• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Add Brandon McCarthy to the trash creator list

fuck. this one sucks. I really love McCarthy's art. But I don't feel comfortable supporting creators like that.
Shit. I've got the Milligan and McCarthy collection in my backlog.

Is there a lot of existing grumbling about Ed Piskor, or is that just one unfortunate/un-thought-out interview (edit: or two with the Chaykin one in the replies)? I just got into his Youtube channel, man 😂

You gotta be prepared to let the reverence for your old heroes die.
I've seen bits and pieces of more progressive creators not so subtly dunking on Piskor. I never read Hip Hop Family Tree, so I'm not sure if it stems from that.

I didn't see they did one with Chaykin... He's real gross. That's real disappointing.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
That's my guess too, especially since Snyder has said Death Metal has "expanded" in the wake of Didio's departure. So we'll probably get Harley Quinn: Death Metal to compensate for her ongoing ending as well as tie-ins for characters like Red Hood, Supergirl, Shazam, etc. Will this be the first time since Flashpoint that pretty much everything has ended and DC instead puts out event tie-ins? Feels like it. They need this event to buy time in the wake of their 5G plans no longer happening.

I'm very curious to see what the post-Death Metal DC looks like. I'm hoping for a bunch of new blood on the books. DC needs it, especially more PoC creators.
The rumor was that they would be pulling more from tv and novels, but who knows now.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
The rumor was that they would be pulling more from tv and novels, but who knows now.
That was Didio's plan for 5G. Dunno if it will still hold true under Lee. Marvel has tried that and the results have been pretty mixed. But Far Sector is great so it's not entirely a bad idea.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see DC and Milestone finally get things figured out so they can bring the characters in to the DCU full on. That would be a perfect opportunity for them to have an imprint run by great poc creators and showcase new talent.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The newsarama thing killed all of their old links so it's so hard to look up stuff like solicitations. It also means the old articles are all lost too.

I would love to see DC and Milestone finally get things figured out so they can bring the characters in to the DCU full on. That would be a perfect opportunity for them to have an imprint run by great poc creators and showcase new talent.
The plans they showed for Milestone before weren't good, so I would need to see it. DC need more PoC lead books in general though. All they have now is Batman and the Outsiders if you want to count that.

That was Didio's plan for 5G. Dunno if it will still hold true under Lee. Marvel has tried that and the results have been pretty mixed. But Far Sector is great so it's not entirely a bad idea.
There are some big name writers that started off working on novels like Rucka.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The newsarama thing killed all of their old links so it's so hard to look up stuff like solicitations. It also means the old articles are all lost too.
i was literally just looking for the dc august solicitations. what an incredible fuck-up that they killed those links. that site's google ratings may be absolutely decimated as a result.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I noticed that earlier when i was looking for them also lol. Such a bad call to redesign the site to make it more like GamesRadar.

Really like the Den of Geek site design. Gunna try and get something close to that tomorrow.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
i was literally just looking for the dc august solicitations. what an incredible fuck-up that they killed those links. that site's google ratings may be absolutely decimated as a result.

Lemme tell you that op creation has been decimated

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017

Marvel also absolutely needs to figure out something for the X-line next year. Going to stick out like a sore thumb if the entire writing team minus 1 is white given the subject matter. Maybe Ayala will get something else because Children of the Atom is already dead as fuck.

Meanwhile Ahmed's books and Champions are stuck in the pandemic limbo...

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel also absolutely needs to figure out something for the X-line next year. Going to stick out like a sore thumb if the entire writing team minus 1 is white given the subject matter. Maybe Ayala will get something else because Children of the Atom is already dead as fuck.

Meanwhile Ahmed's books and Champions are stuck in the pandemic limbo...
Those books will probably be back in September. It's possible they wait until Empyre ends though.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
lol

u2e98WP.gif

[But they do actually get their solicits up early and have textless covers for download. The design is just an added bonus.]

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
They just want to take us back to before the internet became a hellworld

Also that stuff actually reads pretty well on mobile tbh

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man it's hard to find genre fiction about queer dudes. Everything on CMX is generic yaoi, paddle arms aplomb.

Managed to find one series, Beast Heart! Strikers, that piqued my interest. According to the description it's sort of a queer take on Toku heroes.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm catching up with Spider-Man, and I guess I missed 2099 tie-ins when I was buying. Is it worth it to buy alpha, Spider-Man 2099 (one-shot), and omega?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm catching up with Spider-Man, and I guess I missed 2099 tie-ins when I was buying. Is it worth it to buy alpha, Spider-Man 2099 (one-shot), and omega?

No. It was a big waste of time. All you need to know is that the 2099 timeline was rebooted. ASM barely has anything to do with it despite the marketing and Spencer writing.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, I don't read that. Did he rip off the JLU arc where they go to the future and one of the future Leaguers is John and Shayera's son?
wow he

he exactly ripped that one off (except it's not the future it's the future in a parallel dimension where everything supposedly went right)

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I don't read that. Did he rip off the JLU arc where they go to the future and one of the future Leaguers is John and Shayera's son?
When he started on JL he was pretty up front about being inspired heavily by the Justice League animated show, which is what led to the initial line up of characters. I don't think he's tried to hide this or claim that he's not riffing on what they did.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea he did it pretty openly. He even brought in the Justice League Unlimited Beyond team into the book lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.