• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a confession to make

I'm passing on the Uncanny X-Men omnibus today because I already own the complete collections

I'm passing on a sexy ass omni because I've got some floppy ass trades

I can't even look at myself in the mirror, what have I done??

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

I'm passing on the Uncanny X-Men omnibus today because I already own the complete collections

To be fair, I passed on the Bendis Daredevil omnis because I own the complete collections. I also own the Brubaker complete collections, so they all look nice on the shelf together.

I do own the seven Uncanny X-Force premiere hardcovers, but felt like upgrading to a single book in this case is worthwhile.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Been catching up with it, but Holy Hell, Why is Agents of Wakanda the Avengers book I want that's not named Avengers?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I am not going to buy the Uncanny X-Force omnibus.
Cuz I already own it!

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Don't stress over whether or not to buy the Uncanny X-Force Omnibus... because it's already OUT OF STOCK.

At IST, at least.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't buy the Uncanny X-Force omnibus because I don't like Remender

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I just started the semi flash back story in Bendis's DD. The one with the Yellow suit DD covers. It just feels like it lost a lot of the momentum that had been built in the lead up.

I wonder why Bendis wanted to get rid of the Kingpin asap. Maybe he just felt that he was overused and wanted to try something different? Im sure he will be back, but you can totally notice that there is a void after Matt pretty much took out all of his rogues gallery.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I thought X-Force would at least be there until I got out of work. Should have bought it on my phone earlier. Totally going to throw off my 2% off streak but eh, it's $2, life goes on.

KeithM

Jan 15, 2020
Damn, I thought I was done buying physical books, but you all got me hyped and I caved to my fomo and bought the X-Force Omni. Ugh.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm sure some resellers are all over uxf. The original omni completely sold out after about three months. Marvel did a few batches in that time.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Holy Hell the art took a huge hit in the current Captain America book. I like the reveal for who the Dryad person is. But damn that art is soo bad.

The book is basically a sequel to Brubaker's Winder Soldier arc, and Secret Empire. I bet it ends with #25, since theres a line at the end that says the beginning of the ramp up to issue #25.

EDIT:
Sure was looking forward to buying that Uncanny X-Force omnibus after work.

Itll probably be back in stock in a few days. They probably just sold through their initial shipment. Same thing happened with Bendis's DD Omnis, and they were both in stock for a few weeks after.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Holy Hell the art took a huge hit in the current Captain America book. I like the reveal for who the Dryad person is. But damn that art is soo bad.

The book is basically a sequel to Brubaker's Winder Soldier arc, and Secret Empire. I bet it ends with #25, since theres a line at the end that says the beginning of the ramp up to issue #25.

EDIT:

Itll probably be back in stock in a few days. They probably just sold through their initial shipment. Same thing happened with Bendis's DD Omnis, and they are both still in stock all these weeks later.
Probably. Would have been nice to get the 50% off, though. Especially because it's exactly $50 which is the minimum for free shipping.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Probably. Would have been nice to get the 50% off, though. Especially because it's exactly $50 which is the minimum for free shipping.
Oh yea, that does suck. They had to have known this was going to be a big seller.

And btw, I edited my post again lol. Both of the Bendis DD omnis are sold out again.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Harleen is still up there? Wow good for Sejic. I remember he was hesitant to celebrate after issue 1
Harleen was a brilliant comic. He deserves it. I am ready for the Sejicverse. It will be like the Murphyverse except not shitty.
Oh yea, that does suck. They had to have known this was going to be a big seller.

And btw, I edited my post again lol. Both of the Bendis DD omnis are sold out again.
They only have so much control over how many copies they can order out of the entire first batch. They'll get another shipment for sure.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
IST also has thousands of books and sells hundreds of an omni day one with minimal staff.

I don't order from them but I used to see them posting online about this. They can physically only deal with so many books.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

We all stumble now and again in life my child...

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
IST also has thousands of books and sells hundreds of an omni day one with minimal staff.

I don't order from them but I used to see them posting online about this. They can physically only deal with so many books.

Yea I read some stories about Emily, the one person in charge of customer service, getting harassed because of impatient toads wanting their books faster.

Disgusting stuff. I mean they are getting super discounts and impeccable packaging with free shipping and they still need to literally be assholes .

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I read some stories about Emily, the one person in charge of customer service, getting harassed because of impatient toads wanting their books faster.

Disgusting stuff. I mean they are getting super discounts and impeccable packaging with free shipping and they still need to literally be assholes .
wow, thats fucked up.

Itll be a sad day if IST ever has to shut down or raise their prices. I have no idea how they are able to sell their books at the prices they do. Especially when Amazon wont even go that low. I would really like to know how much profit they make on the 50% off books, because it cant be much.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if they'll get a second shipment of the Uncanny X-Force omni. I was working and didn't have a chance to order.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Joker would actually be clinically insane. Like, I wonder if a real-world psychiatrist reading the comics to analyze the character would conclude if he would be legally fit or not to stand trial.

It really depends on the version I guess.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
DCExecutives : What're them Kids all up on Nowadays? What gets em Going?

Snyder sliding in from reading a volume of MHA: Gentlemen, may I interest you in the world of Yanderes?

Status
Not open for further replies.