• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manga OT didn't help but then I remembered the real Shonen Jumps were in this thread.

Anyone heard of Beyond the Clouds by NICKE? It looks like a fun little fantasy steampunk romp.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I just realised. Sejic was robbed of an Eisner nom for Harleen as was Tradd Moore for Silver Surfer

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you should've nominated them, Messi!!!

Go read it and tell me if it's good.

The cover really pulled me in and I'm a huge sucker for deliberately retro Ghibliesque steampunk fantasy. I'm just worried it won't be anything but that.

EDIT: Well I took the plunge. Coulda got it on CMX but it's basically the same price physical.

Last edited:

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Mad Love is a good one
Batman Adventures : Mad Love
Harley and Ivy by Dini and Timm
Gotham City Sirens until Dini leaves

Those 3 imo are classics

Harley Quinn by Humphries (much better post Conner and Palmiotti)
Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy by Houser and Melo (even if I hate how it ended. By in large its a good Harley and Ivy book)
Harley Quinn breaking glass is an interesting take on Harley.

Harley hasn't had many iconic runs. Mad Love and maybe Harleen (I'd argue it already is but others would disagree)

I actually read Mad Love the other day

Boy, that
Harley slept her way through school
plot would not be liked too much nowadays lol

May 24, 2019
Is this the first Eisner list since Tom King started getting nominations that he hasn't been nominated?

Nice to see The Dreaming and Naomi on there, and Bilquis Evely, Steve Pugh and Ian Bertram nommed for artists.

Last edited:

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first Eisner list since Tom King got on nominations that he hasn't been nominated?

Nice to see The Dreaming and Naomi on there.
I had the same thought about King. Heroes in Crisis being underwhelming and Strange Adventures starting recently probably ruined his chances this round.
Agree about Naomi. That book was great, and the art was gorgeous.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Picked up Lego Marvel 2 while it's on sale. After hunting a Nazi and lynching him on a ferris wheel in Mafia 3, I needed something more lighthearted. Still bummed it doesn't have any X-Men but I heard Gwenpool is in it so that kinda makes up for it (I already have the first one).

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the next Spider-Man game will handle the NYPD. We still gonna see Peter using a mass surveillance system to track crime? 🤔🤔🤔

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I actually read Mad Love the other day

Boy, that
Harley slept her way through school
plot would not be liked too much nowadays lol
the superior and actually canon do not debate me on this Harleen deaks with that bit of lore in a way cooler and more mature way and this is why it's an instant classic

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

The Harleen, Isley dream is dead. I'm guessing the Isley book is actually done tho 😋

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry your dream is dead but good for him.

I also have always supported this dream. I prefer his solo work. Anything that gives us more Sunstone and Fine Print quicker.

I also do not believe that he's not working on Harleen stuff. He teased too much for him not to do it. He's likely taking a break.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
All for him doing his solo thing, but pretty bummed if we don't get another Harley and/or Ivy book. Harleen was the best thing that came out last year and one of my favorite books period.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how the next Spider-Man game will handle the NYPD. We still gonna see Peter using a mass surveillance system to track crime? 🤔🤔🤔
Seriously, they might just edit out all the cop stuff, That shit was very BLAH in the first game, they tried to get you to prep for hunting down the cop who quit in the first game.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Remember in Spider-Man 2 (PS2 era) when you put in a cheat like "realamericanhero" or something to play with a police skin? Even as a kid, I thought that was corny garbage.
Edit: Slightly misremembered. It was Spider-Man: The Movie, and the cheat was "realhero."

I don't think I've trusted the cops since elementary school, because I only saw them harass and never help anyone. They sure as hell didn't help when our house was robbed, but I'd been followed around as a teen countless times by cops while just driving normally. Small aside, but they've just never made me comfortable. I thought in Japan that they were much better, because they helped me out, despite me looking different.. but I've come to learn that J cops aren't any better. Cops are cops.

Anyway...

