• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
More important than comics, i finally widened up and put the entire off-topic forum in ignore. I feel so free.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
So, I guess Rumble ended with volume 6? Going into this volume I really didn't think it was gonna be the last one but then it all of the sudden went into endgame mode. It ended up having a really rushed and anti-climatic ending.

May 24, 2019
Coming soon to Venom, someone finds a junkyard Iron Man suit but also wants to be a yellow Venom.
8z4Se3F.jpg

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
spacesong talked me into watching wrestle kingdom this year. i'll definitely try to keep up somewhat, as well as look back at some classics.
Make sure you watch Omega Vs Okada from WK

So fucking good. Okada is the best wrestler in the world with Omega 2nd for me.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you watch Omega Vs Okada from WK

So fucking good. Okada is the best wrestler in the world with Omega 2nd for me.
how many years has okada been going? i almost want to just do a retrospective following him through the years

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
quick q, i hear a lot about G1 but wiki shows it's only been going two years? and it isn't listed for 2020 yet? could you give some context for it?

Not sure where you got that info from, the G1 Climax is an annual round robin tournament that has existed since the 70s. 2020's hasn't happened yet

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
G1 climax is a tournament. Winners get points, those with highest points go to the quarters then advance to semis and finals

Winner faces the world champ at WK. Unless the world champ wins, in which case he chooses who he'll face.
I think the finals are getting pushed to October this year after the Summer Olympics, if they even happen. Who the fuck knows with the coronavirus.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
G1 climax is a tournament. Winners get points, those with highest points go to the quarters then advance to semis and finals

Winner faces the world champ at WK. Unless the world champ wins, in which case he chooses who he'll face.
I see the confusion. The G1 takes place over several days and as such is not typically seen as a singular PPV. The ones listed in this article are special events that took place in America.
I think the finals are getting pushed to October this year after the Summer Olympics, if they even happen. Who the fuck knows with the coronavirus.
ahhh thanks y'all! i get it now.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Feels good to have cleared out my single issue backlog. I was at least a month behind. Still have 7 issues of Green Lantern to read, though. I need to get to that soon. I need to read all of them together, because I've tried reading #10 at least three times. I end up taking a break and when I start #11 I don't remember #10 at all.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Feels good to have cleared out my single issue backlog. I was at least a month behind. Still have 7 issues of Green Lantern to read, though. I need to get to that soon. I need to read all of them together, because I've tried reading #10 at least three times. I end up taking a break and when I start #11 I don't remember #10 at all.
nice! what stands out since youve got everything fresh in your memory?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
But yeah, this is the best community on the site. Only reason I still visit tbh.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Read all of Tomasi's Nightwing

What a solid run of superhero comics. The arc with Two Face was a great build off of Year One. The set up for his move to Batman was powerful. And the first arc with the super soldiers was messed up, but posed a super interesting concept I literally never thought of:

Are superheroes still dangerous even when dead?

Good Bat family dynamics. Solid run. Just a real solid run.

Status
Not open for further replies.