• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Jlt1Rhi.png

Thread Created by Phanphere, Freeza (He did the banner) and me! Thanks as always!
zljwyim.png

omDfplu.png

PnVEjD9.png

Dark Knights : Death Metal #1 By Snyder, Capullo, Glapion - Get ready for the earth-shattering encore! The legendary team behind Dark Nights: Metal and Batman: Last Knight on Earth take center stage and reunite for one last tour. When the Earth is enveloped by the Dark Multiverse, the Justice League is at the mercy of the Batman Who Laughs. Humanity struggles to survive in a hellish landscape twisted beyond recognition, while Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman have all been separated and fight to survive. Unleash the beast and let the head banging begin!

Batman #92 By Tynion, March - The greatest heist in history is underway in Gotham City, courtesy of the mysterious crimemaster known as the Designer! Batman knows what he needs to do, but in order to stop the plot, he must first escape the most ingenious death trap the Riddler has ever devised!

The Joker 80th Anniversary 100 Page Super Spectacular #1 By Azzarello, Dini, O'Neil, Snyder, Taylor, Tyinion, Beremejo, Sejic, Bianchi, Daniel, Janin, Jock, Garcia, Risso, Rossmo - The Clown Prince of Crime celebrates 80 years of chaos! The Joker has been the greatest villain in comics since his debut and to celebrate we have a who's who of comics' finest talent giving the Harlequin of Hate the birthday roast he deserves. The stories feature a range of terror and anarchy, showing how the Joker has impacted Gotham City from the police to Arkham Asylum, from the local underworld to the Dark Knight and his allies! Make sure to RSVP to this birthday bash-you wouldn't want to wake up with a Joker Fish on your doorstep, would you?

Catwoman 80th Anniversary 100 Page Super Spectacular #1 By Brubaker, Dini, King, Queen Nocenti, Newell, Pfeifer, Stewart, Janin, Hughes, Joelle, Lupacchino, Rude, Balent, Lotay - Our gal Catwoman is turning 80 next year (and looking very good, if we meow say), and DC is celebrating with nothing less than with a huge soiree, invite only, packed with creators who mean the most to her and to whom she means the most! Stories featured in this 100-page spectacular include a tail-sorry, tale-that takes place at the end of the Brubaker/Stewart Catwoman run, in honor of artist Darwyn Cooke. Plus, Catwoman is caught by an exotic cat collector, runs into a wannabe thief trying to prove himself as her apprentice, encounters a mystery involving memorabilia from alternate continuities, and of course some Bat/Cat fun.

DCeased : Dead Planet #1 By Taylor, Hairsine, Gaudiano, Baldissini - After a corrupted Anti-Life Equation turned billions into monsters—including Earth's Greatest Heroes—our planet was as good as dead. Years later, a distress call brings Damian Wayne, Jon Kent, and Cassie Sandsmark—the Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman of Earth 2—back to a dead planet...but what will this new Justice League find waiting for them? If life still exists on Earth, who—or what—is lying in wait for these heroes?

Strange Adventures #2 By King, Gerads, Shaner - What is the truth about Adam Strange? When an activist who publicly accused him of war crimes ends up dead, the public begins to doubt Strange's stories about his adventures on the planet Rann-and he's even starting to doubt himself. It's going to take a special investigator to get the truth, and he's going to have to tear apart Adam Strange's life and reputation to do it.

Birds of Prey #1 By Azzarello, Lupacchino - Black Canary's life has spiraled out of control: her personal life is going through the ringer and her band is in crisis when an old flame resurfaces only to flicker out and set her on an all-new mission against an all-new opponent. The only thing she has to be grateful for is the fact that she's not alone, as Huntress finds herself on a collision course with Black Canary's quarry at Detective Montoya's urging. Meanwhile, Harley Quinn has resurfaced outside of Gotham City and out of the Suicide Squad, with a new lease on life that is sure to make everyone else's life more complicated. And that's only the first five pages of this high-octane, graphic novel-length one-shot that pushes the Birds of Prey far beyond their limits and puts them up against the most brutal crime syndicate to ever sweep into Gotham City!

