• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
I feel like for the next game they'll want to detail the party traveling from city to city on a realistic scale instead of quickly running over the hugely condensed overworld map.
Just making up stuff to fit in those spaces could be half of the game.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I went from wait to day 1 based on the demo. It's very impressive.
Did you notice how Cloud's buster sword had the slots near the handle and one had a piece of green materia seated in it?
I feel like for the next game they'll want to detail the party traveling from city to city on a realistic scale instead of quickly running over the hugely condensed overworld map.
Just making up stuff to fit in those spaces could be half of the game.
How long is this game supposed to be? Will we be able to hit level 99? Will we be carrying save data to the next game? Will there be a next game before 2035?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
We've brought up comic properties before that are consistently good and get consistently good runs -- Daredevil and Thor being two of them -- and I have to bring up one that hasn't been yet: Batgirl. Starts with Cassandra Cain, then Stephanie Brown, then Gail Simone's run on Barbara Gordon, then Burnside. Haven't read any of the Rebirth and on stuff yet, but I'd say there's a lot of consistency there.
Dixon wrote such good action stories before he became a complete loon.
It's such an odd book. It really is. A lot of globetrotting spy missions, and then "prison train gets teleported to Apokolips with Black Canary and Catwoman."

Like, it's so weird. The biggest drag for the book is the amount of arcs that revolve around Dinah's ability to easily fall in love. Like, three arcs. Definitely wouldn't pass the Bechdel test.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I love that both Sejic and Murphy both did the Batman beating up Joker in public thing in their black label books and Sejic's version is infinitely better and isn't hackish lol

😂😂

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

Gotta love the nod to comicgate in #4

Amazing how quick he went from one of my favorite artists to one of my most hated. I don't understand how he thinks for one second that White Knight makes him worthy enough to get his own alternate universe. He's trash and should've stuck with Snyder instead of appealing to comicsgaters.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how quick he went from one of my favorite artists to one of my most hated. I don't understand how he thinks for one second that White Knight makes him worthy enough to get his own alternate universe. He's trash and should've stuck with Snyder instead of appealing to comicsgaters.

He probably thinks that because White Knight sadly sold huge. Its kinda the same as Sejic when they seen the Harleen #1 numbers they asked him to do more issues but he turned it down for the moment to do his own books and return with Isley. But they are clearly trying to get Sejic to do the same kind of universe as SGM. Same with Aquaman. He was contracted to 5 issues he accepted, planned his own books post Aquaman. They seen the response and came back trying to get him to be the ongoing artist but he wouldn't do it as he had made promises with his own books. That's why he did so many Aquaman covers after his run.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what about Murphy and Comicsgate?

Did I miss something?

He's repeatedly tried to appeal to them. Said he wants the money from both sides left and right. That #4 is their mantra about creators respecting fans. It's bullshit.

He's working on Catwoman with a woman who is a known comicgate supporter and terf.

Then there's this thing I just seen. The best guys obviously.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
There's also the anti progressive Harley stuff in the first White Knight between the two Harleys. He's so transparent

This is his opinion on current Harley delivered by classic Harley while attacking her.

"You, you left"

"and now I'm taking him back"

"he needs..."

"A violent cheerleader with a bigger rack? I don't think so... And don't even get me STARTED on the clothes ... Kind of a step back for feminism"

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
He probably thinks that because White Knight sadly sold huge. Its kinda the same as Sejic when they seen the Harleen #1 numbers they asked him to do more issues but he turned it down for the moment to do his own books and return with Isley. But they are clearly trying to get Sejic to do the same kind of universe as SGM. Same with Aquaman. He was contracted to 5 issues he accepted, planned his own books post Aquaman. They seen the response and came back trying to get him to be the ongoing artist but he wouldn't do it as he had made promises with his own books. That's why he did so many Aquaman covers after his run.
Oh, I get that it was huge but it still sucks. I would love a Sejic-verse, he actually deserves it. I think Harleen was my favorite book of last year. I started Sunstone again after starting it like a year ago based on the strength of Harleen. I'm a male but I think he writes excellent female characters for what it's worth. It'll be hard waiting for those single issues of Isley because after the Harleen hardcover I'll have to wait for that. It's just a beautiful book in every way.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Ah, I see now. I just thought he was on his dumb BTAS shenaingans didn't know bout all this other stuff.

also

He's repeatedly tried to appeal to them. Said he wants the money from both sides left and right. That #4 is their mantra about creators respecting fans. It's bullshit.

