• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Far Sector spoilers:

I feel like it's a trap to force Jo to use up her ring power just before the election. Still, it will be interesting to see how she uses her ring when she lets loose.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
these dumb motherfuckers really think Diamond got their monopoly by providing a better service than everyone else, and not because Marvel fucked up and launched a series of terrible exclusivity deals that killed every other distributor
It seems to be more that DC's new service is worse for them than Diamond, bad timing due to the pandemic, and it wasn't announced beforehand.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
these dumb motherfuckers really think Diamond got their monopoly by providing a better service than everyone else, and not because Marvel fucked up and launched a series of terrible exclusivity deals that killed every other distributor

I mean, they don't think that.

They are entirely about their bottom line. Period. They were locked into Diamond and had a system they understood, with margins they could work with. There's a reason even Higgins is like "uhhhh." You might get through to something better in the long run, but what they're saying is you're cutting them while they're already down. And the result is stocking a bit less DC than they otherwise would.

Essentially, you have to hope the new distros get up to speed quickly, and sales pick up a bit. Or DC will cede more unit and dollar share to Marvel than they already do.

It seems to be more that DC's new service is worse for them than Diamond, bad timing due to the pandemic, and it wasn't announced beforehand.

Yeah, they're pretty clear in the article where their pain points are.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I tell Messi to read Dorohedoro, One Piece, Asano, Tokyo Tarareba Girls, and more

and he picks Naruto

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
See this list that One Angry Gamer put together of all the "traitor" companies and people who have supported BLM lol?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
My low-key favorite part about Lee's run on Spider-Man is that after he murdered the Comics Code Authority he went all in on tackling social issues. Including going against a "law and order" candidate for mayor! Which Gwen actually campaigned for because she was afraid of Spider-Man or something. (Peter dodged a bullet there tbh).

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Mine's been doing curbside for a week or so. Probably won't actually open until... there's a vaccine or something.

You made the wrong choice with Naruto. At least you'll enjoy it for quite a while.

There's a Hinata in Naruto?

There's only two Hinatas that I protect

tumblr_p6z4hxP1P01qa94xto1_400.gifv

87ddeb27c5c83660a88e56fc82b611e9.gif

I'm not reading Naruto lol

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I would never recommend Naruto to anyone, but I also know Messi values different stuff than I do. He might like it.

Ohhh. I didn't realize you were talking Haikyuu. Good man.

Yeah, there is a Hinata in Naruto. At one point, a Naruto in Hinata, too.

Yeah I like Haikyuu because of him and Bakugo. It's good.

I kinda feel like stuff like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball would all be lost on me. I really only care about current Shonen stuff. I guess I could probably get into One Piece... But the art. The women... Christ.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
first y'all talk messi into continuing to read a book he was legit begging y'all to tell him to stop reading. now you've talked him out of reading naruto, legit -the- shonen that all of his favorite shonen books are pretty much directly inspired by. smh.

legit you'd love naruto Messi and i hope you give it a chance one day.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
first y'all talk messi into continuing to read a book he was legit begging y'all to tell him to stop reading. now you've talked him out of reading naruto, legit -the- shonen that all of his favorite shonen books are pretty much directly inspired by. smh.

legit you'd love naruto Messi and i hope you give it a chance one day.
I told him to stop every time he brought it up. Just like I tell him to stop waiting for physical and just catch up on fucking MHA already.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Lemire's Green Arrow good enough and long enough to get the physical Deluxe Edition, or just read it digitally?

And was that the end of New 52 GA, or was there more after Lemire?

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If my favorite Jump series are:

My Hero Academia
Demon Slayer
The Promised Neverland
Haikyuu
Dr Stone

Which is inspired by it?
my hero, demon slayer, and dr stone for sure. i haven't read any promised neverland so i can't comment on that. haikyuu more directly inspired by Slam Sunk! and other event-driven sports manga from the 90s. naruto has a lot of strong shonen influences, i'm not trying to rewrite history or anything, but naruto definitely became and defined the modern prototypical character-driven action shonen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Rave once called Deku Green Naruto and Bakugo blonde Sasuke?

I've no idea if that's an insult to this day.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lemire's Green Arrow good enough and long enough to get the physical Deluxe Edition, or just read it digitally?

It's very good, particularly if you like Sorrentino's less conventional art. Lots of unusual panels, like in Williams Batwoman run with Rucka.
I think there were some lame and very conventional Nu52 GA stories after Lemire and Sorrentino leave.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda wierd how old Shonen Jump art holds up but old comic art doesn't. Maybe it's down to the coloring?

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece does have a character with a Harley Quinn thing going on

latest

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

It's good enough to get the deluxe edition. I enjoyed it a lot. The book kept going after that during New 52. Percy did some stuff (and then continued into Rebirth), and I think there was somebody between Lemire and Percy, but I can't remember for sure.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine eschewing Vinland Saga and JoJo so you could read Naruto.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I love Vinland Saga and JoJo to death. Neither are Messi series, I think. Maybe he'd like early VS, but later... I dunno about that.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i'd describe messi's fandom, and maybe messi completely disagrees but, i think his fandom is very empathy driven. he likes very expressive characters that wear their hearts on their sleeves. he likes stories that allow them to explore their feelings and grow. he cares deeply about these kinds of characters and wants to read them, through adversity, accomplishing their goals and being happy.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
i'd describe messi's fandom, and maybe messi completely disagrees but, i think his fandom is very empathy driven. he likes very expressive characters that wear their hearts on their sleeves. he likes stories that allow them to explore their feelings and grow. he cares deeply about these kinds of characters and wants to read them, through adversity, accomplishing their goals and being happy.

I can agree with this for the most part. My favourite characters from that list above are Bakugo, Kirishima, Tanjiro, Nezuko, Kocho, Emma, Hinata, Senku.

Senku is the only one who doesn't really fit. Before anyone says Bakugo doesn't fit...he might be the best example of it.

I'm not trolling y'all. I legitimately wanted help.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's good enough to get the deluxe edition. I enjoyed it a lot. The book kept going after that during New 52. Percy did some stuff (and then continued into Rebirth), and I think there was somebody between Lemire and Percy, but I can't remember for sure.

I think they had some of the Arrow show writers do a brief stint after Lemire, but it didn't really work and they only lasted a volume or two. I've always been sort of curious about Percy's New 52 run, because I love his Rebirth run but I hear it's mostly crappy.

But yeah, Lemire's run is top notch, easily one of the best eras for Green Arrow. I'd say it's second only to Grell, honestly... and maybe O'Neil.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Senku is the only one who doesn't really fit. Before anyone says Bakugo doesn't fit...he might be the best example of it.
Dr. Stone may just be a case of you enjoying a well-written series more than being attached to any particular character. Even though Suika is precious and must be protected at all costs.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone may just be a case of you enjoying a well-written series more than being attached to any particular character. Even though Suika is precious and must be protected at all costs.

Suika is my favourite character in that but she doesn't fit that driven mould. But she's still awesome.

I'm kinda in awe of the research they must have to do to write Dr Stone.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So if I want to read about Azazael's relationship to Nightcrawler I have to read this infamous Chuck Austen run?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
just curious. does anyone here think big two comics as a whole are progressive? or have been throughout history?
Creatively? Yes. Internally? I mean...literally just CB Cebulski exists in his position right now

It's dope as fuuuck

Status
Not open for further replies.