Harley Quinn #73 By Humphries, Basri - Los Angeles turns on everyone eventually, and now it's turned on Harley Quinn! As she discovers more about the death of her friend, she decides it's time to leave town—but the wrestling league she almost considered a family won't let her go! She's hit on a big conspiracy—and it just might kill her!

Harley Quinn #74 By Humphries, Basri - Harley Quinn's sojourn in L.A. has been full of tragedy and heartbreak, from the death of her friend to uncovering a deep web of moral compromise that'd make even the most sadistic Batman villain's stomach churn. In the epic finale to our story, Harley will come face to face with the person pulling the strings and learn who's out to see her fail!

Wonder Woman Dead Earth #3 By Daniel Warren Johnson - The revelation of the Haedras' true nature overwhelms even the mighty Amazon Princess, forcing Diana to seek out the one person who can help her: Superman. But what Diana finds at the Fortress of Solitude is one of the most shocking secrets in the history of Wonder Woman.

Green Lantern Season 2 #5 By Morrison, Sharp - In the latest issue of this 12-part miniseries, Green Lantern Hal Jordan must test the limits of his ring's capabilities when he must take down two ruthless killers, each with the powers of Superman! Defying the will of the New Guardians, Hal finally finds his fugitive alien murderers: the deadly husband/wife team of Hyperman and Hyperwoman - but the consequences will be devastating! These super-spouses have already murdered one GL who tried to thwart their lust for cosmic power... and they won't hesitate to do it again!

Doom Patrol : Weight of the World's #7 By Way, Lambert - Everyone needs to be held like a baby. Bundle yourself up, slide into the loving arms of a friend, and strap yourself in for the thrilling conclusion to Doom Patrol: Weight of the Worlds.

Puyxs3c.png

9N0J9S2.png

io4J3M6.png

Daredevil #20 By Zdarsky, Checchetto - The streets of Hell's Kitchen are burning as all hell breaks loose. In the chaos, Matt must discover what it means to be DAREDEVIL.

Deadpool #5 By Thompson, Sandoval - Deadpool loves monster! Monster SPRINGS city attack! What to do, Deadpool?!

Excalibur #10 By Howard, To - LONDON IS BURNING! Captain Britain is faced with her hardest decision yet as Britain goes to war with Krakoa. Can Excalibur survive being torn between two worlds?

New Mutants #10 By Brisson, Flaviano - The NEW MUTANTS know it's tough to adjust to having powers, especially with the new Krakoan paradigm. They've been there – and they're able to help, no matter how weird, wild and dangerous the case may be! ...Right?

Miles Morales : Spider-Man #17 By Ahmed, Carnero - Team MILES MORALES welcomes the INCREDIBLE Carmen Carnero And welcomes readers faithful and fresh to discover what life is like for Brooklyn's teen Spider–Man in the OUTLAWED age! It's time for young people to stand together or fall apart! Who will need Miles to risk the wrath of C.R.A.D.L.E.?

Empyre 0 : Avengers By Ewing, Larraz - Tony Stark wakes from strange dreams – as old allies make a distress call to the Avengers. In the new Green Area of the Moon, the Cotati are waiting with news of a terrible enemy that could wipe out both them and humanity itself. The Celestial Messiah has returned... but are the Avengers ready to hear his message?

Immortal Hulk #34 By Ewing, Guice - The Thoughtful Man is here — and his dreadful thoughts are vast and dark enough to swallow even the Devil. Samuel Sterns walked through the Green Door and gained knowledge. Follow him through the journey of his life — from his rebirth to his final experiment. Follow the LEADER.

Thor #5 By Cates, Klein - A god. A king. A herald. Every title Thor has worn has come with its own powers, its own terrible responsibilities. But none of them will be enough to stop the Black Winter. To save the Ten Realms – the entirety of the Multiverse – the Odinson must become…something else

Black Cat #11 By McKay, Villa - Black Cat's Marvel U crime spree continues!This issue, Felicia Hardy is breaking into Stark Unlimited. Wait, Black Cat vs. Iron Man? I'm pretty worried. For Tony.

