• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
every single time I wonder "hey shouldn't I have dropped Justice League Odyssey by now?", it delivers a perfect little burst of cosmic danger and mystery, big ideas and weird corners of DC continuity

I daresay it's the hottest book you're not currently reading since Abnett took over, it's got that special VIBE y'know? that thing that made Cosmic Marvel cool, well it's got it
I dropped it and then some positive talk in these threads got me back into it and you're right that it's good now. Abnett was born to write big-scale space opera comics.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You know, I get why Kitty can't be revived for narrative reasons. But logistically I'm just like... "But why?"

Cause the process of the Five should work just as well as it should for a Human as a mutant because at the end of the day it's just one bullshit magical gene that separates them. So why the fuck couldn't they make a person?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
That reminds me, do you guys know any comic book artists doing commissions right now?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I get why Kitty can't be revived for narrative reasons. But logistically I'm just like... "But why?"

Cause the process of the Five should work just as well as it should for a Human as a mutant because at the end of the day it's just one bullshit magical gene that separates them. So why the fuck couldn't they make a person?

Wait, so it isn't that they choose not to revive non-mutants but that they can't? That's a total cop-out if so

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so it isn't that they choose not to revive non-mutants but that they can't? That's a total cop-out if so
I haven't read the issue yet, but I thought
the only people they could revive were people that Prof. X had uploaded to cerebro. So I don't see why he wouldn't have Kitty, since it wasn't until Krakoa did they know she wasn't a mutant. did they explicitly say no humans could be revived?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
"The Flash #750 (2020) :
Beginning: "The Flash Age"! The story we've been building toward since issue #50 comes to a head! "​
A 700 issue build? Damn.​

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No need to get overanalytical with the Marauders situation.

The only thing made clear is that they can't revive Kate because it isn't working like normal. There's no insinuation it's because she's human or that their cerebro system has become a plot hole. They are simply trying the standard mutant resurrection system and it isn't working cuz /shrug. We'll be certain to find out more soon.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
We all know the reason is that the real Kate Pryde has escaped from The Hole and is trying to stop the proliferation of pod people.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
The Dreaming #19's ending actually brought a tear to my eye. It was a nice wrap up despite me doubting the entire concept of Wan, and a good extension/reinforcement of Morpheus' arc

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Miles Morales #16:

Glad to see Saladin Ahmed is continuing to address the plotpoints that Bendis refused to clear up.
Turns out the more time you spend away from your original universe, the more it effects your memories.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Adam Strange's kid is a goner.
see that's the easy read, but, here's the thing

so obviously, this is a Tom King book, and as such, the 9-panel grid is a huge fucking deal; when it pops up in this issue, it's to signal that Adam is trapped, having to defend himself from a murder, and from the war crimes that may have inspired said murder, in reality, by design, it's here throughout most of the book, it's just that the panels are grouped together in blocks of 2, 3, 6, or a full-page splash combining all 9

however, there are some pages where the pattern breaks, and the grid turns from a 3*3 to a 2*3 and guess what they have in common? that's right: FAMILY

jpHU7mi.png

FAMILY

all but one of the pages in the 6-panel grid directly involve Adam's daughter; that tells me that, if there's a way out of this fucked up situation of having to negotiate the gaps between the lies you and the world around you tell about the fucked up shit you do overseas and the reality of said fucked up shit, it's going to be about her, it's going to be about making the world better for your kids, that kinda stuff

wider thematic lens now, Strange Adventures is of a trilogy with Batman/Catwoman, that's two books about romance and the past; my theory on that is that Tom King's thesis is gonna be along the line of "love is the only thing that's really all it's hyped up to be"

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
just a heads up, you can use imageflash to get 50% off any image book released through 2019, and it stacks on their current sale

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Flash #750 seems crazy. I dont get how any of it makes sense or works.

It's just a bunch of standalone stories? The first part is whatever boring thing Williamson is doing next, then there's a Johns/Kolins Wally era story, a Wolfman/Rossmo Mirror Master story, aWilliamson/Marquez Jay Garrick story, and then the end I guess ties up the dumb Lobdell thing? It really wasn't confusing though at all, and I haven't bought or read the book since the Grodd arc from a year or so ago.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
okay, real question: is the Lobdell story gonna be re-printed in the FCBD book DC is releasing? is that thing actually all reprints?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
wb aizo <3 missed ya buddy
Never leave us again.
Thank you. I wanted to see what life was like if I couldn't go on era. I didn't browse it at all. Life was not much different in terms of my time usage, but I missed talking to everyone here.
It's not what you missed. It's what we missed; you.
Awh. I really do appreciate you all. I wasn't anything to do with this thread that had me take a week off. I was just browsing to kill time, and I wanted to see if it was a me problem or specifically the site. It's a me problem, as I expected. haha

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone still wanting to pick up Daredevil Bendis Omnibus Vol. 1 or Vol. 2, IST provided an update --

"

Dear InStockTrades Customers:

Daredevil by Bendis & Maleev Omnibus HC Volumes 01 & 02 show an estimated back in stock date of April 8th through our distributor's website so we believe that we will receive more stock around that time. Thank you for your time!

"

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What'd I miss?

Also lol that I still have the tag. Please let me keep it.

Hello new member, Azio

Welcome to the comic community here on ERA. What kind of books do you enjoy? Have you heard about Stjepan Sejics lesbian friendship, love and romance bdsm book Sunstone? You should read it

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone still wanting to pick up Daredevil Bendis Omnibus Vol. 1 or Vol. 2, IST provided an update --
"
Dear InStockTrades Customers:

Daredevil by Bendis & Maleev Omnibus HC Volumes 01 & 02 show an estimated back in stock date of April 8th through our distributor's website so we believe that we will receive more stock around that time. Thank you for your time!
"
I'm not personally ordering via IST (shipping to New Zealand is rough) but at least that gives a time frame of where I can expect them! Thanks for sharing 😊
But also, April 😢

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
The new Batmobile fucks. I love it, best since the West one.

Great issue. I'm liking Pyro a lot more than I expected to and of course Emma continues to be the best. I was kind of surprised to still feel sad about Kate. Her failed resurrection just drove it home. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Status
Not open for further replies.