• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
hey Vic_Viper or anyone else might know, how does omnibus shipping work at DCBS? there are 5 omnibus i want to pre-order, but if i choose standard shipping will it all wait until the last one is ready? most of them are in October, but one is in December. what if i picked bi-weekly or weekly shipping?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
hey Vic_Viper or anyone else might know, how does omnibus shipping work at DCBS? there are 5 omnibus i want to pre-order, but if i choose standard shipping will it all wait until the last one is ready? most of them are in October, but one is in December. what if i picked bi-weekly or weekly shipping?
That was always one of those things about DCBS that I found to be a bit confusing. Their explanation is as follows:

If you place an order only containing collectibles (statue, busts, or action figures), your order will be charged once all items have arrived and are being readied for shipment.

If you place an order containing collectibles and books or books only, your order will be charged in the middle of the month following the order placement. The exception to this is if you place a late pre-order. In that case, you will be charged within the normal charge cycle for that month's pre-order. Generally the charge cycle is the 14th-16th, but can be delayed if it falls during a weekend. Items that have been allocated to a customer's open invoice, that were placed in an order that has not been charged, will be charged at the time of shipment processing. This includes any order late additions, items from the trade paperback link, and early releasing product.

DCBS reserves the right to charge large orders before the Diamond due date or if there have been payment issues in the past.

If you need to delay a charge, any request to delay must be received 4 business days before the charge cycle begins on the 14th of the month. We can delay a charge up to 14 business days, but any additional extension will need to be authorized by the management.

I've only ever ordered statues from DCBS, so I never had to deal with it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im not positive how DCBS does it, but other places will hold everything until the last item in your order is ready to ship them all. Twice a month will ship orders every two weeks, but you pay double for shipping. And weekly of course will ship orders once a week, but you pay 4 times.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That was always one of those things about DCBS that I found to be a bit confusing. Their explanation is as follows:

I've only ever ordered statues from DCBS, so I never had to deal with it.
hm, that's just about when I'll be charged, right? I'm not so worried about that. more just when I'll get my books.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
hm, that's just about when I'll be charged, right? I'm not so worried about that. more just when I'll get my books.
Oh, well then.... get out your reading glasses.

Because DCBS is mainly a pre-order website, orders placed on the website generally ship within 2 months. Orders placed in April are generally scheduled to ship at the end of June. If regular monthly orders are placed containing books, then shipments will be sent out each month. If there are no books filled from an order, a shipment will not be sent until items have filled.

New customers who place a pre-order are automatically assigned to the 4th week of the month, except customers who order Previews. Customers who order Previews are automatically assigned to the 5th week. So with months having 5 Wednesdays, Previews customers will be sent in the 5th week. All other 4 Wednesday months, Previews customers will be sent in week 1 of the week following the 4th Wednesday. All 4th week customers not ordering Previews will still be sent in the 4th week on 5 week months. Customers may request to have their shipments sent in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd weeks and may make a one-time request for that change by e-mail. Shipments are packaged starting on Tuesday of each week and are processed and packaged for pickup throughout the week until all closed invoices have been labeled. Packages cannot leave our facility each week before Wednesday per our agreement with our distributor. Generally, customers in week 1, 2, and 3, ship by Friday at 6 p.m. Customers in week 4 generally ship by the Monday following the 4th Wednesday of the month. Weekly shipments are guaranteed to ship out the Wednesday of each week. Twice a month shipments are guaranteed to ship out the Wednesday of the 2nd and 4th week. In 5 week months, twice a month customers, who order the print version of Previews, will ship on the 2nd and 5th Wednesday of those months. Weeks following a holiday will ship out one day later than what is stated above.

When a confirmation is received, the tracking number is not "trackable" until the package has been picked up and scanned. If you check the label status and it says "billing information received", this usually means that the label has been printed but the package has not been picked up yet. Packages are picked up by FedEx by 6 p.m. and USPS by 3:00 p.m. each day. When an invoice shows as closed in the system that is not necessarily the date it is shipped. Invoices are closed in large batches and processed in chronological order of receipt. We send shipments by UPS or USPS. When packages are labeled, the system chooses the least expensive option.

The only exception to this policy is if your order contains pre-order items and previously released items and there are no pre-order items filled at the time of the scheduled shipment. If the customer has placed subsequent orders, the pre-order items will be sent in future orders and a shipment will be made. If it is the only order placed, the order will be held until the order is complete.

All items in an open invoice must be paid, before the invoice will be closed for processing and shipment.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, well then.... get out your reading glasses.
Ok, so say I placed an order for three omnibus as part of these June orders. One releases early October, one releases late October, the third releases in early December.

