• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't buy the Uncanny X-Men omnibus as I believed in this community and we don't support buying physical comic books... THEY TRIED TO KILL ME AND Y'ALL KEEP BUYING THEM.

SHAME

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I do not. I wasn't really into FF when I was younger. Do you remember if it was a Marvel or DC omni?
No, I can't remember. It could have been DC, though Animal Man is about the only thing from DC that I still want and is OOP. Maybe it was a book that WAS out of print and now is in print again. Who knows.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
No, I can't remember. It could have been DC, though Animal Man is about the only thing from DC that I still want and is OOP. Maybe it was a book that WAS out of print and now is in print again. Who knows.
You could always backtrack through all my posts on here and GAF if you really want to know that bad.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Even though I grew up watching the X-Men cartoons, I never really got into the comics. Hickman's run has got me super hyped for more X-Men, though, so I wanna read the big ones. So far I've only read Remender's Uncanny X-Force, Demon Bear and Hickman's run.

The two mains ones that seem like a no brainer are the Dark Phoenix arc and House of M.
Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is my favorite comic of all time. 100% no doubt.
Yea, my WW is due sometime next week.
It literally just got shipped Tuesday morning

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Cyclops executing his keikaku in Astonishing is the peak of X-Men comics. It is known.

Seriously it's probably my favorite sequence in comics. The hypest shit.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Cyclops executing his keikaku in Astonishing is the peak of X-Men comics. It is known.

3e1.jpg

Also great

n-fec5Uj3wmtgl6Iu9NZ4NurX1s0gK-gGcPEl5IcTu8.jpg

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
Morrison's Animal Man is the first omnibus I ever bought. i should get around to reading it.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
haha, that's okay.

Did you choose the free shipping option, or upgraded shipping?
I don't remember

I'm not actually upset, just very antsy and excited

CNbFNogPGBIvXtxS3PRM6QWGcyd9uQSMcleuHXATuWM.jpg

I will never not laugh at these. Peak comic memes

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Hickman is cool and all but I definitely miss the purely heroic X-Men vs. the ones who team up with Sinister and decide Apocalypse beating people to death is a good solution to the problem of depowered mutants.

Oct 25, 2017
Took a few weeks off buying comics for my kid after he got pretty behind over the holidays. Having a look on cmx rn and all the regular monthlies that were £2.50 are displaying as £4 now lol? Any uk people come across this? Trying to figure out if it's just a mistake on the site or an intentional move I've missed here after being out of the loop for a bit lol

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I heard some good reviews about the animated adaptation of Superman Red Son.

It's a nice change that Supes and Diana aren't a couple in this adaptation.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing y'all talking about these Marvel omnis selling out so quick and selling for double/triple secondhand, are omnis the new speculator market? 🤔

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Comixology UK prices are now 1:1 with the dollar making stuff super expensive now :(

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
So... I see Harley Quinn trying to make Booster Gold a thing.

That has no chance of getting any love after Heroes in Crisis.

Also, I don't think the Agents of Wakanda are getting the power stats right when Ka-Zar can survive going through a cliff and Fat Cobra can get thrown at walls with the force of a Neutron Bomb and live.

Otherwise, Strange Adventures lives up to the hype and Marvels was alright.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that's dirty
Is it cheaper to buy on the companies' individual sites or is it still dollar to dollar?

Didn't all the company apps just become branded Comixology front ends a while ago?

I checked Amazon UK and so far their prices haven't gone up yet but I presume it's only a matter of time. I'm certainly going to have to cut back on the amount of titles I buy now. Quite significantly. Even the sale prices are well above "Oh I'll try that" impulse territory they used to be. £7.99 for Mr Miracle? In a sale? I swear I paid 3.99 for that months ago.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

Also, I don't think the Agents of Wakanda are getting the power stats right when Ka-Zar can survive going through a cliff and Fat Cobra can get thrown at walls with the force of a Neutron Bomb and live.

