• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I've got the Secret Warriors and Fraction/Brubaker Iron Fist omnis, though!
Secret Warriors is my white whale. Astonishing was the first omni I ever bought years ago so at least I'll have that and Uncanny X-force. I want FF but I already have the floppies and 2 omnis is a lot. At some point I'll need Morrison Batman 1 and eventually 3 because it's bugging me just having 2. But Secret Warriors is still the only other omni I truly need.
Decided to read the brisson half of new mutants...

This isnt bad, like at all. I was ecpecting a sharp drop in quality, and it just isn't. I mean, it's not as good as the Huckman half, but it's still really good. Easily leagues better than Excalibur and Fallen Angels.

Also Brisson easily writes teams way better than Hickman.
The Brisson issues are a lot of fun. Aside from what they did to Beak and his family. I love Boom boom so she goes a long way but it's great. My only complaint is the art is kind of lackluster coming off Reis.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Yeah, I don't mind Brisson new mutants, the uninteresting antagonist is the worst part of it so far. Given the book is moving on to a new threat, it'll likely get better

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So Tynion's Batman

Is the implication that the Designer is responsible for Joker becoming what he is today? The psychopathic mass murderer? Like he very clearly had a penchant for killing already, but Selina says that there was "something else," so I'm just curious if Tynion's kind of soft saying that the Designer is responsible for modern slaughterhouse Joker. Cut-your-own-face off Joker. An interesting thought that crossed my mind this morning.
Decided to read the brisson half of new mutants...

This isnt bad, like at all. I was ecpecting a sharp drop in quality, and it just isn't. I mean, it's not as good as the Huckman half, but it's still really good. Easily leagues better than Excalibur and Fallen Angels.

Also Brisson easily writes teams way better than Hickman.
I've been saying this! Both halves of New Mutants kick ass. It's still going to be good now that Hickman isn't writing it and the team has solidified. The only thing that's a bummer is no more Reis art
The Brisson issues are a lot of fun. Aside from what they did to Beak and his family. I love Boom boom so she goes a long way but it's great. My only complaint is the art is kind of lackluster coming off Reis.
Oh so I'm not alone. Cool. I haven't caught up, for the past two or three issues, but cool.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
So was the Glob stuff just pretty blatant filler? Going by solicits Brisson seems to pretty much switch gears entirely to the OG team once Hickman leaves.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
I know you had some whale that I really wanted. Those two are definitely good, but I don't need them. Do you have the FF Hickman omnis or Astonishing X-Men omni?

If it's Astonishing you need, the reprint should be coming in the start of April
I have 3 orders including one from the 28th and they're all still white. Hoping today is the the day.

Yeah I still got an order from early last week being held up cause I ordered some older manga volumes. Ordered some new manga volumes (Black Clover, Haikyuu and Kaguya) and some older volumes of Pluto and Punpun, still waiting on Pluto to come in :(. IST is awesome, but man can it take awhile if you order something older and they don't have it.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't mind Brisson new mutants, the uninteresting antagonist is the worst part of it so far. Given the book is moving on to a new threat, it'll likely get nether
the terrorist antagonists, the shitty gimmick with the power-denying weapons, and what they did to beak and angel were just too much for me. i'll try the new arc but i'm going in with low expectations.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm just hoping I get it within the probably two hours it will last on IST, lol.

lol yeah it's probably gonna go extremely fast. At least this one has a DM Variant cover, hopefully everyone aims for that first so the regular version lasts a bit longer (I prefer the normal cover lol)

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
lol yeah it's probably gonna go extremely fast. At least this one has a DM Variant cover, hopefully everyone aims for that first so the regular version lasts a bit longer (I prefer the normal cover lol)
Oh, does it? I've only ever seen this one:

51Fl15JEDSL.jpg

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing y'all talking about these Marvel omnis selling out so quick and selling for double/triple secondhand, are omnis the new speculator market? 🤔

It is getting there for sure.

