• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
wgEAju3.png

dclocn7.png

d6a0UXl.png

bUMx1W8.png

Robin 80th Anniversary #1 By Wolfman, Dixon, Grayson, Seeley, King, Winnick, Tynion, Wolfram, Thompson, Tomasi, Grummett, McDaniel, Janin, Rocafort, Fernandez, Scott, Nguyen, Kubert, Miller - DC Comics celebrates Robin the Boy Wonder's 80th anniversary in style with an all-star creative team representing each iteration of the iconic character across eight decades of history! From the high-flying adventures of Dick Grayson to the tragedy of Jason Todd, the enthusiasm of Tim Drake and the arrogance of Damian Wayne, the persistence of Stephanie Brown and the rebelliousness of Carrie Kelley—the mantle of Robin has been worn by many, but always represents one thing: a hero.

Strange Adventures #1 By King, Shaner, Gerads - Adam Strange is the hero of Rann, a man famous throughout the galaxy for his bravery and honor. After leading his adopted home to victory in a great planetary war, Adam and his wife Alanna retire to Earth, where they are greeted by cheers, awards, and parades. But not all is as happy and nice as it seems, as the decisions Adam made during battles on Rann come back to haunt his family and threaten the entire DC Universe. And now a surprise DC hero will have to choose between saving Adam Strange and saving the world.

Batman #90 By Tynion, Jimenez - The mysterious master criminal known only as the Designer once brought together Gotham City's greatest criminals to plot the perfect crime, and now his plan has been unleashed upon the city in all its might. Batman will go to any length to uncover the grand design, but Catwoman is the one who holds the greatest secret. If Batman wins against the Designer, he will lose everything.

Batman : Curse of the White Knight #8 By Murphy - Witness the final battle of the two Bats in this conclusion to the second installment of the White Knight saga! After learning the truth about his name and fortune, Bruce Wayne has made a shocking public announcement in pursuit of redemption—but before he can secure Gotham's future and prosperity once and for all, he must protect the city in one last brutal showdown with Azrael. With Batman devastated by his shattered identity and with little left to lose, there may be nothing left to stop him from abandoning his code and resorting to one unthinkable desperate measure.

Catwoman #21 By Joelle, Blanco - In this action-packed conclusion to the Villa Hermosa epic, Catwoman and Raina Creel go head-to-head. Win or lose, this is a crossroads for
Catwoman. Will she stay with her sister in their new home, or return to Gotham City and the life she hoped she had left behind?

Harley Quinn #71 By Humphries, Basri - Harley thought a little trip to Los Angeles would help her cope with grief, but grief followed her all the way to the West Coast. When a new friend of hers dies, she knows in her heart there is foul play at work. She'll have to put down her mallet and pick up a magnifying glass to prove her friend was murdered. And will Booster Gold help her investigation or only hinder it?

Suicide Squad #4 By Taylor, Sampere - With the chaos of Task Force X's first mission behind her, Dr. Harleen Quinzel launches a psychological investigation into the current residents of Belle Reve—and when the infamous Harley Quinn is worried about someone else's mental health, you know there's a problem! What does Deadshot know about the machinations of their deadly new teammates, the Revolutionaries? Who are the Revolutionaries, where did they come from, and why do they hate superheroes so much? Careful, Harley—sometimes when you dig too deep, the monsters come crawling out…

Young Justice #14 By Bendis, Walker, Timms - Now that Young Justice has figured out who the bad guys are, it's time to bring the fight to S.T.A.R. Labs' front door! But the combined forces of Dial H for Hero, the Wonder Twins, Naomi, and the entire Young Justice roster may not be enough to defeat these evil scientists. It's time to call in some super-powered backup…the new Young Justice! Plus, how will Superman revealing his secret identity affect Conner Kent?

Far Sector #5 By Jemisin, Campbell - The mysteries of Sojourner "Jo" Mullein's origins and her recruitment into the Green Lantern Corps are finally revealed. Meanwhile, Jo's attempt to "follow the money" is complicated when she discovers the City Enduring's form of cryptocurrency is mined by an underclass of artificial lifeforms.

Batman / Superman #8 By Williamson, Derington - General Zod is on a mission to resurrect the Bottle City of Kandor, and he's ready to obliterate anyone in his path! Deep within the ruins of an ancient temple, Ra's al Ghul's bid to save his Lazarus Pits from Kryptonian chaos has brought the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel into a brawl neither expected—or was prepared for! What can Batman and Superman possibly do to stop an army of Kandorian zombies? Find out in the conclusion of the epic "Kandor Compromise"!

