• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
I'm glad I bought the uncanny xforce omnibus cause it looks like it's sold out,decided to also get amazing spiderman vol 1 omnibus by J Micheal ,im new to comics and thanks to near mint and gem mint Ive started a omnibus collectio,I saw his other vid that vol 2 of spiderman omnibus comes out this month aswell so Ill be getting that also.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez. Both the $250 Children of the Atom box set and the direct market cover Power Pack Omnibus are sold out on IST now, too.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Jeez. Both the $250 Children of the Atom box set and the direct market cover Power Pack Omnibus are sold out on IST now, too.

do you like power pack?

I have the x-men material but considered changing it all to the box set but the price in Canada is a lol. The "discount" price on amazon.ca right now is 500

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
do you like power pack?

I have the x-men material but considered changing it all to the box set but the price in Canada is a lol. The "discount" price on amazon.ca right now is 500
i do! but not enough to buy an omnibus. box sets always seemed a bit silly to me when omnibi are mostly readily available. tho i can see how they'd appeal to more casual collectors (or extremely dedicated collectors).

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i do! but not enough to buy an omnibus. box sets always seemed a bit silly to me when omnibi are mostly readily available. tho i can see how they'd appeal to more casual collectors (or extremely dedicated collectors).

Power pack never clicked with me. But I haven't read it all as an adult but I have enough to read and enough omnis to buy. I hated FF as a kid but learned to like it over time and now have all the omnis so who knows. But I think I'll sit this one out.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Power pack never clicked with me. But I haven't read it all as an adult but I have enough to read and enough omnis to buy. I hated FF as a kid but learned to like it over time and now have all the omnis so who knows. But I think I'll sit this one out.
i really like louise simonson. she has a charm that's really rare in comics. it's not anything great or required reading, but it's comfortable stuff with characters that are very easy to care about.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
My Simone WW Omni still hasn't come yet. A week! I'm impatient. I want it!
I know that, but that's just the reason why it's getting brought up now, not the reason it was praised/reprinted in the first place.
Aside from just the basic mechanics of the book, from the consistently strong art being both moody yet clear and having a very distinct palette throughout, in addition to having strong characterizations across the board for an entire ensemble. It is not a light book, and it challenges the nature of a superhero. The entire theme of the book is about killing. How far is too far? Is murder ever justified? At what point does it become murder? Is killing ever morally okay? You then also have another underlying presence dealing with what is essentially nature versus nurture if one can be redeemed from their true nature. For me, I find these to be very interesting and deep for a book like this and for it to very much feel like a superhero book without it being hailed as another "deconstruction."

Then all this leads into Remender's Uncanny Avengers which I feel is both better and worse.
Besides saying it was really, really good, I'll say that it was a pretty unique story and team roster compared to most X-Men titles up to that point. The art was very good through most of it, too. Billy Tan, Greg Tocchini and Phil Noto all worked on this series.
You forget Opena? For shame.

Man who was it that used to do breakdowns of first pages? They don't post here anymore at least, but they used to on GAF at least. The broke down the entire first page of UXF #1 and it was great.
I have a confession to make

I'm passing on the Uncanny X-Men omnibus today because I already own the complete collections

I'm passing on a sexy ass omni because I've got some floppy ass trades

I can't even look at myself in the mirror, what have I done??
It's okay. I'm exactly the same.
Been catching up with it, but Holy Hell, Why is Agents of Wakanda the Avengers book I want that's not named Avengers?
Fucking right? It's so good.
Why does anyone ever team up with Joker?
Read the Year of the Villain Joker one-shot. It's really good and written by John Carpenter.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
Shout out to {they know who they are} for hooking me up with all but volume 16 of TWD hardcovers!

New month, new budget/allowance!

Next, I would like to assemble the entirety of he Mirage TMNT.

Also, if possible, the Archie Comics run.

What's the best versions/editions I should acquire?

Currently I'm putting together Y: The Last Man. That's a little on the easy side. IDK about omnibuses. I'd rather do he trade paperbacks. Something makes me feel uneasy about the durability of massive texts...though it looks like that might be the best way to purchase SAGA.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I bought the uncanny xforce omnibus cause it looks like it's sold out,decided to also get amazing spiderman vol 1 omnibus by J Micheal ,im new to comics and thanks to near mint and gem mint Ive started a omnibus collectio,I saw his other vid that vol 2 of spiderman omnibus comes out this month aswell so Ill be getting that also.
Nice. I love omnis.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Shout out to {they know who they are} for hooking me up with all but volume 16 of TWD hardcovers!

New month, new budget/allowance!

Next, I would like to assemble the entirety of he Mirage TMNT.

Also, if possible, the Archie Comics run.

What's the best versions/editions I should acquire?

Currently I'm putting together Y: The Last Man. That's a little on the easy side. IDK about omnibuses. I'd rather do he trade paperbacks. Something makes me feel uneasy about the durability of massive texts...though it looks like that might be the best way to purchase SAGA.

Saga has 3 beautiful hardcovers they aren't huge or unwieldy. Best way to read Saga.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
All things considered, SIXIS is probably the biggest drop-off in quality from well-received book to big time event by a single writer, isn't it?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
did you miss the part where she has a giant hyena how is that not cool as fuck

Very little of any of the metal designs did anything for me. Looks like this won't change with Metal 2 if their idea of cool is making Bud and Lou taller than Harley who's in sweats with a shaved head.

May 24, 2019
What are those other things between the hyena and the, uh.... Cthulhu-Batman? Are they like.... Spider-Bats?

Big rideable bats r cool
KTuXZPM.jpg

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I'd say it's only maaaaybe as good with the Apocalypse Twins stuff. Eff everything else.
I'll be honest: I probably enjoy all the wag through Avenge the Earth more than Uncanny X-Force, and that's peak UA. AXIS fucks it up, and then you have five issues after which are mediocre.

Again, what I mean when I say both better and worse.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
DC books were late. They're up now.

Someone let me know how Strange Academy is. Was gonna buy #1 but all the preview pages are just Director's Cut script pages. Fucking hate these Director's Cut issues.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Strange Adventures was good. I like using two different artists to differentiate between past and present. Only the first issue, but it seems promising.

Marauders was also really good.

May 24, 2019
Strange Adventures: It's interesting that it uses an interview from one of the old Adam Strange comic creators at the end.
It's somebody's job at DC to trawl through Comic Journals to find Tom twelve of those.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Strange Adventures chat:

that first strict 3*3 grid hits like a god damn truck, dang

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
David Marquez's art on the Jay Garrick story in Flash 750 is ridiculously good.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
did do an audible scream at one of the reveals in today's Daredevil, see if you can find which one

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
I would say I'm glad I don't care for omnibuses cause that life looks full of pain but then I remember that X-Factor Complete Collection will never be finished and I cry.

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to say that I actually imported some FAKKU books and I'm not (too) ashamed of it.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
every single time I wonder "hey shouldn't I have dropped Justice League Odyssey by now?", it delivers a perfect little burst of cosmic danger and mystery, big ideas and weird corners of DC continuity

I daresay it's the hottest book you're not currently reading since Abnett took over, it's got that special VIBE y'know? that thing that made Cosmic Marvel cool, well it's got it

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Mech Cadet Yu v1 and Bendis Young Justice v1 from the library yesterday. Hopefully I can jump in easily into Young Justice.

And also Millar's Prodigy.

ThatBigheartedIndigowingedparrot-small.gif

Everyone should be on the omni train!

Status
Not open for further replies.