L5iRuvr.png

cdXElUV.png

GM3PPE5.png

November Vol 2 By Elsa Charretier, Fraction - One phone call for help and all hell breaks loose for three strangers connected by bad luck, a twist of fate, and a gun in a puddle of rain. In the middle of a dense criminal underworld, these strangers' lives collide on one fateful and bloody night in this epic novelistic thriller by MATT FRACTION and ELSA CHARRETIER, with colors by MATT HOLLINGSWORTH and stunning hand-crafted lettering by cartoonist KURT ANKENY. One night. One city. Three women. NOVEMBER.

Mirka Andolfos Mercy #2 By Mirka Andolfo - The first story arc of MIRKA ANDOLFO's Gothic tale comes to an end. Lady Hellaine finds a love interest…or is this just a part of her machinations? Who are the ruthless "hunters," and what are they tracking? And what's their relationship with whatever lies in the abandoned mines?

Adventureman #1 Bu Fraction, Terry and Rachel Dodson - In this WILDLY AFFORDABLE TRIPLE-LENGTH FIRST ISSUE, revisit how the legend of the greatest pulp hero of them all, ADVENTUREMAN, ended in a heartbreaking CLIFFHANGER with our hero facing execution at the vile hand of his ultra-nemesis BARON BIZARRE on the eve of the MACABRAPOCALYPSE...or did it?!? Eighty years after his apparent demise, single mother Claire and her Adventurefan son Tommy seem to be the only two people alive that remember the thrilling ADVENTUREMAN sagas...but from that memory burns THE SPARK OF RESURRECTION! WHERE HIS STORY ENDED...HER STORY BEGINS!

Monstress #28 By Liu, Takeda - Trapped in a burning city under siege, Kippa must survive against all the odds.

Sex Criminals #29 By Fraction, Zdarsky - Well it's too late to stop now, gang.

Die #11 By Gillen, Hans - Half the party is ruling a whole empire. The other half is on the run. Neither has it easy. There is nothing easy in this game, especially when the stakes get shockingly real. The most epic arc of DIE begins as it means to go on: messily.

Nailbiter Returns #1 By Williamson, Henderson - Sixteen of the world's worst serial killers were all born in the same small town—but Agent Finch and Sheriff Crane solved and buried that mystery.Didn't they? Violent copycat murders imitating the infamous Buckaroo Butchers have begun in Portland, Oregon, and if Finch wants the killings to stop, he'll have to team up with the daughter of the Nailbiter himself. A brand-new mystery begins in this EXTRA-LENGTH FIRST ISSUE!

Reaver #8 By Jordan, Henrichon - Breaker and Rekala are on the verge of finding out what's happened to the lost children of Haas Haaden, but the truth is far worse than they could have ever dreamed.

The Ludocrats #2 By Gillen, Rossingnol, Stokely, Bonvillian - How could we follow the startling first issue of LUDOCRATS? With issue two. Sometimes it doesn't pay to overthink these things. Herein, stuff of a ludicrous and oft entertaining character happens.

Dead Body Road : Bad Blood #1 By Jordan, Tiesma, Lopes - Bree Hale has left a lot behind in her life. Crime. The military. But she can't leave behind her own family, and when the local crime boss puts a hit out on her brother, there's nothing she won't do to save him. Absolutely nothing.

That Texas Blood #1 By Condon, Phillips - CRIMINAL colorist and first time solo artist JACOB PHILLIPS and writer CHRIS CONDON break onto the scene with a brand-new ongoing series! Like Paris, Texas gut-punched by No Country for Old Men, this mature neo-Western crime series kicks off when the search for a casserole dish leads to a dark and tense confrontation on Sheriff Joe Bob Coates' 70th birthday.

