• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
This has made me realize I need to read I Kill Giants. I love depressing stories. I've only read the first Punpun and tbh I was expecting much worse but I guess that's later. I really liked Downfall which is the only other Asano I've read and that got me more than Punpun.

I just got Absolute Carnage. I already have Venom 1-3 but all the recommended reading lists are pretty bad from what I can see. Is there anything else from those books I should get and how should I read them? I'm not really interested in anything non Cates.
Punpun gets much much darker than Downfall (which I thought was kind of less good than his other works), but yeah, it comes later. A big part of it is you're following Punpun in his journey from a kid to an adult, so there's a lot of stuff in between. As always though, I recommend Solanin for Asano-- it's still my favorite by him!

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Present for BKatastrophe and Dalek
www.resetera.com

Joe Kelly 2000 Superman run: Superman gets cancer, gives birth to a son, kills a man with his buttocks, and cameo by Pikachu

Late 90s and 2000s was funny time for comics in general but Superman sure did have a time. It all started with a evil scitenctist giving Superman cancer, but not just any cancer but Kryptoian cancer enhanced by Kryptonite. He was able to beat it with some help from his super science friends, but...

Christmas in June

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you're this committed to watching it. You don't actually need to follow any order for watching anything, I didn't when I was making my way through Legends and Flash. Just make a note of when the crossovers happen. And I would recommend getting Legends S1 over with fast because it sucks. After that though the show ditches everything that was bad with S1 and goes full into the glorious silly.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I am a good boy and would never watch illegal subs
tumblr_oftrvbVC551tes8zmo1_400.gifv

Because there is no legal way to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes for under like 500 dollars lol

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
May instead just go for the Crossovers. I am mostly just curious to see Crisis purely out of curiosity.

Also was just shocked at how massive the Arroverse actually is now. Also, is Stargirl not actually part of it?
Yea she and all the DCU Streaming shows were added to the CW Universe as Alternate Earths, with each having their own unique identification. So basically they are, but they arent, at least until they decide they want to do a crossover or something and they just have to jump to their respective earth.

HOLY

www.hollywoodreporter.com

DC Cuts Ties With Diamond Comic Distributors

DC has cut ties with Diamond Comic Distributors, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

WHOA
FUCK

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Thats crazy because both Lunar and UCS said that they didnt know if they would continue distribution after Diamond came back. But if they now have DC as an exclusive, they will probably stay now. Good for them!

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Diamond comics is leaving this community

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Diamond handles collectables too right? Does that get impacted? Or does Diamond just offer collectables and they're in a different distribution?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking massive. And Marvel's still sticking with Diamond to boot. Incoming distribution war.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking massive. And Marvel's still sticking with Diamond to boot. Incoming distribution war.
Well, we dont know for sure. They might have an exclusive contract still with Diamond that wont allow them to leave or use anyone else still. DC's literally just ended a few weeks/months ago which allowed them to do this without any issues.

Marvel is probably waiting to see how things go before making any decisions, which is smart.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
My unprofessional guess is that DC sees LCSes as being totally screwed and is prepping their exit from floppies being direct-market exclusive.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if DC will release sales figures at all now? Comichron and all that was just reporting the Diamond numbers.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Remender's Last Days of American Crime came out today on Netflix I think.

I wonder if DC will release sales figures at all now? Comichron and all that was just reporting the Diamond numbers.
I would hope so. I thought there was something screwy with Diamond's numbers. OH, it was how many books actually sold through, not just sold to retailers. Maybe they will be able to share those numbers now? But it might still be a pain in the ass since not all LCSs share the same POS.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that it took this long to happen considering the industry's biggest issues happened almost exactly around the time Diamond assumed control

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Remender's Last Days of American Crime came out today on Netflix I think.

I would hope so. I thought there was something screwy with Diamond's numbers. OH, it was how many books actually sold through, not just sold to retailers. Maybe they will be able to share those numbers now? But it might still be a pain in the ass since not all LCSs share the same POS.

Diamond only reports the numbers ordered by retailers, not what's actually sold through to customers.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
what I keep going back to is the idea that DIamond dying is not gonna benefit just DC, but a ton of smaller indie publishers that, over the years, kinda got fucked over by how Diamond runs things, in terms of how things are distributed and paid for

if indie publishers can get better deals, and thus better representation in stores, it makes stores better, and making stores better is how you keep the industry afloat

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Let Shonen Jump publish the DC comics. Harley x Toga is much closer then.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
HOLY

www.hollywoodreporter.com

DC Cuts Ties With Diamond Comic Distributors

DC has cut ties with Diamond Comic Distributors, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

WHOA
Shit is finally getting real. End of a fucking era. I think DC might be prepping to exit the physical monthly floppy market and go full digital/trades-only.
Not a chance. Why would they put that stuff out there?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine not getting sales numbers because I'm sure the actual numbers in the pandemic era are horrendous and depressing.

also I won't have to see Overpriced Marvel #1 With 30+ Variant Covers selling 150k copies before dropping to like 30k the next month

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Great news. Diamond never gave a shit. Literally every week we'd get books late, damaged, or just missing. Long overdue.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
just saw a retailer comparing DC quitting Diamond to people looting Target during protests and L M A O

Status
Not open for further replies.