Imagine putting Harley with Booster right after making it very clear that Harley and Ivy isn't a thing. Fuck them.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Fat Cobra is one of the Immortal Weapons. He's fine.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Blarg. Excalibur has definitely become the bottom of the barrel x-book for me. A fight with a handful of warwolves that's nearly completely irrelevant to the ongoing story has taken up more so much more space than the confrontation with Morgan le Fay. It's practically two full issues now. Meanwhile, it's by far the worst character writing across the whole line. I'd even go as far as saying Fallen Angels at least had distinctive characters compared to Excalibur. Everyone outside of Apocalypse is bland to a fault. I had genuine issues telling which bubble went to which character this latest issue, and even then it didn't matter because none of the dialogue was interesting or valuable.

I told myself to drop Excalibur after #6. Here I am at #8 saying I should have listened to myself.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Blarg. Excalibur has definitely become the bottom of the barrel x-book for me. A fight with a handful of warwolves that's nearly completely irrelevant to the ongoing story has taken up more so much more space than the confrontation with Morgan le Fay. It's practically two full issues now. Meanwhile, it's by far the worst character writing across the whole line. I'd even go as far as saying Fallen Angels at least had distinctive characters compared to Excalibur. Everyone outside of Apocalypse is bland to a fault. I had genuine issues telling which bubble went to which character this latest issue, and even then it didn't matter because none of the dialogue was interesting or valuable.

I told myself to drop Excalibur after #6. Here I am at #8 saying I should have listened to myself.
I was enjoying it at I dropped it at #6 to cut down on my X-spending
But now I'm debating picking up Marauders because Kate being dead seems to be sticking for a while

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
That's gotta fuckin suck

I had a load of Manga in my wishlist that seems to have gone up £2.50 a volume. I think this is really going to do them some damage.

Komi Can't Communicate Vol 1 on Comixology is currently £6.49 (I paid £4.49)
A paper edition from Amazon is £4.92.

It's utterly bizarre. Maybe caused by our weird VAT rules?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I had a load of Manga in my wishlist that seems to have gone up £2.50 a volume. I think this is really going to do them some damage.

Komi Can't Communicate Vol 1 on Comixology is currently £6.49 (I paid £4.49)
A paper edition from Amazon is £4.92.

It's utterly bizarre. Maybe caused by our weird VAT rules?

Is it a brexit thing maybe? That or the vat. I doubt somehow that's its greed because this move will likely fuck them.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Is it a brexit thing maybe? That or the vat. I doubt somehow that's its greed because this move will likely fuck them.

Partly our economy disapearing down a hole because people don't like foreigns and partly because we stupidly put VAT on digital books (But not paper ones). Either way it's pretty rubbish but at least I'll save a load of money

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Excalibur is great! Its exactly what its supposed to be.

These designs look great

Oct 25, 2017
Worth pointing out the cmx price hike is eu wide so hard to point to the actual reasoning (like Brexit or whatever) , but it's horseshit however you cut it lol

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Worth pointing out the cmx price hike is eu wide so hard to point to the actual reasoning (like Brexit or whatever) , but it's horseshit however you cut it lol

Didn't realise it was EU wide. I got the news from Bleeding Cool (Yeah I know) and they only mentioned the UK and blamed it on Brexit, the economy tanking and our stupid VAT rules.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Decided to read the brisson half of new mutants...

This isnt bad, like at all. I was ecpecting a sharp drop in quality, and it just isn't. I mean, it's not as good as the Huckman half, but it's still really good. Easily leagues better than Excalibur and Fallen Angels.

Also Brisson easily writes teams way better than Hickman.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Yeah, the prices increased here in Italy as well. "Older" issues went from 1.8€ to 2.3€, while new issues went from 3.6€ to 4.5€.
It's quite an absurd increase, especially since it's so sudden.

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to read the brisson half of new mutants...

This isnt bad, like at all. I was ecpecting a sharp drop in quality, and it just isn't. I mean, it's not as good as the Huckman half, but it's still really good. Easily leagues better than Excalibur and Fallen Angels.

Also Brisson easily writes teams way better than Hickman.

I've been saying this! Both halves of New Mutants kick ass. It's still going to be good now that Hickman isn't writing it and the team has solidified. The only thing that's a bummer is no more Reis art

Status
Not open for further replies.