• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took me forever to remember that Slott turned Hobbie into Peter's black sidekick during that one Fake Iron Man arc he was doing.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I was gunna say Kori/Starfire was written fine in Red Hood, then she starts making out with Jason for no reason lol.

Still, damn this art is amazing. Need more Rocafort!

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I was offered a freelance contract by Ziff-Davis to contribute to 1UP and GMR back in the day, so I can write. I'd gladly contribute to any site that you guys might be spitballing, if you'd have me.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am now the proud owner/admin of ComicsEra.com lol. Now hiring laborers! Payment for services starts at: the satisfaction of doing something with your spare time!

Still getting it set up and will probably wait till tomorrow to do the big stuff. But following a guide and using Wordpress as the back bone, and picked the Color Mag theme.

I figure ill start by posting the latest solicitations and stuff like that, as long as its not some sort of exclusive for a competitor. Also current release dates and cancellations/digital only lists. Stuff like that. Also dont plan on just sticking to western comics. Will share games news and shonen jump stuff too.

I'm happy to contribute, I've done the odd review here and there in the past.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I am available to provide fair and balanced reviews for Tom King and Geoff Johns comics.

(Or I can post about Best vs Cheapest ways to buy some collected editions).

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Publish one of my rants on Tokyo Ghost.
lol, ill publish anything you guys want me too.

I'm happy to contribute, I've done the odd review here and there in the past.
Cool. All are welcome. Once I get it set up and figured out ill let everyone know.

This is just for fun/hobby. Im still on my Leave of Absence from work until the end of July, and on summer break from classes. So this is just to have something to do with my spare time.

Plus it would be nice to have a place where I can keep track of everything, like collected edition release dates, book cancellations/digital only, and announcements.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
10 Things the DCEU Can Learn From the Clone Saga (and 15 Things We Wish it Didn't)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I might need to read Sideways next, if only to get more Rocafort art. Some of these layouts are amazing. I love how he uses white space in some of these spreads and panels.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Omega Men, pretty good read though some of the writing felt like it needed another pass. Overall I enjoyed it though.

Think I'll jump into Black Science finally since the 3rd HC arrived.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I actually went to Gamesradar for years through high school and early college, but I dropped it completely when they adopted an ugly layout that made it more difficult to use. Awful.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

The Jean Paul Leon art in Static is so good, and McDuffie nails the voice of a kid at that age. Its a crime there arent any collected editions of these books in print.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Bendis talk reminds me that I finally finished Pearl. I thought it was really good. Pearl and Cover are my favorite Bendis things since he's come to DC.
I don't really have strong feelings either way about his Superman/Action Comics. They're kind of run of the mill, IMO. Young Justice I've mostly enjoyed with some duds mixed in. Naomi was great (as has much of the Wonder imprint including the criminally under-read Dial H). I also liked Event Leviathan. I haven't gotten to LoSH yet, but they're on my backlog. I have liked more of Bendis' work than I've disliked and thought that the Batman Universe was kind of a fun all-ages type of throwback. It's not great comics, IMO, although the art certainly elevates it. Up in the Sky is better, for example, but Batman Universe was fun and would be a good introduction to Batman, IMO.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Picked up Absolute Carnage, and am really enjoying it so far. Will probably look at some of the tie ins and Venom.

Also, hi Maker. Didn't people joke that Xavier recently was actually the Maker, cause of the similar look?:P

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Absolute Carnage, and am really enjoying it so far. Will probably look at some of the tie ins and Venom.

Also, hi Maker. Didn't people joke that Xavier recently was actually the Maker, cause of the similar look?:P
Oh it wasnt a joke. Professor Maker is still in play!

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
did you finish the Detroit omnibus?

Yes.
Should you get it? No. Should I have gotten it? No. I would say hardcore Justice League freaks would like it. I get how it can have a special place for some. But it's super dated material. Also they were barely in Detroit. A lot of the omnibus actually takes place in Canada.

If someone asked me for great older Justice Legue stuff I'd say start with Justice League International. Which basically starts after Detroit.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Absolute Carnage, CMX has a pretty descent deal on all of the tie ins, the event, and all of Venom.

Also some sort of DC "Super" Sale.

May 24, 2019
Get GL: Earth One in that sale, y'alll.
www.comixology.com

Green Lantern: Earth One Vol. 1 - Comics by comiXology

The newest Earth One original graphic novel presents an all-new origin for the Emerald Warrior! Hal Jordan yearns for the thrill of discovery, but the days when astronaut and adventure were synonymous are long gone. His gig prospecting asteroids for Ferris Galactic is less than fulfilling-but...

e: And New Gods and Orion by Simonson.

I got GLC: Edge of Oblivion for Tom Taylor and cuz I already had Lost Army in the backlog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.