Amethyst #2 By Amy Reeder - Dejected but determined to find her missing kingdom, Princess Amethyst and her new companions—a four-armed Turqoisian peasant called Phoss and his gigantic caterpillar steed—set out for the land of Sapphire, where it is always night. Where there is darkness there is also danger, but a newly discovered magical ability might light the princess's path.

Nightwing #79 By Jurgens, Cliquet, Moore - How many Nightwings does it take for one Joker to strike to get to the real one? Four Nightwings. And that's not even the punchline—how will Ric interact with the Joker when he's not quite sure which one of his two memories is the real one…and exactly how dangerous this clown standing before him is?

marvelqii7t.png

UufwPPg.png

4jW2jBM.png

Strange Academy #1 By Young, Ramos - The Marvel Universe has mysteriously changed in such an alarming way that Doctor Strange has done what he's avoided for decades; he's opened a school for young sorcerers. Young people from around the world with aptitude in magic have been brought together in New Orleans to study the Mystic Arts under Strange, Brother Voodoo, the Ancient One, the Scarlet Witch, Magik, Hellstrom and ALL your favorite Marvel magicians. But with all the new magical threats, is it too late?!

Spider-Woman #1 By Pacheco, Perez - Jessica Drew hasn't been feeling like herself lately (she's not a Skrull, we promise). When the angry, irritable, and unwell Spider-Woman takes a simple security gig to help get back on her feet, she finds herself besieged by unknown forces out to destroy everything around her. What's wrong with Jessica? Just how DID she get this job? And who are these violent lunatics who keep trying to blow her up? WHO CARES? Does Spider-Woman have someone to punch? THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

Spider-Man Noir #1 By Stohl, Ferreyra - As the specter of war looms on the horizon, SPIDER-MAN: NOIR fights the good fight at home, stopping the injustices of a more friendly-neighborhood variety. But after a dame is murdered at The Black Cat nightclub and all clues point overseas, Spidey will have no choice but to board the next flight to Europe and kick off a globetrotting adventure through yesteryear of the Marvel Universe!

Hellions #1 By Wells, Segovia - When Krakoa opened their doors to all mutants and forgave all past crimes, they might have known they'd have to accept some of their worst foes into the fold… but they didn't plan for what to do with them. Not to worry—Mister Sinister knows what to do with the troublemakers. Meet his new Hellions: Scalphunter, Wild Child, Empath, Nanny, Orphanmaker, Psylocke…and Havok?! Under Sinister's direction, they are sure to become productive members of mutant society.

Cable #1 By Duggan, Noto - Cable was a grizzled old veteran of the wars to save the future… and he will be again. But for now, he's a young mutant living in paradise leading a life of adventure! Nathan Summers, son of two of the most powerful mutants on Krakoa, has a destiny leading the youth of mutantkind in rebellion… so why not start now?

X-Men Giant Size : Magneto #1 By Hickman, Oliver – (DELAYED!!)

Road of Empyre : The Kree Skrull War #1 By Thompson, De Iulis, Rodriguez - The build-up to Marvel's massive event series of the spring begins here—but in actuality, it began a millennia ago, with a challenge on the moon! In the wake of INCOMING, everything has changed for the Kree and the Skrulls. And out in the cold on Earth, the Warner family (MEET THE SKRULLS) need to work out what has happened and what it means for the future of their family and their race! And that means educating their kids on just how the Kree and the Skrulls first went to war!

Marvel #1 By Ross, Busiek, Darnall, Saini - Thirty years ago, Alex Ross had a vision of a new series showing the Marvel heroes in a way they'd never been seen before. The first realization of that idea became the blockbuster MARVELS — but today Alex finally brings about his original vision: An anthology of stories by unique, exceptional talents, many of whom are doing Marvel characters for the very first time. Over this showcase series you'll see work by such artists as Adam Hughes, Bill Sienkiewicz, Dan Brereton and more, linked together by an overarching story by Alex and Steve Darnall.

Outlawed #1 By Eve Ewing, Jacinto - In the wake of a devastating tragedy, the United States passes a law that will shake the Marvel Universe to its core. The world has had enough of teen heroes. The crackdown has begun. And the lives of Marvel's next generation will never be the same again.
Captain Marvel #16 By Thompson, Garbett - It's all come down to Captain Marvel versus Vox Supreme! Since discovering her Kree heritage, Carol Danvers has struggled to reconcile her human and her alien sides. Now she must fight for both — or lose everything. But Earth's Mightiest Hero has a new plan...will the power of the Avengers be enough to save the world?

