Blake iirc, so not so good

nahh. this could just as easily be a "i got caught in a bad situation and i'm turning it into a PR win" situation. good people do good things. they don't constantly find themselves in controversies others never do passively.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder which cover hes even talking about. IF its the Catwoman cover, is he going to take his name off the book too? I doubt it lol.

EDIT: Sounds like hes talking about some person named Doug T?

Creator of Earthworm Jim. A really massive piece of shit. Anti LGBT anti women ect ect. Actively transphobic. Comicgate. SGM absolutely knew who he was before this.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It was a cover for some bigfoot book that is on Indiegogo for someone named Doug TenNapel.

Hell, I doubt most had even heard about this cover until now lol

EDIT: When youve got EVS and Eric Esquivel coming to your defense, you know you fucked up along the way.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
im not sure how many more dog whistles people need before they realize SGM is exactly who we think he is. this is fucking EVS broadcasting/repeating the same gaslighting rhetoric SGM does.

calling it now. SGM gonna try and bring EVS back in for his imprint.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
nahh. this could just as easily be a "i got caught in a bad situation and i'm turning it into a PR win" situation. good people do good things. they don't constantly find themselves in controversies others never do passively.
I hope he denounces Blake too, but I don't think it'll happen. I try to think the best of people, but some people do make it hard

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he denounces Blake too, but I don't think it'll happen. I try to think the best of people, but some people do make it hard
I was right there with you, but hes made it impossible at this point. Hes gone from just wanting to appease everyone, to outright playing to their base. When he finally denounces someone, who the comicsgate community wouldnt even support, theres a problem.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I was right there with you, but hes made it impossible at this point. Hes gone from just wanting to appease everyone, to outright playing to their base. When he finally denounces someone, who the comicsgate community wouldnt even support, theres a problem.
Yeah, it's very much a "the person you dislike made a good point" situation. While I think dropping the creator was a good move on his part, there's still much more he could and should do

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I you didn't find this yesterday, I can look when I'm home.
Im still looking. All I know is that after their relationship became popular they renamed Daredevil to Daredevil and The Black Widow for 6 issues. So it has to be the issues right before that.

EDIT: Looks like it starts out in issue 80 of the original DD series. Now I just need to find out if they are collected in anything. I know the 6 issues are in the Black Widow omni, but im not going that far.

Last edited:

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Asaaarrrghhh my emotions. I just read Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6. Man.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Im still looking. All I know is that after their relationship became popular they renamed Daredevil to Daredevil and The Black Widow for 6 issues. So it has to be the issues right before that.

EDIT: Looks like it starts out in issue 80 of the original DD series. Now I just need to find out if they are collected in anything. I know the 6 issues are in the Black Widow omni, but im not going that far.

I have it all in masterwork, so I can give you the details when I'm home but no clue about other collections.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
New DC collections found on PenguinRandomHouse's website!

Absolute The Dark Knight (new printing)
Batgirl: The New 52 Omnibus
Batman by Tom King & Lee Weeks Deluxe Edition
Batman: Knight Out by Chuck Dixon
Batman: Road to No Man's Land Omnibus
Black Adam: The Dark Age Deluxe Edition
Injustice: Gods Among Us Omnibus Vol. 2
Justice League by Scott Snyder Book Two Deluxe Edition
Lucifer Omnibus Vol. 2
Mister Miracle: The Deluxe Edition
New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 5
Nightwing New 52 Omnibus
Robin Unmasked by Bill Willingham
Sandman: The Books of Magic Omnibus Vol. 1
Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 7
Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5

Absolute The Dark Knight (New Printing) - $99.99

Batgirl: The New 52 Omnibus (Gail Simone) - $100 - 960 Pages - September 22, 2020
Collects Batgirl #0-34, Batgirl Annual #1 and 2, Batgirl: Futures End #1, and more!

Batman by Tom King & Lee Weeks Deluxe Edition - $49.99 - 368 Pages - November 17, 2020
This collection includes "Cold Days," as Bruce Wayne gets jury duty--for a court case involving Mr. Freeze! Will the evidence cause Batman to rethink his methods? In "Knightmares," Batman chases a new foe who outsmarts him at every turn--is it someone more familiar to the Dark Knight than even he suspects? And in the Eisner Award-nominated Batman/Elmer Fudd Special, Batman ends up in the Looney Tunes character's crosshairs, in a story you never expected!