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Man, I haven't even considered all the police stuff when snapping up spider-man today due to a decent deal. I'll just pretend the game takes place in an alternate universe where NYPD cops are great people or something

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Man, I haven't even considered all the police stuff when snapping up spider-man today due to a decent deal. I'll just pretend the game takes place in an alternate universe where NYPD cops are great people or something
From what I remember the cops are a pretty much meaningless part in an otherwise amazing game. Yuri is pretty much the only cop that matters. The rest were insignificant annoyances or you having to save their incompetent ass. Either way, small part if I'm struggling to remember them and I'm still playing the dlc lol

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hit the Night of the Owls stuff in Red Hood. Some really great flashback scenes to Jason and Tim moments, and also Jason after his training. Sadly looks like Rocafort left the book pretty early on, right around the Court of Owls crossover. Think im going to get the physical trades for the Rebrith stuff for that Dexter Soy art and just read the rest of the New 52 digitally.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Remember in Spider-Man 2 (PS2 era) when you put in a cheat like "realamericanhero" or something to play with a police skin? Even as a kid, I thought that was corny garbage.
Edit: Slightly misremembered. It was Spider-Man: The Movie, and the cheat was "realhero."

I don't think I've trusted the cops since elementary school, because I only saw them harass and never help anyone. They sure as hell didn't help when our house was robbed, but I'd been followed around as a teen countless times by cops while just driving normally. Small aside, but they've just never made me comfortable. I thought in Japan that they were much better, because they helped me out, despite me looking different.. but I've come to learn that J cops aren't any better. Cops are cops.

Anyway...
Yeah, fuck Japanese police too. I had to justify my existence a few times and produce official documents simply for walking down the street I lived on. I lived in a lame/boring part of Tokyo that no one breaking the law would bother with (other than the bosozuku idiots).

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone would be commissioning lots of Barda pieces in here it would be me. But my college student self can't throw money at people at the moment.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a guide.

If it's Sunstone it's likely me, Harley it's possibily me, Harley and Ivy it's likely to be me.

I rarely commission outside of those picks. I've got some Punchline ones coming up though

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
lol just noticed that they already released the trailer for the new Dragon Quest game. Looks good as an action rpg, if a bit unfinished. And theres no way it doesnt come to Switch, but im totally expecting a wait again.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
You all wanna talk about cop villains, as much as I lambast Spencer's Cap run(s), the AmeriCop stuff was raw as hell.
Dini and March both requested to do a new series in recent years and nothing.... Its such an easy slam dunk with Harleys popularity
RIP

The Harleen, Isley dream is dead. I'm guessing the Isley book is actually done tho 😋

The Sirens dream is dead then

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
You all wanna talk about cop villains, as much as I lambast Spencer's Cap run(s), the AmeriCop stuff was raw as hell.

RIP

The Sirens dream is dead then

Sejic changes his business plans so often but rarely drops anything completely. See Death Vigil and Ravine coming back. I don't believe he's dropping it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Ravine?! God damn, that book was coming out when I still went to comic shops.

Yes I know it was released in two OGNs not in singles.

Yeah he's remaking it in his newer quicker style. Less world building more focus on the characters and he can tell the full story. Won't be doing it until 2025 tho.

He said he just can't let go of the ideas. But he was only learning how to write and world build during that time and he overdid it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's remaking it in his newer quicker style. Less world building more focus on the characters and he can tell the full story. Won't be doing it until 2025 tho.

He said he just can't let go of the ideas. But he was only learning how to write and world build during that time and he overdid it.
Ravine was gorgeous, but god damn those books were an info dump and a half.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Yeah, fuck Japanese police too. I had to justify my existence a few times and produce official documents simply for walking down the street I lived on. I lived in a lame/boring part of Tokyo that no one breaking the law would bother with (other than the bosozuku idiots).
Yeah... I got stopped by Japanese cops a couple times for random searches, and they made me provide proof I was there legally... I thought it was fine at the time, but in hindsight, with everything else I learned about law enforcement and the justice system in Japan... they're still bad, especially to Black residents. I had to come to a friend's rescue who didn't speak Japanese to interpret between him and a cop. The guy wanted to search my friend's bag for drugs.

I mean J police were always polite to me, but I know what they do, so they don't look good in my eyes anymore. At the very least, they're better than American cops, but that's such a low bar. I had a friend who hit some cops after they found him in the street in the red light district, after he'd been drugged, and they didn't charge him or anything. They took him to the station to sleep on the bench and told him what happened when he woke up. Still, one good story doesn't excuse the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.