Standard shipping -- all books wait until December, then ship at the end of the month. One shipment.
Twice Monthly -- the first book will ship mid Oct., the second late oct, the third mid December. Three shipments.
Weekly Shipping -- Each book would ship the closest Wednesday to launch. Three shipments.

Is that correct?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so say I placed an order for three omnibus as part of these June orders. One releases early October, one releases late October, the third releases in early December.

Standard shipping -- all books wait until December, then ship at the end of the month. One shipment.
Twice Monthly -- the first book will ship mid Oct., the second late oct, the third mid December. Three shipments.
Weekly Shipping -- Each book would ship the closest Wednesday to launch. Three shipments.

Is that correct?
That sounds right to me, but in case your not sure, you can try asking them directly. The due date for these pre-orders says June 24th, but I bet that gets extended. But the books wont sell out or go away until next month so youve got time to decide.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Is that correct?

That sounds about right based on my experiences with statues.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
It upsets me though, because having her be Batgirl in high school hurts her origin the mantle a bit. I'm at work so I can't compose my thoughts entirely now, but like it genuinely bothers me.

The problem is the changes are in service of the story they are currently telling and not to the overall mythos of the character. They likely just told writers to go for it without thinking about how all the pieces fit together.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed DC put out at Superman The City of Tomorrow tpb, with a second coming in November. Its all the Superman titles starting with Superman #151 by Loeb and McGuinness! I was going to just read the Superman Our Worlds at War trade, but these look to be the lead up to it.

May 24, 2019
List:
ADVENTUREMAN #1
AMETHYST #3
BATMANS GRAVE #7
DECORUM #2 (Maybe. Have to read #1)
JOKER 80TH ANNIVERSARY
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #6
LOIS LANE #11
OLD HAUNTS #1

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I'm making my way through Swamp Thing: New Roots. A minor nitpick so far, but I always liked Swamp Thing's slow, deliberate speech patterns with all the "..." between words which is missing here. I dunno, it makes him feel more like an actual plant,

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, lists.... comics are a thing again. Is there a reason Batman #92 isn't on the Diamond Previews site? I KNOW DC broke up with them, but is it just a matter of Diamond not having received it?

List:
Daredevil #20
Punchline #92

Lady Killer Library Edition

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh new comics?? Oh shit, some X-Men books are back on the menu lol.

List:
Adventureman #1

Batman #92
*LOSH #6

*Decorum #2

Daredevil #20
*Deadpool #5
Excalibur #10
New Mutants #10

(* books are a maybe)

Going to just wait for the trade/deluxe for Lois Lane and Batman's Grave.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Man im so far behind on the X-Books, I dont even remember where I stopped lol. Last thing I remember was Kitty fell off the boat, Rogue woke up, and the X-Men were in space fighting the brood. I need to make a list or something so I can figure out where I left off and in what order(ish) I need to be following.

EDIT: This helps up to a point I guess:

Reading Order:

• X-Men (2019) #1
  • Marauders #1
  • Excalibur (2019) #1-6
  • New Mutants (2019) #1
  • X-Force (2019) #1
  • Marauders #2
  • X-Men #2-3
  • Fallen Angels (2019) #1-4
  • X-Force #2-3
  • New Mutants #2-4, 6
  • Fallen Angels #5-6
  • Marauders #3-4
  • X-Men #4
  • New Mutants #5, 7
  • Marauders #5-6
  • X-Force #4-6
  • X-Men #5-6

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
all I did for this list was pull from Diamond's website so if they're wrong it's on them and also fuck them also this is formatted from my notes app
  • ADVENTUREMAN #1
  • BATMAN'S GRAVE #7
  • DECORUM #2
  • AMETHYST #3
  • FLASH #755
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE #46
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #21
  • LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #6
  • LOIS LANE #11
  • DAREDEVIL #20

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
If I had any extra $ it would be going to Lady Killer Library Edition. Maybe New Mutants but by Wednesday I'll break on that.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Why all this hype for Adventureman #1? Is it just Dodson art or is the story going to have some substance?
For myself, its having Fraction and Dodson on a new book with a really compelling setting/plot. Wonder how long its planned on running. Is it just a 6-10 issue mini series, or will it run longer. That will determine if I stick around or just trade wait.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'll get Adventureman in trade for sure. Defenders is one of those Marvel books that everyone forgets about but it's awesome.

May 24, 2019
yeah that's what I meant; also GUESS THAT'S WHY BATMAN IS NOT ON THERE WOW the distributor wars are BACK I guess

They have an individual page for it listing June 10th, so it's not like they're refusing to distribute it or anything.
www.previewsworld.com

BATMAN #92 (FEB200417)

The greatest heist in history is underway in Gotham City, courtesy of the mysterious crimemaster known as the Designer! Batman knows what he needs to do, but in order to stop the plot, he must first escape the most ingenious death trap the Riddler has ever devised!