A Man Among Ye #1 By Philips, Cermak - High adventure on the high seas in the waning days of piracy, when men were men, and the best pirates were...women? Writer STEPHANIE PHILLIPS (Butcher of Paris, Descendent) and artist CRAIG CERMAK (Red Team, Voltron) bring to life the tale of Anne Bonny and Mary Read as they hoist the skull and crossbones, draw cutlasses, and seek a treasure that will make them legends. In an era when sailing with women was thought to be bad luck, Anne and Mary might just be the only people capable of saving the pirate way of life.

P2gXZy4.png

ueNjdYE.png

Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction Vol 8 By Inio Asano - Kadode and her friends to unwind from the stresses of college and living through an endless alien invasion.

Demon Slayer Vol 13 Koyoharu Gotouge - The strange shape-shifting demons Hatengu and Gyokko attack Tanjiro and his friends in the hidden village of swordsmiths. The Mist Hashira, Muichiro Tokito, engages the demons, but he'll need some help from Tanjiro and Genya, another Demon Slayer.

My Hero Academia Vol 24 By Kouhei Horikoshi - A new player emerges in the underground world of villains in the form of the Meta Liberation Army. Led by the CEO of the Detnerat Corporation, the MLA is preparing for a new metahuman revolution. In their eyes, the League of Villains is an obstacle to be removed, but Tomura and his band of miscreants aren't about to go down quietly. It's army versus league in all-out war, and dominance must be established.

Spy x Family Vol 1 By Tatsuya Endo - Master spy Twilight is the best at what he does when it comes to going undercover on dangerous missions in the name of a better world. But when he receives the ultimate impossible assignment-get married and have a kid-he may finally be in over his head!

The Promised Neverland Vol 15 By Shirai, Demizu - As Norman and his group prepare their plan to eradicate all of the demons, Emma searches for her own path. Can she find a way to create a new promise that achieves peace without resorting to violence?

Blank Canvas : My So-Called Artists Journey Vol 5 BY Akiko Higashimura - High schooler Akiko has big plans to become a popular mangaka before she even graduates, but she needs to get much better at drawing if she ever wants to reach her goal. Looking for an easy fix, she signs up for an art class, thinking all her problems will soon be solved. She's in for a surprise: her new instructor is a sword-wielding taskmaster who doesn't care about manga one bit. But maybe this unconventional art teacher is just what she needs to realize her dreams!

NaLhULv.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a manga (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot about AdventureMan

Also coming in June 2020:

846386._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Bleed Them Dry #1 June 24th

The year is 3333. Earth is in a state of recovery. Vampires are real, and though far less populous, they thrive alongside humans in the Japanese-engineered mega-city known as Asylum. People have come to understand that some Immortals are good, some are bad, and most navigate the world without incident. There is peace. That is…until now. Someone is brutally murdering vampires. And Detective Harper Halloway has been assigned to the case. To solve it, she'll have to unearth a much deeper truth: The future of humanity has been edited.

STL153826

RED HOOD OUTLAW #46 June 24th

Red Hood, Artemis, and Bizarro have their hands full-and until now they thought the biggest problem they had to face was the uprising of the Untitled during the political protests in Qurac! They're about to learn this ancient race might very well be the lesser of two evils when the Outlaws square off against one of the oldest and most dangerous threats in all the DC Universe! (We're not kidding-we know better than to say his name out loud! Yeah, he's that scary!) Meanwhile, Artemis has united with Mistress-but at what price? Bizarro meets... his mother? And Jason is forced to choose between Essence and Isabel if he's going to defeat the Untitled once and for all!

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Still on Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme and rather enjoying it! I like it when there's a proper extended cast in comics instead of the main cape just being broody and angsty for most of the book. (Though there's also a lot of brooding and angst in here too)

Some of the writing/takes are rather....80s, as one would expect. But you also get stupid sexy Strange.