He's working on Catwoman with a woman who is a known comicgate supporter and terf.

Then there's this thing I just seen. The best guys obviously.

Doug TenNapel

Yikes

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I get that it was huge but it still sucks. I would love a Sejic-verse, he actually deserves it. I think Harleen was my favorite book of last year. I started Sunstone again after starting it like a year ago based on the strength of Harleen. I'm a male but I think he writes excellent female characters for what it's worth. It'll be hard waiting for those single issues of Isley because after the Harleen hardcover I'll have to wait for that. It's just a beautiful book in every way.

The hardcover with that paper really showcases his art. Its a perfectly assembled book on all fronts.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tweaked the CMX reader in such a way that I may never buy physical comics again.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
One of the Hickman Avengers run had some issues dealing with Mojoworld, it was one of the most annoying things I've read. Bob Iger should've deleted Mojoworld before stepping down.

[edit]

Haha, I just read that Scott Aukerman wrote that and it got ComicGate dude's pissed off. Scott Wokerman doing it big.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
One of the Hickman Avengers run had some issues dealing with Mojoworld, it was one of the most annoying things I've read. Bob Iger should've deleted Mojoworld before stepping down.

[edit]

Haha, I just read that Scott Aukerman wrote that and it got ComicGate dude's pissed off. Scott Wokerman doing it big.
Yeah, I was about to point that out. Scott is a good boy and knew exactly what he was doing.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I always love when Scott Aukerman drops some obscure comic reference and no one knows what the fuck he's talking about except Heynong Man.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So a month late and right before it pops out of theaters I finally see Birds of Prey

Fuck yeah loved it

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
no idea about the terf bit
she's deleted all of her controversial tweets (big surprise) but it's a lot of this kind of stuff in response to feminism/representation in comics and movies. it's the verbatim comicsgate script, down to the "99.99%" number that's specifically used in bigoted comicsgate jargon.

8IcFNMi.png

she's a big favorite in the gamergate community on reddit, though most of the tweets they link to and cheer are dead now.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
she's deleted all of her controversial tweets (big surprise) but it's a lot of this kind of stuff in response to feminism/representation in comics and movies. it's the verbatim comicsgate script, down to the "99.99%" number that's specifically used in bigoted comicsgate jargon.

8IcFNMi.png

she's a big favorite in the gamergate community on reddit, though most of the tweets they link to and cheer are dead now.

The 'Radical Feminist' part of TERF probably doesn't fit then.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
also Blake Northcott has the exact same wack-ass takes on The Last Jedi as the big dipshits that don't get it and never will, so again, I feel safe in saying Catwoman is gonna get real worthless real fast

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
It is a lot of fun. Excited to pick it up on bluray.
There's a wave of movies featuring strong superhero women coming out this year, and I fully expect WW84 to bring it the hardest out of all of them

But I'm calling it that this may be my favorite. Legit no lie I kinda got a little teary during Dinah's intro because I was like "yo is that my girl? Goddamn it is my girl."

They did her right.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The 'Radical Feminist' part of TERF probably doesn't fit then.
there's radical feminism and radical feminism. traditionally, radical feminism referred to the evolving idea of feminism beyond suffrage and so on. the effort against gender norms and cultural patriarchy beyond (and in addition to further) legal equality. the radical feminism in TERF is in many ways a misnomer, as many would say bigoted views towards trans women is anti-feminist. nevertheless, it's accurate in the sense that it's a post-suffrage cultural effort to change views. in practice, however, it's rather to protect a bigoted and traditional view of women and gender roles.

without intending to put words into northcott's mouth, the attitude she displayed is common among terfs. the attitude being that feminist efforts like encouraging diversity in media (including trans representation) is itself bigoted towards men, "right" or "moral" women/feminists, and the patriarchal society itself as well. the views represent a feminist that, while supporting first-wave feminist efforts, argue against second-wave feminism.

that's why radical feminism is used. lots of history there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.