• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't pay full price to see Vin Diesel in Bloodshot on March 13th, 2020, I don't see how you can call yourself a comic book fan.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
If you don't pay full price to see Vin Diesel in Bloodshot on March 13th, 2020, I don't see how you can call yourself a comic book fan.
I remember lying alone on my bed as a child, and dreaming about how some day, they would make a Bloodshot movie, based on the Valiant Comics character Bloodshot

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait till they have enough different character films to do a big crossover called The Valiant. Been waiting for the day that they finally happens for the first time.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, which book has this new Fantastic Four origin? And what video talks about it?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what you guys think of the updated origins of the Fantastic Four.

I thought the new race involved is interested, but I fear the crash not being Reed's fault let him off the hook. Granted, I got hooked by that new video on the Four that explained why the origin worked.

As others said I'm not a fan of it letting Reed get off easy, but I guess over time he's doing enough shit to make up for it so it's fine.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Feels wierd reading my wholesome Harley stories after rereading Harleen 😂😔.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I read a comic tonight. Mister Miracle. Now I have a splitting headache. The comics caused this. Shonen Jumps never make me feel sick. That's just science.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I read a comic tonight. Mister Miracle. Now I have a splitting headache. The comics caused this. Shonen Jumps never make me feel sick. That's just science.

D6sRP4jWwAEe8My.jpg

Best page in comics history.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If you're referring to a comic server about this thread and comics in general and not something else unrelated to this thread that's private, I wouldn't mind an invite.
invite sent!

If anyone else needs an invite to our COMICS!!! |OT| Discord it's open for ResetEra members. Just ping me.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
picks

Billionaire Island #1
The Dreaming #19
Strange Adventures #1
Daredevil #19
Marauders #9

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
God it's March already?

It was a huge mess. Johns bailed on Action to make Blackest Night and Busiek left Superman to do Trinity, so they did this huge change with New Krypton but didn't stick around to finish it. And then the whole thing collapsed sales wise when they gave the main Super books to (and I'm being generous here) C-Listers while Clark and Kara were on New Krypton and Kon was still dead. Honestly the New 52 reboot was almost a relief for Supes and Wondy, the last years of Pre-Flashpoint were not kind to those two at all.
Damn that sucks. Sounds like a real interesting status quo and Supergirl's been interesting, if not messy.
Damn, this first arc in the 2nd Bendis DD omni is so good.

How is there no book at Marvel that is just like this arc. Just Nick Fury, Shield, and the espionage angle, with characters like Black Widow and Cap. Secret Warriors is the closest thing I know of, and that basically died after Hickman stopped working on it. That was the one thing in the Ultimate universe that I wish would transfer over to the 616.

Does anyone know which issues were the start of the Daredevil Black Widow stuff? Like where are there adventures together?
Secret Warriors is great. I love black ops superheroics and superpowered superhero spies. Rosenberg had a new Secret Warriors that was gonna get up and running and that shit got caaaaaancellled.
That's my favorite run of Nightwing ever. Nobody's topped it in the last decade.
I think I still enjoy Dixon's run over it. Dixon just set the ground work for everything, but also defined everything and also created something super unique and I love it. Tomasi's good shit, but it's very much a run with cut momentum because it's a Nightwing run, not a Dick Grayson run. Not like Seeley where he got to write Dick Grayson, so his run is Grayson>Nightwing. Like Dixon got to write Nightwing, and then backed it up with Robin: Year One. Both are great on their own, but compliment each other as well. Same with Seeley and Grayson and Nightwing.

Tomasi got cut short, basically, and that's the grave injustice of it all.
Now you've got me all curious. Did you read Seeley's run? If you did would you say it was better than that? Because I loved Seeley's Nightwing run. Tomasi should take another shot at Nightwing then after he's done with Tec. He could bring over Damian for Dick and Damian adventures after this Ric bullshit ends.
The problem with Seeley's run is that it feels like you have to have read Grayson in order to understand it. I mean, Grayson's amazing anyways, but it feels like a sequel book, not a stand alone. Perhaps I should go back and read it some time. The other problem with it is that it really feels like it doesn't want Dick to be Nightwing. The entire time it feels uncomfortable. Like Dick shouldn't be Nightwing. He should be something else, and that he's struggling to figure out a reason to be Nightwing. Both in the book, and on a meta level. Like Seeley is trying to figure out a reason to make Dick be Nightwing and not Grayson. Supposedly Seeley doesn't like Dick as Nightwing, but I've only heard that and haven't actually read/heard it from the man himself. As much as I enjoyed that run, it was the problem I had with it. Tomasi fully embraces Dick as Nightwing, as there is no other pretense. The arc with Two-Face is completely evident of that.