AZehMvH.jpg

7RnmLsj.jpg

Rintrah is cool and we are running a gauntlet of all of Strange's Big Bads. Seems to be the first appearance of Mephista.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to re-read Transformers MTMTE but I'm afraid I'll hate it.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Read the first trade of Batgirl (2016-), by Hope Larson. Rafael Albuquerque's art is stunning as always and makes for a great action comic. Globetrotting, soul-searching martial artist Babs actually had some good shit in that storyline, but it was pretty shallow and didn't much deliver at all. Kai is a whatever character, her relationship to him seems superficial though it's attempted to be made as deeper although perhaps I just don't find Kai compelling, the antagonists are super goofy though they could've been serious, and her actual soul-searching is powerful, it's offset by all the goofiness and shallowness of the rest.

Albuquerque's art tho...lord have mercy.

Anyways on to volume 2.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway I've finally got out of my webcomic binge and started reading Violinist of Hamelin (where my avatar is from) and it's incredible. Hamel is such an asshole and I love it.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine having more than 123 posts.

Is More Than Meets The Eye the Transformers series that everyone raves about?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying Omega Men so far after 3 issues.

Also just threw $6(sale) at the first Invisible Kingdom trade by GWW on CMX. I hear good things and the second trade is arriving very soon.

Eyeballing Authority Omni on my IST wishlist. I know nothing about the team/WIldstorm. I mean I only really know some of these characters from the Grayson run. Any thoughts? I'm also a bit hesitant knowing Mark Miller takes over for Ellis pretty quickly.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Also just threw $6(sale) at the first Invisible Kingdom trade by GWW on CMX. I hear good things and the second trade is arriving very soon.

Eyeballing Authority Omni on my IST wishlist. I know nothing about the team/WIldstorm. I mean I only really know some of these characters from the Grayson run. Any thoughts? I'm also a bit hesitant knowing Mark Miller takes over for Ellis pretty quickly.

#1-#12 are some of the best cape comics ever. Pretend #13+ does not exist.

So my suggestion would be to get the first Absolute Authority if you are looking for a good collected edition.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Save your money and just buy this when it comes out:

Amazon.com: The Authority Book One (9781779502254): Ellis, Warren: Books

Amazon.com: The Authority Book One (9781779502254): Ellis, Warren: Books

It's too bad the Stormwatch collections are out of print though, because it leads to the Authority.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Volume 2 of Larson's Batgirl is much better. The Hyperfocus thing is weird, but I like that Larson is transitioning Babs into Oracle with the library sciences angle. Also the whole "gentrification via data mining" angle is pretty much Ben Percy's Nightwing before his Nightwing, only better given it feels like a better and more well executed focus (though to be fair Percy left because his run was sabotaged). Wildgoose on art is sort of a downgrade but this part has less action more dialogue so it still works. The emotional and character arcs here work so much better than the first volume because they feel developed and tonally stronger. Larson found her footing here and is executing her ideas.

Also Inaki Miranda needs more love.
I edited it with a higher quality image. This whole volume has had to do with apps and it's ludicrous.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I used to average 800-1000 posts a month. But like 400 posts were just this Olivia Wilde gif

giphy.gif

May 24, 2019
I;m on James Harvey's Instagram now and came across this:

fuuuuuuuuuuck

I guess it could still happen whenever DC want to get back into weirdo comics.

edit: Sorry for all these embeds, but he and Young Animal pitched a DK2 recolouring! Ahhh!

Though I do like how DK2 already looks. It kinda needs to be as freaky as possible. No point into trying to shine up and make cool what Frank was doing there.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Volume 2 of Larson's Batgirl is much better.
I read this as "Brie Larson's Batgirl" and now I"m disappointed.
I used to average 800-1000 posts a month. But like 400 posts were just this Olivia Wilde gif
I remember those days.
fuuuuuuuuuuck

I guess it could still happen if they want to get back to weirdo comics.
There is a bee stinging his butt.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017

I'd definitely recommend the Ellis Storm watch volumes if you aren't opposed to getting them on CMX. It's not essential, but 1.) It rules and 2.) you get more background to some of the Authority characters, namely Jenny Sparks.

And then once you're done with all that you can read The Wild Storm and cry because nothing else will ever come of the amazing new world Ellis created because people hate buying good comics.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watch Haikyu? Is this Bakugo voice actor?

Status
Not open for further replies.