Batman: Knight Out by Chuck Dixon - $39.99 - 368 Pages - September 29, 2020

Batman: Road to No Man's Land Omnibus - $125 - 1248 Pages - October 20, 2020
Collects Azrael: Agent of the Bat #40, Azrael: Agent of the Bat #47-50, Batman #554-562, Batman: Shadow of the Bat #73-82, Detective Comics #719-722, Detective Comics #724-729, Catwoman #56-57, Robin #52-54, The Batman Chronicles #12, The Batman Chronicles #14-15, Nightwing #19-20, Batman: Arkham Asylum - Tales of Madness #1, Batman: Blackgate - Isle of Men #1, Batman: Huntress/Spoiler - Blunt Trauma #1

Black Adam: The Dark Age Deluxe Edition - $29.99 - 168 Pages - November 10, 2020
From the pages of 52 and COUNTDOWN and the minds of writer Peter J. Tomasi (Green Lantern Corps) and artist Doug Mahnke (Batman) comes a gripping tale of the world's most wanted man -- and the horrifying lengths he'll go to for what he wants most!

Injustice: Gods Among Us Omnibus Vol. 2 - $125 - 1104 Pages - November 3, 2020
Collects Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Four #1-12, Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Four Annual #1, Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Five #1-20, Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Five Annual #1, Injustice: Ground Zero #1-12

Justice League by Scott Snyder Book 2 Deluxe Edition - $39.99 - 376 Pages - December 1, 2020
Collects Justice League #14-28.

Lucifer Omnibus Vol. 2 - $125

Mister Miracle: The Deluxe Edition - $49.99 - 336 Pages - October 13, 2020
Collects Mister Miracle #1-12 along with bonus content in an all new deluxe hardcover format!

New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 5 - $99.99 - 744 Pages - November 24, 2020
Collects The New Teen Titans #32-49, The New Teen Titans Annual #3-4, Tales of the Teen Titans #91, Secret Origins #13, Secret Origins Annual #3, and Infinity, Inc. #45.

Nightwing New 52 Omnibus - $99.99 - 832 Pages - December 1, 2020
Nightwing #0-30, Batman #17, Young Romance: A New 52 St. Valentine's Day Special #1, Nightwing Annual #1, Secret Origins #1, Nightwing Vol. 1: Traps and Trapezes, Nightwing Vol. 2: Night of the Owls, Nightwing Vol. 3: Death of the Family, Nightwing Vol. 4: Second City, and Nightwing Vol. 5: Setting Son

Robin: Unmasked Written by Bill Willingham - $99.99 - 744 Pages - November 24, 2020
Collects issues #121-125

Sandman: The Books of Magic Omnibus Vol. 1 - $150 - 1536 Pages - October 13, 2020
The Books of Magic #1-32, The Children's Crusade #1-2, Vertigo Gallery: Dreams and Nightmares #1, Vertigo Preview #1, Vertigo Visions - Doctor Occult #1, Who's Who #15, Arcana Annual #1, Mister E #1-4, and The Books of Faerie: Auberon's Tale #1-3 all in one place!

Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 7 - $125 - 816 Pages - November 10, 2020

Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5 - $150

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Batgirl: The New 52 Omnibus (Gail Simone) - $100 - 960 Pages - September 22, 2020
Collects Batgirl #0-34, Batgirl Annual #1 and 2, Batgirl: Futures End #1, and more!
Oh fuck off DC. Bring back the Burnside Omni!

New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 5 - $99.99 - 744 Pages - November 24, 2020
Collects The New Teen Titans #32-49, The New Teen Titans Annual #3-4, Tales of the Teen Titans #91, Secret Origins #13, Secret Origins Annual #3, and Infinity, Inc. #45.
Is this the Marv Wolfman series?

The only ones that interest me are the Justice League Deluxe Vol. 2 and the Road to No Mans Land. But im not getting the Road to without the actual No Mans Land lol.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Lucifer Omnibus Vol. 2 - $125

Sandman: The Books of Magic Omnibus Vol. 1 - $150 - 1536 Pages - October 13, 2020
The Books of Magic #1-32, The Children's Crusade #1-2, Vertigo Gallery: Dreams and Nightmares #1, Vertigo Preview #1, Vertigo Visions - Doctor Occult #1, Who's Who #15, Arcana Annual #1, Mister E #1-4, and The Books of Faerie: Auberon's Tale #1-3 all in one place!

In for these. Never got around to the Books of Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.