• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Cartoonist Kayfabe episode on Love and Rockets 1. I did not know the Logo was designed by Todd Klein!!!

rF6Sjqw.png

They have an interview with Gary Groth Next. Already very interesting to start off, turns out he just recovered from COVID!

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly late -- but y'all remember when Azz called that one fan/journalist a pussy at the Killing Joke Q&A after the SDCC screening? Fuck Azz.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The THunderbolt and Mixy are suppose to be the same race right? Did they ever explain why the Thunderbolt is not that smart?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So they are completely replacing Kate Kane Batwoman in the show. So whoever gets casted is going to be playing some completely new/original character, rather than just replacing Ruby Rose as Kate lol. Just such an odd choice.
Such a crazy decision. Everyone on the show revolves around her. Alice is there because she's mad at her sister. Mary is there because she's Kate's step-sister. Sophie is there as a friend/ex-lover. The stone faced dour guy is there because he's the dad. Luke might be able to easily transition over to a new Batwoman but none of the other characters have any logical reason for being on the show. For a show that was already seeing its ratings plunge this seems like a really dumb idea to me. Cancelling it or recasting seem like the two valid options, whereas this seems like a weird pipe dream destined to fail.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Gonna take a break for today, but some really interesting numbers about Fantagraphics' sales in the first 15 mins.

Conventions are 0 profit, mainly for customer interaction and marketing.

30% sales are through Diamond and comic channels and 70% through the wider book channels.

Really surprisingly, he says digital sales have plateaued and haven't really seen an increase in the last one year!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Such a crazy decision. Everyone on the show revolves around her. Alice is there because she's mad at her sister. Mary is there because she's Kate's step-sister. Sophie is there as a friend/ex-lover. The stone faced dour guy is there because he's the dad. Luke might be able to easily transition over to a new Batwoman but none of the other characters have any logical reason for being on the show. For a show that was already seeing its ratings plunge this seems like a really dumb idea to me. Cancelling it or recasting seem like the two valid options, whereas this seems like a weird pipe dream destined to fail.
Yea this seems like something you would do after a couple seasons have aired with Ruby Rose, not after only one lol. Ill still be watching, but man that might be the death nail for the show that still had a ton of potential.

If they wanted to pick a new person to be the lead, why not just use one of the Batgirls instead? Make Spoiler the new Batwoman, if they cant use Babs. They could have even renamed the show and started fresh with a Batgirl.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The THunderbolt and Mixy are suppose to be the same race right? Did they ever explain why the Thunderbolt is not that smart?

Wasn't it because of the magic that bound him to the pen?

Speaking of the Thunderbolt, this week's episode of Stargirl is the first one I can say was good and not just kinda there. It's gonna be interesting to see how Courtney fills out her new JSA team.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If you can remove or set aside the stuff with Starfire, New 52 Red Hood is actually really fun, at least so far. Im happy to see Lobdell is putting his own spin on Red Hood's origin for the New 52 and I hope it sticks in Rebirth. And the banter between him and Arsenal is great. Like a buddy cop movie but with deranged comic book characters.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Even though no one joined my Wonder Woman book club, I'm Starting the Byrne stuff tonight. I don't think I've read more than a few issues of his WW. Should be very 90s.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Red Hood Outlaw stuff is just temporary, or he at least gets his red helmet back. I want to keep reading and get caught up eventually, but im still not sold on his new look.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it because of the magic that bound him to the pen?

Speaking of the Thunderbolt, this week's episode of Stargirl is the first one I can say was good and not just kinda there. It's gonna be interesting to see how Courtney fills out her new JSA team.
Courtney is not a good lead, the better they assemble the team the better

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I shouldnt have backed that Kickstarter

EDIT: That was a joke it was an Indiegogo

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I finished Perez and then took a break for the Detroit omnibus (which I thought Diana was a part of later on when Aquaman leaves but I was wrong)

I'm reading the Byrne stuff via the standard HCs. Then Jimenez.
ahh i got my ordering wrong. you're getting in some good reading time!

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
ahh i got my ordering wrong. you're getting in some good reading time!

Seriously nothing else to do. I wake up, I work, I excercise for a bit, I play a game for an hour or so, I read, I sleep. Also reading the X-Men Twelve omnibus, cause why the hell not.

Finished Deathlok: Rage against the Machine. Took a while to ready that one since it was a total bore.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
PAD actually seems to be keeping his foot out of his mouth on twitter.

I still dont think hes a racist.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Feeling like reading Secret Six again, or anything Gail Simone wrote really. I need to get around to her WW run fully sometime.

That twitter thread she made recently was really damn good.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
And the mask came off of SGM I see. Sadly, he's just confirmed to be Frank Miller 2.0 and will get work regardless.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
And the mask came off of SGM I see. Sadly, he's just confirmed to be Frank Miller 2.0 and will get work regardless.
For sure. Until he does or says something that DC execs actually cant ignore, I dont see him going away anytime soon though.

Hes actually been banned from working at Marvel for years lol, so he wont get any refuge there. And his latest crowdfunding campaign didnt really put up big numbers at 160k. When you compare that to Madi, the Duncan Jones comic kickstarter that pretty much doubled it in less time.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For sure. Until he does or says something that DC execs actually cant ignore, I dont see him going away anytime soon though.

Hes actually been banned from working at Marvel for years lol, so he wont get any refuge there. And his latest crowdfunding campaign didnt really put up big numbers at 160k. When you compare that to Madi, the Duncan Jones comic kickstarter that pretty much doubled it in less time.

What'd he get banned for?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What'd he get banned for?
He made this Alphabet book with each letter having different Marvel characters, and was selling them at conventions and his website, without getting permission or paying Marvel for the rights. Guess it got him into a lot of legal trouble at the time and was banned from working for them.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He made this Alphabet book with each letter having different Marvel characters, and was selling them at conventions and his website, without getting permission or paying Marvel for the rights. Guess it got him into a lot of legal trouble at the time and was banned from working for them.

Haha, what a goober.

Status
Not open for further replies.