Guardians of the Galaxy #3 By Ewing, Cabal, Sprouse, Vaqueva, Ortega - The Guardians saved the Galaxy - at great and terrible cost. And now, they have to break the news... to the Guardians. Four artists tell three stories of two bonds broken, one born again ...and the birth of the West Spiral Arm Guardians!

Immortal Hulk #32 By Ewing, Bennett - The gentle giant XEMNUTM has come to EARTHTM to fight evil – as the INCREDIBLE HULKTM! And YOUTM can join him – as he battles ROBERT BANNERTM, the STRANGEST MAN OF ALL TIMETM! (HULKTM is a trademark of ROXXON ENERGYTM. For a brighter tomorrow.)

image7weal.png

u6uNFGS.png

qGrLXu4.png

Mirka Andolfos Mercy #1 By Mirka Andolfo - When the placid mining village of Woodsburgh is disturbed by a series of brutal murders, the settlement is in turmoil. And as the first snow covers the chaos in a white blanket, a mysterious woman in black arrives, eliciting a totally different kind of unrest. But who is Lady Hellaine, really? And what's her secret agenda?

Decorum #1 By Hickman, Huddleston - There are many assassins in the known universe. This is the story of the most well-mannered one. "Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what knife you use."

Outer Darkness / Chew #1 By Layman, Chan, Guillory - Tony Chu is a modern-day cop who gets psychic impressions from what he eats. Joshua Rigg is a 28th-century starship captain who flies through an outer space filled with demons, monsters, and ghosts. Sounds like a perfect recipe for a comic book crossover, don't it? Well, be careful what you wish for, because CHEW/OUTER DARKNESS is warping your way, bringing together the reunited multiple Eisner Award-winning CHEW team, writer JOHN LAYMAN and artist ROB GUILLORY, with OUTER DARKNESS' regular resident artistic genius, AFU CHAN!

Bitter Root #7 By Walker, Brown, Greene - Sylvester continues to plot his revenge against the Sangerye family, and now he has help—the demon Ardo has arrived on Earth. The Sangeryes, and the world, are not prepared.

Lazarus : Risen #4 By Rucka, Lark - Casey Solomon and Michael Barrett. Bound together by a shared history and a deep love…and something else that may, one day, tear them apart.The Lazarus, Forever Carlyle.

Middlewest #16 Young, Corona - Nicolas Raider's operation is a reflection of the man himself: backbreaking work, ruthless kidnapping and mistreatment of children, the cruelty of the guards—all characteristic of and authorized by him. Everything will need to go precisely according to plan if Abel and his crew hope to make it out alive.

Monstress #27 By Liu, Takeda - Maika takes control of the city's forces on the eve of battle with the Federation…

Rat Queens #21 By Ferrier, Petraites - While Hannah ventures down a dangerous path of black magic, a monstrous titan interrupts peace in Palisade and pulls the Rat Queens back into action.

Sex Criminals #28 By Fraction, Zdarsky - The bad guy comes into rack focus. I didn't mean anything dirty by that, I mean, like, we learn a lot about him on the eve of the Big Job. That sounds dirty too. It's not. I mean, not really.

banner71jbv.png

iU4qfFF.png

Demon Slayer Vol 11 By Gotouge - The battle against the powerful sibling demons Gyutaro and Daki is not going well. Although finally able to fight alongside Tanjiro against the monsters, Zenitsu, Inosuke and even the Hashira Tengen Uzui may all be overwhelmed. Battling even one of Lord Muzan's Twelve Kizuki is hard enough-can Tanjiro face two of them alone?

Dr Stone Vol 10 By Ingaki, Boichi - After a shocking betrayal, Senku finds himself in a tough spot against the malicious Hyoga. But a surprising ally comes to his rescue! Then, the Kingdom of Science sets its sights on a new mission-solving the mystery behind the petrification. But where do they start, and how?!

Kaguya-sama : Love is War Vol 3 By Akasaka - Will Kaguya and Miyuki share the shelter of an umbrella in a storm? Is carrying a knife dripping with blood proof that Kaguya is trying to kill a member of the student council? How will Kaguya react when Chika introduces her to potty humor? Then, Chika must intervene when Miyuki dispenses bad advice on a topic he knows nothing about, Miyuki tries to develop his kinesthetic intelligence and Kaguya and her personal assistant play a practical joke on Miyuki that has dire consequences.