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
what's really frustrating is that the hack frauds at CMX don't even have joker 80th or death metal up for pre-order or subbing, unless my search is failing me

also in comics reading news I finally made my way through Hellboy in Hell last night. ultimately I'm not a huge Hellboy fan, it never grabbed me that much. but for whatever reason that ending did make me emotional. I plan to reread it all at some point in the future, so maybe my opinion will change in time. still need to check out all the small/one-off stories and of course soon I will be starting BPRD, which I am very much anticipating. but probably not until I read a bunch more IDW TMNT, which I have recently gotten into and am really enjoying despite the extent of my TMNT experience being watching some of the 2003 show back in the day.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
List:
New Matt Fraction comic

good week
what's really frustrating is that the hack frauds at CMX don't even have joker 80th or death metal up for pre-order or subbing, unless my search is failing me

also in comics reading news I finally made my way through Hellboy in Hell last night. ultimately I'm not a huge Hellboy fan, it never grabbed me that much. but for whatever reason that ending did make me emotional. I plan to reread it all at some point in the future, so maybe my opinion will change in time. still need to check out all the small/one-off stories and of course soon I will be starting BPRD, which I am very much anticipating. but probably not until I read a bunch more IDW TMNT, which I have recently gotten into and am really enjoying despite the extent of my TMNT experience being watching some of the 2003 show back in the day.
I know you tend to like more character-driven stuff, so I think BPRD will be right up your alley. It does start off kind of rocky, but once Arcudi comes on, it becomes one of the best team comics out there and stays excellent all the way to the end of Hell on Earth.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I know you tend to like more character-driven stuff, so I think BPRD will be right up your alley. It does start off kind of rocky, but once Arcudi comes on, it becomes one of the best team comics out there and stays excellent all the way to the end of Hell on Earth.
Right. I tend to like character-driven stuff more too and while I was meh on Hellboy, I loved BPRD (aside from TDYK)

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
My poops this week:

Adventureman 1
Batman 92
Batman Secret Files 3
DareDevil 20
Deadpool 5
Decorum 2
Excalibur 10
Joker 80th
Miles Morales 17
New Mutants 10
Undiscovered Country 6

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder why Tynion took over for Lobdell on Red Hood after the Death of the Family arc. That mustve been when Lobdell started that Superman He'll on earth crossover.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
TalesOfWonder is apparently a good place to preorder collected editions. It's also owned by DCBS like IST and you're given the choice to ship as they become available or ship all at once. There's only one standard shipping option though so you can't get ground like you can with IST and the free shipping is at $99 instead of $50.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
TalesOfWonder is apparently a good place to preorder collected editions. It's also owned by DCBS like IST and you're given the choice to ship as they become available or ship all at once. There's only one standard shipping option though so you can't get ground like you can with IST and the free shipping is at $99 instead of $50.

Why do DCBS own all these places under different names

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of this TalesofWonder site lol. Shit theyve got the Superman Batman omni listed and its cheaper than CGN damnit. But that site does not give off confidence lol.

Ehh Ill give them a try. Ill preorder the Batman Deluxe Book 5 and the Superman Man of Steel HC.

EDIT: I wish I had some sort of clue if/when CGN was getting the book in stock, or if I should cancel and try to buy it from ToW. Just got a reply to my email asking, and they said that they placed an order for it last week, and it should be in Tuesday or Wednesday, BUT they havent recieved an invoice for the order, so dont know if its coming lol.

Last edited:

cormags

Mar 1, 2020
Just finished Ironheart in two sittings. (Eve Ewing being on fire on twitter lately may or may not have inspired me to finally get started.)
• I really, really love how Eve handled Riri's PTSD, survivor's guilt, and general struggle with trying to interact with other people 'normally.' She's super compelling in a way I haven't seen from a comic protagonist in a while.
• The idea of keeping an AI companion of your dead best friend is just wild. Poor Riri.
• The "don't shoot" scene. Damn.
• Put this book down as yet another that deserved more issues than it got. At least a few more so that one plot thread about her dad didn't have to be wrapped up as abruptly as it did.
• Wasn't gonna follow the new Champions run at first, but now I lowkey want to solely to see Eve writing Riri again.
Gonna re-read Excalibur before the new issue comes out next week. Like Marauders I totally forgot what was going on before publishing stopped :p

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I read Outlawed yesterday and now I'm disappointed that I have to wait 3+ months to continue the story. I'm really interested in seeing what happens next with the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.