• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Strange adventures has a good start. I don't really like how King killed off the daughter for this run, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment that much. The art, both of them, were fantastic and I love the way the tones switch with the art. The dialogue was a bit stilted at times (the exposition sequence was bad at this) but overall it's good. The part I am most worried about is that it's a murder mystery, but hey maybe it won't be a disaster of a reveal this time.

Daredevil #19 is so good, goddamn. Bullseye's psychopathy, the citizen's response, Matt finally getting that through his thick skull, everything. Typhoid is back, finally! . Now all that is left for this arc to tie up is Kingpin, I hope he gives a good bloody beating next issue to put the cherry on top

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
strange adventures #1

did they explicitly say the daughter was dead? or just that they "lost" her? might come up again that she's out there alive somewhere.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What? I'm reading some of the spoilers. I haven't read Marauders, but
What's this talk of Kitty not being a mutant? Kitty Pryde? Did they pull a Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver? When did she die?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
What? I'm reading some of the spoilers. I haven't read Marauders, but
What's this talk of Kitty not being a mutant? Kitty Pryde? Did they pull a Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver? When did she die?
Unknown for sure at this point. She died a couple issues back in Maurauders. Kitty's (now known as Kate) issue is that she was, for some unknown reason at this point, unable to pass through the Krakoan gates. Which is why she was sailing the seas on a pirate ship. People are just speculating at this point that she's not a mutant.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I felt Batman got much better, in both art and writing now that the assassin stuff is over. The meeting with the classic villains in their older personalities was great. With the time frame and motivations set up, the Designer is at last more than a mish mash of random design elements and vague menace

Dr Strange is still solid, I like how the mix between his doctor stuff and magic gets more and more blurred with each issue. Also, at this point there are so many red flags around Dr Druid I would be shocked if he turned out not to be behind the bomb .

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Immediately or at all? I didn't buy a PS4 until like a year into the lifecycle. I have to admit I've been more impressed with the Series X so far. And that vertical design, as the kids say, fucks.

I've almost every big exclusive they released on ps4 with 1-2 hours played and its been collecting dust for years now. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm just not into games anymore other than Overwatch. I can just play that on xbox. Not to say I'd never buy one but right now it seems like a waste of money.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
n5k0H4R.jpg

How's that run? Can't recall ever seeing anyone talk about it but that cover makes me want to just blindly get it.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read my comics today but I read a comment and was reminded that while they're using the specter of Wanda to brainwash Krakoan youths, one of their top generals now has her as a co-worker at Strange Academy. The Quiet Council is a joke and I can't wait until it gets wrecked.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I really hope my tag remains for at least a week or two. This is amusing me more than it should.
Hello new member, Aizo

Welcome to the comic community here on ERA. What kind of books do you enjoy? Have you heard about Stjepan Sejics lesbian friendship, love and romance bdsm book Sunstone? You should read it
I'll look into it! Thanks for the warm welcome!
WELCOME BACK AIZO WE MISSED YOU!!!
Always so nice :)

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Picking up my comics, found out the teenager that works there sometimes is the owner's son. What a cool ass job for a teenager. At his age I was slaving away in a hot kitchen or doing odd jobs like working auto auctions.

Anywho, Spider-Man Noir is pretty good. Another great pairing of creators. This art compliments the setting and writing so well.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Pretty amazing value flash sale on Image books today on CMX. Picked up the most recent volumes of some books for a couple of quid.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this was discussed, but BC's new 5G rumor is that it has been canned as a full relaunch, but that some of the planned books will still exist in some form - so probably like a Luke Fox Batman mini/maxi but not replacing the actual main book. The Timeline fix is still happening, but removing any hard dates or years. Would line up with GL being given the full 12 issues again.

So I'm wondering if maybe there's just a general relaunch post-Metal instead. Seems like DC is really in need of one soon.

May 24, 2019
Can we just chill till a launch announement?

Edit: Anyone read Superman Villains? The preview has Clark talking to Ma and Pa, so I'm wondering if that's confirmation that Doomsday Clock bringing them back did stick.

Last edited:

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Batman #90: some good shit. Happy to be moving forward pass the assassin stuff. Jimenez is just... soooooo good.

Strange Adventures #1: I like the set up for this. I love how cheesy the Doc Shaner parts are, in contrast with Gerads' stuff. I also like that Terrific is the one to investigate him. It sets up some cool stuff. Willing to keep picking this up.

Star Wars #3: oh Disney era SW... I'm enjoying this well enough but I'm so sick of the comics being nothing more but the filler between the OT films. Hoping this new High Republic era works out well.

Mercy #1: I have no idea what the fuck is going on but the art is so good and the setting is interesting so I'll stay on.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Immediately or at all? I didn't buy a PS4 until like a year into the lifecycle. I have to admit I've been more impressed with the Series X so far. And that vertical design, as the kids say, fucks.

if the Series X dual boots as a Windows machine I'm all the way in

possibly a long shot but Microsoft seems to moving closer and closer to that kind of set up

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
strange adventures #1

did they explicitly say the daughter was dead? or just that they "lost" her? might come up again that she's out there alive somewhere.
Calling it: she left her parents and went to work with the "bad guys"

Yeah but it's such a good ending though
Okay yeah you're right but what if.....after the ending.... what if he kept going........

n5k0H4R.jpg

How's that run? Can't recall ever seeing anyone talk about it but that cover makes me want to just blindly get it.
It's Samnee flexing for 12 issues and also Waid writes some cool words too i guess. It's great

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
5zk6NlI.jpg

Just got to the 90s issue, this has been really good so far.

I really dig the concept that this is a Spider-Man that actually ages but he still has those tenpole stories happen to him during the decades the stories released. It's super clever.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I needed to clip this and I have no place to share it, please enjoy

I miss Dan, and especially Vinny on the Bombcast.

n5k0H4R.jpg

So Good! Its also the same team right after their epic run on Daredevil.

Speaking of, The Near Mint video on it said that it was originally going to be a on-going, but im sure that changed due to low sales.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
5zk6NlI.jpg

I really dig the concept that this is a Spider-Man that actually ages but he still has those tenpole stories happen to him during the decades the stories released. It's super clever.
I got the TPB on Boxing Day, I liked it quite a bit. Seems like it would be a start to a new line, where they could show other characters age in real-time as well.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I just realised that Strange Adventures spells Aleea wrong. I wonder if it's deliberate misdirection or a huge fuck-up with editorial

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I've almost every big exclusive they released on ps4 with 1-2 hours played and its been collecting dust for years now. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm just not into games anymore other than Overwatch. I can just play that on xbox. Not to say I'd never buy one but right now it seems like a waste of money.
But what about when they release Overwatch 3 and you need that next-gen horsepower?

Also I still don't understand how you can still be dumping time into that game.
if the Series X dual boots as a Windows machine I'm all the way in

possibly a long shot but Microsoft seems to moving closer and closer to that kind of set up
Not likely. They tried to focus on the Xbox One being an all-purpose machine and that ended up costing them dearly. With a game console, software lineup is the only thing that matters.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5zk6NlI.jpg

it really is an amazing book. it's also surprisingly adult

Status
Not open for further replies.