• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Reading Supergirl and finishing up Sterling Gates' stuff.

Who the fuck is Chris, why does he have tactile telekinesis, and why is Lois his mom?
He was Zod's kid and the Kent's adopted him since he was born in the Phantom Zone.

Like Jon, he was a kid for a while and they went, "Nope, done with that," and aged him up.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
God it's March already?
Ooooooooooooh

Cool

I mean not cool, but cool

Man the Super line pre-Flashpoint is definitely wacky. New Krypton must've been wild at the time
It was a huge mess. Johns bailed on Action to make Blackest Night and Busiek left Superman to do Trinity, so they did this huge change with New Krypton but didn't stick around to finish it. And then the whole thing collapsed sales wise when they gave the main Super books to (and I'm being generous here) C-Listers while Clark and Kara were on New Krypton and Kon was still dead. Honestly the New 52 reboot was almost a relief for Supes and Wondy, the last years of Pre-Flashpoint were not kind to those two at all.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget Superman: Grounded.

Everyone's favourite Superman story.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Two quick starts/drops.

Red Sonja/Tarzan was alright for the first couple of issues but can't really muster too much energy to read more. I like the villain though. Very menacing.

Couldn't even make it that far into Morning in America.

May 24, 2019
What was really good at the end of the pre-Flashpoint era?
Batman was a Tony Daniel joint, Detective was filler after Snyder, JLA and Superbooks were trash. I thought the GL post-Blackest Night storylines and events were pretty ho-hum.

edit: Wait. Det was Snyder at the end. The filler I'm thinking of was between Rucka and Snyder.

Wow this thing is huge.

They should include word balloons on wax paper pages so you could insert them if you wanted.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was all set to buy Gogor on CMX and found out it was another cancelled fantasy comic from Image, cast to an early grave like my beloved Flavor and Scales & Scoundrels.

Image: We have both kinds of indie comics; we've got urban fantasy AND cyberpunk.

*Googles* I now know way to much about this what the heck.

And it was written by J. Michael Straczynski of all writers!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna ignore my backlog and pick up some stuff that has interested me. Any comments on the following?

Wrestlemon

BoxBoy

Roadqueen: Eternal Roadtrip to Love

Modern Fantasy

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this first arc in the 2nd Bendis DD omni is so good.

How is there no book at Marvel that is just like this arc. Just Nick Fury, Shield, and the espionage angle, with characters like Black Widow and Cap. Secret Warriors is the closest thing I know of, and that basically died after Hickman stopped working on it. That was the one thing in the Ultimate universe that I wish would transfer over to the 616.

Does anyone know which issues were the start of the Daredevil Black Widow stuff? Like where are there adventures together?

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Grounded could have been a good story and instead it's a mess. Also I did not realize this was the guy who wrote Superman: Earth One until I looked his name up. I have the first two volumes of this (I bought them a few years back in high-school) because art student me needed to stare at the cool art.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Read all of Tomasi's Nightwing

What a solid run of superhero comics. The arc with Two Face was a great build off of Year One. The set up for his move to Batman was powerful. And the first arc with the super soldiers was messed up, but posed a super interesting concept I literally never thought of:

Are superheroes still dangerous even when dead?

Good Bat family dynamics. Solid run. Just a real solid run.

That's my favorite run of Nightwing ever. Nobody's topped it in the last decade.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this first arc in the 2nd Bendis DD omni is so good.

How is there no book at Marvel that is just like this arc. Just Nick Fury, Shield, and the espionage angle, with characters like Black Widow and Cap. Secret Warriors is the closest thing I know of, and that basically died after Hickman stopped working on it. That was the one thing in the Ultimate universe that I wish would transfer over to the 616.

Does anyone know which issues were the start of the Daredevil Black Widow stuff? Like where are there adventures together?
Secret Warriors was 616 wasn't it?

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Woops, mispost. Hey how about them comics.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Biggest Super Tuesday ramification is absolutely how this affects California. It's now unlikely a question of whether anyone else crosses 15%, but how many others cross 15%. The polling regarding Buttigieg second choices isn't reliable, so predictions are very tough. Sanders' best hope would be both himself and Warren gaining enough % to keep Biden and Bloomberg below 15%. Worst case, obviously, is if all Warren, Biden, and Bloomberg all cross 15%.

Obviously, for all three other candidates when it comes to California, it's just a matter of reaching 15% and nothing else.

Uh... DC or Marvel?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
bluexy said:
Biggest Super Tuesday ramification is absolutely how this affects California. It's now unlikely a question of whether anyone else crosses 15%, but how many others cross 15%. The polling regarding Buttigieg second choices isn't reliable, so predictions are very tough. Sanders' best hope would be both himself and Warren gaining enough % to keep Biden and Bloomberg below 15%. Worst case, obviously, is if all Warren, Biden, and Bloomberg all cross 15%.