But like Lego, it does make it a more sustainable hobby for me. Sell a couple you don't want anymore and buy a lot more of what you want to read. One of the reasons I am not going digital tbh.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
So was the Glob stuff just pretty blatant filler? Going by solicits Brisson seems to pretty much switch gears entirely to the OG team once Hickman leaves.

It's not. Brisson did an interview where he explains that they're shifting gears back to the main team, but the upcoming stories are defined by what happened in the Glob issues.

And the upcoming preview pages show as much

newmut2019009_preview-page-002.jpg

newmut2019009_preview-page-003.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, does it? I've only ever seen this one:

51Fl15JEDSL.jpg

When is this one coming out? Its in a few weeks right?

Considering skipping this one as well. Just because there are way too many books I want this year and this one isnt in my top 5. But I havent decided yet. I actually havent read this run, so it would be nice to have it in omni format.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"X-Men Grand Design omni will be in landscape format. 2 original pages per page! Including scripts. Looks like there will be 2 volumes of these. Source: Cartoonist Kayfabe"

interesting

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realise it was EU wide. I got the news from Bleeding Cool (Yeah I know) and they only mentioned the UK and blamed it on Brexit, the economy tanking and our stupid VAT rules.

Well that sucks. Every 3.99 book is now 4.49 for us. I guess I'll just trade wait. Thanks.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
When is this one coming out? Its in a few weeks right?

Considering skipping this one as well. Just because there are way too many books I want this year and this one isnt in my top 5. But I havent decided yet. I actually havent read this run, so it would be nice to have it in omni format.
You're considering skipping this?! I wouldn't especially if you've never read it. It's probably the best traditional X-Men story since Claremont even if I prefer Morrison.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

You're considering skipping this?! I wouldn't especially if you've never read it. It's probably the best traditional X-Men story since Claremont even if I prefer Morrison.
Just considering buying the Omni, I already own it all digitally. It would be a great addition to the shelf, but I just already have a ton of other books I want to pick up more than this one. Well see. If I have some extra cash at the time ill probably get it.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

Just considering buying the Omni, I already own it all digitally. It would be a great addition to the shelf, but I just already have a ton of other books I want to pick up more than this one. Well see. If I have some extra cash at the time ill probably get it.

Ah, gotcha! That makes sense then, I'm only buying omnis I don't already have in digital as well. Also, can't wait for that History of the Marvel U.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, that Treasury Edition looks great. I havent read it yet, so ill probably pick that up.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I haven't posted in here for a while but needed somewhere to vent about Comixology as well. Books going up from £2.49 to £3.99 is a hell of a price hike. I've been buying more single issues than ever before - especially after getting into X-Men with the relaunch - but it's probably put an end to that.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I have 3 orders including one from the 28th and they're all still white. Hoping today is the the day.
You probably picked a bunch of stuff that was on backorder.
After seeing y'all talking about these Marvel omnis selling out so quick and selling for double/triple secondhand, are omnis the new speculator market? 🤔
I'm sure that's part of it. But it's also a lot of people that just missed the last printing and want to own it. Either way, people get horny for omnibuses.
Marauders is such a wonderful book
You know, I've been kinda wishy-washy on it. X-Men is my favorite of the bunch, but this week's Marauders was excellent.
Secret Warriors is my white whale.
I'll let you know if I decide to sell my copy.
Oh, interesting. I'm not into that. Hope I'll be able to get the regular cover.
That DM cover is great. VanWinkle is grumpy old man confirmed.
Are the UK prices now basically 1:1 with the US?
That's only 1:1 for people who have never heard of exchange rates! 😲

This is what, over $5 for a standard $3.99 issue???

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like they've been cutting the page amount, rather than upping the price. I could be wrong, but some books these days feel too short, or shorter than they used to.
They've been $3.99 / 20 some-odd pages for a while. If they slash that further, I again, am out. Shonen Jumps give you so much more value for your money. Who even needs color?

Status
Not open for further replies.