One Punch Man Vol 19 By One, Murata - The Monster Association has kidnapped Tareo, the boy who admires Garo, and now Garo finds himself plunging headfirst and alone into the heart of the Monster Association's hideout. Meanwhile, the Hero Association pushes forward with its operation to rescue Waganma, while Genos and the others are living it up enjoying hot pot at Saitama's place!

Beastars Vol 5 By Itagaki - Dwarf rabbit Haru has been abducted by Shishi-gumi, a gang of rogue lions infamous for torturing, murdering and devouring herbivores. The mayor offers to help, but can he be trusted when he himself is a lion? Meanwhile, Legoshi tracks Haru's scent, determined to rescue her at any cost, while Haru both defies her captors and tries to accept her fate. Elsewhere, red deer Louis is faced with a terrible temptation.

No Guns Life Vol 4 By Karasuma - As a Resolver, Juzo takes care of problems involving the Extended. Lately however, the source of most of Juzo's problems is...himself! His recent involvement with the Berühren megacorporation has put him on their hit list, and when a new Berühren agent shows up in his office with her own Gun Slave Unit partner in tow, Juzo must choose between his own survival and having to take on a fellow veteran.

YhnAhvs.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a manga (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
that's a lot of great covers! thanks for the new thread Messi! and MYSTERY ASSISTANT!

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
Finished reading the Groot miniseries by Loveness and Kesinger from a few years ago, which was really good. Full of humour and heart. Really positive themes and messaging. The artwork was wonderful, in a lovely cartoony style that is incredibly appropriate for a Groot (and Rocket) series. I was a little emotional by the end of it all. Fantastic stuff.

Also read the I am Groot series by Hastings and co. Not sure which came first but this definitely suffered for being read in such close proximity to the Loveness and Kesinger series. Pretty forgettable in the end. Didn't really land with me at all I'm afraid.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get scared off hooray! :D

There's a lot of great covers displayed there.

May 24, 2019
LIST:
BATMAN #90
BILLIONAIRE ISLAND #1
DAPHNE BYRNE #3
DREAMING #19
FLASH #750
LOIS LANE #9
STRANGE ADVENTURES #1
SUPERMAN VILLAINS #1

edit:
Why didn't Flash #750 make it in the OP over some random issues?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Was it Tom Taylor who had a great Sam Alexander story that wasn't on the schedule?

Fitting banner this month

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
heck yeah first list of march

Mercy #1
Batman #90
Daphne Byrne #3
The Dreaming #19
The Flash #750
Justice League #42
Justice League Odyssey #19
Lois Lane #9
Strange Adventures #1
Superman: Villains #1
Daredevil #19
Doctor Strange #4
Iron Man 2020 #3
Marauders #9

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did I mention that I recently got Frank Miller's Daredevil and Lee-Kirby FF Vol. 1 omnibuses? My brother also just ordered Superman Golden Age Vol. 1.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
There's a billion new trades that are releasing on the second week of March.

Well, a billion that I want.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Started reading Starman a few days ago on DCU, just finished Sins of the Child... this is fucking good. Took a while to get used to Robinson's writing style, especially after Mignola but now I'm loving it.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
did i miss why aizo temp banned himself?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Does BOOM! have the license to Super Sentai or just Power Rangers? It'd be really funny if Marvel started making Super Sentai comics while BOOM! did Power Rangers.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Does BOOM! have the license to Super Sentai or just Power Rangers? It'd be really funny if Marvel started making Super Sentai comics while BOOM! did Power Rangers.
Teams based on older Super Sentai have appeared in the Power Rangers, so it's probably part of the Power Rangers license.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Teams based on older Super Sentai have appeared in the Power Rangers, so it's probably part of the Power Rangers license.
That kind of sucks. By the time Power Rangers came out here I was already watching the O.G. shows so I have 0 nostalgia for them. I always thought it was cheesy even as a 10 year old which pissed off basically all my friends lol. I would love for Sentai shows to be part of the Marvel universe though.

Speaking of that, I just read the first couple issues of Savage Avengers because I love Conan. It's surprisingly good. I already like Duggan but after reading Infinity War I hate Deodato (tbf I've hated him since he made Norman into Tommy Lee Jones) But here he actually does a decent job! I was shocked that everything was clear and easy to follow. The Wolverine/Conan fight was great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.