Obviously, for all three other candidates when it comes to California, it's just a matter of reaching 15% and nothing else.

z5lC3yR.png

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up second-hand copies of Frank Miller's Daredevil omnibuses, now I just gotta wait for the Bendis ones to ... hopefully ship :S At least I've got something to read in the meantime!

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Batman was a Tony Daniel joint, Detective was filler after Snyder, JLA and Superbooks were trash. I thought the GL post-Blackest Night storylines and events were pretty ho-hum.

edit: Wait. Det was Snyder at the end. The filler I'm thinking of was between Rucka and Snyder.

They should include word balloons on wax paper pages so you could insert them if you wanted.
The GL and Batman franchises were in a great place, which why those two basically weren't affected by the reboot.

Cornell's The Black Ring storyline starring Lex in Action Comics was fantastic, and pretty much the only worthwhile Superbook after New Krypton collapsed.

Other than that I'm struggling. WW has just gotten a reboot with JMS which sucked so they undid that to do another reboot with New 52. Flash had just gotten Barry Allen back with Rebirth so I guess that was ok? Aquaman was doing alright as Johns started to rebuild him and Mera, although he started over with New 52, and Arthur has been pretty consistently great since. The New 52 was very much a success for Arthur.

I can't even remember what the Titans were up to at that point.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
That's my favorite run of Nightwing ever. Nobody's topped it in the last decade.
Now you've got me all curious. Did you read Seeley's run? If you did would you say it was better than that? Because I loved Seeley's Nightwing run. Tomasi should take another shot at Nightwing then after he's done with Tec. He could bring over Damian for Dick and Damian adventures after this Ric bullshit ends.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I think Bendis was body snatched, and Secret Invasion was his cry for help. But noone caught it in time,

Secret Warriors was 616 wasn't it?
Yea. The Ultimate U just had that Shield/Super hero dynamic built in, where the heroes were basically working for Fury and Shield (like the movies) that I like.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Secret Six is the only one I can think of. Most of the main creative teams had already moved on to N52 stuff

May 24, 2019
Now that Wonder Twins is over, Bendis and Russell should bring back Prez timed for these elections.
e: At least for a guest arc in Young Justice, if these Wonder Comics need to be connected.

ee: Actually, Wonder Comics would limit what it could do. It'd have to be Black Label.

May 24, 2019
Reminder Russell and Pugh (artist on Flintstones) have a new comic out this week, which looks very biting in the Prez and Flintstones tradition.
www.brokenfrontier.com

Preview: Billionaire Island #1 – Mark Russell and Steve Pugh’s New Satirical Miniseries from Ahoy Comics Hits Shelves this Week - Broken Frontier

Billionaire Island is written by Broken Frontier Award-winning (Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles) and BF Award-nominated (Second Coming) scribe Mark Rusell with art by co-creator Steve Pugh, colours by Chris Chuckry and lettering by Rob Steen. This satirical miniseries hits shop...

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Now you've got me all curious. Did you read Seeley's run? If you did would you say it was better than that? Because I loved Seeley's Nightwing run. Tomasi should take another shot at Nightwing then after he's done with Tec. He could bring over Damian for Dick and Damian adventures after this Ric bullshit ends.

The rebirth run? Yeah, it was better than that to me though that was likely the second best Nightwing run, if I think back.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Secret Warriors was like 20 issues in when I started reading comics again. It was also the first Hickman I read and it lead me to his Fantastic Four. I loved it and wish they would reprint that omni. It would be an insta buy from me. More people need to read it. Old Fury is so awesome.
Cornell's The Black Ring storyline starring Lex in Action Comics was fantastic, and pretty much the only worthwhile Superbook after New Krypton collapsed.
I forgot all about The Black Ring but it was such a great story. I loved the issue where Death shows up. It's too bad Cornell also wrote one of the worst Batman and Robin stories around that time. I had high hopes when he was announced but aside from the Guilliam March covers it did nothing for me.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Got a little nostalgic while at the shop today, had to grab 'em. I'm looking forward to the show on Disney+ next year.

QTsQUNU.jpg

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I wonder what you guys think of the updated origins of the Fantastic Four.

I thought the new race involved is interested, but I fear the crash not being Reed's fault let him off the hook. Granted, I got hooked by that new video on the Four that explained why the origin worked.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018

I thought the new race involved is interested, but I fear the crash not being Reed's fault let him off the hook. Granted, I got hooked by that new video on the Four that explained why the origin worked.
I don't like it since it absolves Reed, and removes the randomness of the cosmic rays

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like it since it absolves Reed, and removes the randomness of the cosmic rays
yup. absolving reed is the single worst thing you could do to his character. its practically the only thing that gives him depth. him not having that really just gives him a free pass to be arrogant because why would he ever assume he could make a mistake? why would the family ever assume he'd be making the wrong decision?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Is this from Slott's run? and what video?

May 24, 2019
It was probably done cause someone was sick of Ben griping to Reed about making him a monster for the 200th time.

Status
Not open for further replies.