Seeley's run suffers from the same problem as Higgins' (the New 52), but much more subdued. Higgins' run had Dick spending the entire (or what felt like the entire) time talking about what it was like being Batman and now how it felt to be kicked out. I'm probably exaggerating, but it affected the character early on by providing him with this chip on his shoulder and an inferiority complex by saying "I shouldn't be Nightwing, I should be Batman still, why am I not good enough to be Batman anymore?" It was fucking annoying, but Seeley's is much more subdued because it's trying to prove that he's Nightwing now, and not Grayson, but he's completely independent of anyone else and his own thing.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
When does IST usually update for the week? Nothing can stop me from that Uncanny X-Force Omni.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
in a different universe, bloodshot is getting john wick levels of hype and every kid is wearing valiant costumes that halloween

also i need to stop reading MTMTE on my morning commutes. shit is fucking my whole day up.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Batman 90
Strange Adventures 1

Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda 7
DareDevil 19
Doctor Doom 6
Doctor Strange 4
Excalibur 8
Iron Man 2020 3
Magnificent Ms. Marvel 13
Marauders 9
Miles Morales Spider-Man 16
Savage Avengers 11
Strange Academy 1
Strikeforce 7

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Secret Warriors is great. I love black ops superheroics and superpowered superhero spies. Rosenberg had a new Secret Warriors that was gonna get up and running and that shit got caaaaaancellled.
Yea I wish we got more books or storylines like that. But Marvel would rather get rid of Shield over and over to do anything like that these days. Hell even Fury is gone and Fury jr isn't much of a replacement imo.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Orc Dave and Vi 10/10

However fuck you Sejic for drawing Rat Queens. You left! You could've stayed but you left! #NeverForgiveNeverForget
Yea I wish we got more books or storylines like that. But Marvel would rather get rid of Shield over and over to do anything like that these days. Hell even Fury is gone and Fury jr isn't much of a replacement imo.
Right now I think SHIELD being gone overall is a good thing. SHIELD felt like a scapegoat or felt over reliant or even felt like "hey wait shouldn't SHIELD be dealing with this?" All the time. I mean Secret Empire was kind of the last straw of "oh SHIELD is just the government okay."

So honestly right now I think the current status quo of them being gone is a good thing. Hopefully they get brought back, but in a nice reset.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Orc Dave and Vi 10/10

However fuck you Sejic for drawing Rat Queens. You left! You could've stayed but you left! #NeverForgiveNeverForget

Right now I think SHIELD being gone overall is a good thing. SHIELD felt like a scapegoat or felt over reliant or even felt like "hey wait shouldn't SHIELD be dealing with this?" All the time. I mean Secret Empire was kind of the last straw of "oh SHIELD is just the government okay."

So honestly right now I think the current status quo of them being gone is a good thing. Hopefully they get brought back, but in a nice reset.

Sejic is better for leaving that trainwreck. Also if I remember correctly he left as his life got turned upside down with an injury and his mother dying.

Let's get to Ivy saving Harley please Sejic. I'm in bits over here. That ending in Harleen gives me horrible anxiety when I think about it.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Some other C2E2 ASM stuff that wasn't posted that I'm shamelessly copying from a CBR post

#47 apparently has something major happen at the end that will have "everyone talking"

#850 (or #49) will be the big one, not #50

Apparently people shouldn't be asking who Kindred is, but what they want.

Sounds like Sins Rising will be a wild ride!

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Sejic is better for leaving that trainwreck. Also if I remember correctly he left as his life got turned upside down with an injury and his mother dying.

Let's get to Ivy saving Harley please Sejic. I'm in bits over here. That ending in Harleen gives me horrible anxiety when I think about it.
I'm not actually mad. I just miss his art on it. And also when the book was good.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly think the new team is pretty good. Not great but good. Art is nice.
My problem with Rat Queens lately has been that it's missing the "heart" of it all. Rat Queens has always been unabashedly vulgar and give-zero-fucks in its presentation, but lately that's all it seems to care about. I don't really care about it emotionally anymore.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone read Hidden Society #1? It sounds like something I would like.
I have not. But I will counter and suggest

JUN170582.jpg

It's a fun little series you can read in one sitting.
When does IST usually update for the week? Nothing can stop me from that Uncanny X-Force Omni.
Astro Cat gonna be there hitting F5 until it pops up.

Everyone wants that book. Why didn't ya'll buy it the first time it came out?

I demand a Wonder Woman x Lara slice-of-life ongoing.
You cant see, but I am lovingly stroking my big thick Secret Warriors omnibus right now.
I bailed shortly after Fowler started on the book. I didn't think her art was bad by any stretch, but it had a very generic fantasy look to it, and I don't think it really did RQ much justice. I never once went back so I do wonder how the book is now.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Bendis is here for you!
5OHdf23.jpg
Trust me, im so happy with what Bendis has been doing with the spy agencies at DC. Just hope there will be much more to come.

Sure, I get that. I would still like to see something take its place, even if its all done in the shadows. The stuff with Orchis would be the perfect time for someone to step up, but they probably want only Mutants to deal with them atm.

EDIT:
You cant see, but I am lovingly stroking my big thick Secret Warriors omnibus right now.

I hate you

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Strange Adventures #1 preview is up at Diamond.

www.previewsworld.com

STRANGE ADVENTURES #1 (OF 12) (JAN200506)

After winning five Eisner Awards and topping year-end "best of lists," the comic book of 2019 was Mister Miracle. The comic book of 2020 will be Strange Adventures. The Mister Miracle team of writer Tom King and artist Mitch Gerads are joined by fan-favorite artist Evan "Doc" Shaner to bring...

Tom King about to save comics. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.