• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
Crocodile Dundee: That's not a deep cut.
mbrLXj4.jpg

Bring back Clayface III, cowards.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
There is a nonzero chance Adams actually retcons HiC out of existence. The current run is about him traveling to speedsters weakest points in time and stopping speed force energy from exploding sooooooooo

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot imagine anyone wanting Wally to be a murderer like that. He gains nothing as a character, he only has aspects taken away from him.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
512710-2005.10_pls_hom_house_of_m__special.jpg

Carol being called "Captain Marvel" about 7 years before she actually took the Captain Marvel name :o
That was actually one of the stated reasons she took the name.

It's less that the Avengers don't care and more that the X-Men's status quo wasn't a constant nightmare hellscape where you'd think the rest of the hero community would constantly be around to help when they were battered to extinction for the third time in just under 15 years. Modern X-Men writers for a very long time only had an old straight dude's interpretation of life as a gay person as their source for inspiration, so that's all they wrote and codified into the core of X-Men that they'll die alone with nobody coming to help.

This is actually pretty true. And the other culprit is the separation of the publishing lines: Avengers events tend to draw in the X-Men, but X-Men events usually don't draw in the Avengers. There was Empyre: X-Men, but no X of Swords: Avengers, as an example. So, it leaves the Avengers as negligent at best.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Hear me out: the inhumans return from space and put Emma on trial for killing a ton of then or whatever she did in that crappy event.

Man I like that Marvel just side stepped having characters call Cyclops in-universe "worst the Hitler" for something he ultimately didn't even do, and then proceeded not actually have any direct payoff in the books for it lol

I think that's my biggest issue with the Scarlet Witch "No More Mutants" stuff. We've had this constant push and pull of "okay it's over and done with.....no actually we should treat this like it's a bigger deal" for the past 15 years.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
They're not gonna retcon an event in some issue of The Flash.

Judging by how things are going he'll end up occupying his own body again during HiC, so unless Adams is enough of a madman so that we watch him killing everyone again...

I've been wondering if that's how he gets his body back anyway.

Also it's happening in an annual so it's a "special" issue 🤪

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy this scene hit me right in the feely bits.
What a perfect culmination of the series.

Iafipou.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HE DID IT AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT, ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

Last I checked they're already working on undoing that with Zoom messing with Wally's head in Sanctuary to convince him to hide his crimes. Only a matter of time before it's revealed Zoom caused them in the first place.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
So I finally started reading Spy X Family and I'm only on chapter 2 but I see why everyone loves it now. Anya is ridiculously cute and Yor is a badass even after this one chapter.

I may end up liking it as much as Chainsaw Man if this keeps up.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
So I finally started reading Spy X Family and I'm only on chapter 2 but I see why everyone loves it now. Anya is ridiculously cute and Yor is a badass even after this one chapter.

Just wait till the best boy turns up.

quHWEnz.png

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

It gets better and more heartwarming too.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
So we're just waiting for the day some Spider-Man writer comes along and spins gold out of Sins Past, right?

If someone REALLY wanted to, they would've made the Stacy kids into clones created from Gwen's and Norman's DNA or LMDs like Peter's parents in the 90s. All just to fuck with Peter.

The only wrinkle here is the idea that MJ knew (which is its own fucked up can of worms), but you probably could write something like she was gaslit or hypnotized or whatever.

Like Mysterio is right there, he could've released mine altering fumes or something.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait! Dogs make everything better!

It's nice to read a heartwarming manga once in awhile. It's surprisingly funny too.

I think Anya is legitimately hilarious. I've laughed out loud more than once.

Also it's very touching at times. Especially when it comes to her.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

peow shutting down, really sad to see this. had the pleasure of meeting them and they were really cool. I haven't read a ton by them but they helped introduce me to Jane Mai who is one of my favorite indie creators

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like one of the central visual conceits of Spy X Family is that Anya can basically read the thought bubbles and the captions, and you can't really do that in an anime, so almost automatically a Spy X Family anime would be worse than the manga.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like one of the central visual conceits of Spy X Family is that Anya can basically read the thought bubbles and the captions, and you can't really do that in an anime, so almost automatically a Spy X Family anime would be worse than the manga.
I mean, this is usually the case, but you can always have her reacting to characters' internal monologues in the same way.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i'd posted before about Monsters from Barry Windsor-Smith and got some responses, so i went ahead and read it as soon as i got it so i could provide some personal thoughts on it. i freehanded those thoughts on Discord and figure they probably will serve better than me trying to edit them down. to be a bit more coherent.

aP6xRhC.png

i highly recommend it. but it's not a book for entertainment so much as for the art of it.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So in the Iron Man Annual, it shows who posses the Infinity Stones in the back of it, and it has no one listed for Power. We haven't seen him in Guardians of the Galaxy since the fight with the Olympians, but does Power Prince not have it anymore? Also didn't Ketch have a stone, too? Or am I mistaken?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
i'd posted before about Monsters from Barry Windsor-Smith and got some responses, so i went ahead and read it as soon as i got it so i could provide some personal thoughts on it. i freehanded those thoughts on Discord and figure they probably will serve better than me trying to edit them down. to be a bit more coherent.

aP6xRhC.png

i highly recommend it. but it's not a book for entertainment so much as for the art of it.
Has Windsor-Smith mostly retired from the industry now?
I know he's advancing in years.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

aP6xRhC.png

lmao you know it probably took more effort to screencap that and post it than it would have to just copy and paste?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

peow shutting down, really sad to see this. had the pleasure of meeting them and they were really cool. I haven't read a ton by them but they helped introduce me to Jane Mai who is one of my favorite indie creators

that's sad news :(

ah yes, there's never been any mind-readers in anime ever before

Oct 29, 2017
So in the Iron Man Annual, it shows who posses the Infinity Stones in the back of it, and it has no one listed for Power. We haven't seen him in Guardians of the Galaxy since the fight with the Olympians, but does Power Prince not have it anymore? Also didn't Ketch have a stone, too? Or am I mistaken?
I googled this out of curiosity and Power Prince is gonna fight Hercules in the GOTG annual

www.marvel.com

Discover the Fate of the Infinity Stones in the Startling Conclusion of Infinite Destinies

The final chapters of INFINITE DESTINIES hit stands this August!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it so hot!!?

aP6xRhC.png

Nice, thanks! Would have never seen it on Discord unless I was there when it was posted.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Here's an official lo-fi stream to with your read...

image.png

image.png

This is excellent and just what I need, I'll start it when I start reading again later.

as far as a Spy X Family anime... eh I don't really feel the need for it now unlike Chainsaw Man. The artwork is pretty perfect already and unless there's some crazy action scenes I haven't seen I don't think it's necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.