• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Birds of Prey 2 shut down :(

I don't know this site, but I saw it a few times in other places.

Movies

Movie News, Previews, Trailers and Reviews! Get the Latest Information on We Got This Covered!

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
DC's Sandman line is pretty damn good.
Lucifer, Hellblazer and The Dreaming were all really strong. Too bad Spurrier's run on The Dreaming has ended and Lucifer moved to trades only

Black Label is a bit more mixed, but I am enjoying Lemire's The Question

I heard many good things about Hill House

I think it's just their mainline that isn't that hot, or rather, that it appears that it's not going in a direction that I like
Maybe thats the direction DC should go in. Build up all the non superhero titles and non DCU stuff.
They could give it funky name like 'Vertigo' or something.

Movies

Movie News, Previews, Trailers and Reviews! Get the Latest Information on We Got This Covered!
I never saw it but that first film looked so freaking awful, I'm not super surprised it flopped.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Movies

wegotthiscovered is notorious for its bad info and poor reporting. they could be right on this one, but i'd wait for a different source.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
nah, games are too long. hearing that last of us 2 is up to 30 hrs for some people just turns me off lol. Every game wants to dominate my system/PC for dozens/hundreds of hours now, it's exhausting.
I would rather have games that are longer than shorter. I am so glad weve move passed the time when we would get 6-10 games that cost $60. Now of course not every game needs to be 20-30 hours, but if you are going to do a tight 8 hour game, it better come with plenty of other things to do if your still going to charge $60 for it.

Speaking of games though, I was watching some of the new videos Square has put out for that new People Can Fly game Outriders. Its not what I was expecting lol. It looks like a Gears of War game, but an RPG or a Destiny like looter game. Kinda hate the character models, but everything else about the game sounds like something I would love. Just wonder if its going to end up being similar to that RAGE sequel, where the combat was great but the world was just empty, and didnt warrant the open world.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Movies

But it wasn't a flop

Birds of Prey grossed $84.2 million in the United States and Canada, and $117.7 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $201.9 million.

And it cost:

$84.5 million

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe thats the direction DC should go in. Build up all the non superhero titles and non DCU stuff.
They could give it funky name like 'Vertigo' or something.

I never saw it but that first film looked so freaking awful, I'm not super surprised it flopped.

The movie is actually really good thats the sad part about it. The trailers and marketing killed it. The action was so cool and fun. Harley and Canary were awesome

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So just to clarify, under no circumstance should I read Countdown to Final Crisis ahead of FC correct? I get it's disliked, but curious on more of the backstory on why to avoid it.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too worried about DC's quality right now since everything will be relaunching next year anyway.

My big issue with Yoshida is the endless events. I guess it's better than mega events that take up the whole line for months but it's exhausting seeing new stuff pop up constantly with a bunch of literally who tie-ins. It hasn't even been a year since Absolute Carnage and we're already being teased for the next big Venom event. X of Swords hasn't even has it's prelude issues out and they announced that the build up to the next big X-Men event would start at the end of the year (pre-COVID).

Also Knull's new name is Fuck from now on.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So just to clarify, under no circumstance should I read Countdown to Final Crisis ahead of FC correct? I get it's disliked, but curious on more of the backstory on why to avoid it.

Not only should you never read Countdown, it's safest to not even acknowledge it exists.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not too worried about DC's quality right now since everything will be relaunching next year anyway.

My big issue with Yoshida is the endless events. I guess it's better than mega events that take up the whole line for months but it's exhausting seeing new stuff pop up constantly with a bunch of literally who tie-ins. It hasn't even been a year since Absolute Carnage and we're already being teased for the next big Venom event. X of Swords hasn't even has it's prelude issues out and they announced that the build up to the next big X-Men event would start at the end of the year (pre-COVID).

Also Knull's new name is Fuck from now on.
Not to sound like a Cebulski fanatic, but Alonso wasn't much better

The span of time from Secret Wars, to Civil War 2, to Secret Empire, to Inhumans vs X-Men was insane.

Throw No Surrender in there as an Avengers line reboot somewhere as well.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The movie is actually really good thats the sad part about it. The trailers and marketing killed it. The action was so cool and fun. Harley and Canary were awesome
That is sad. All the trailers and promotion put me off massively.
I just want some really awesome Superman again.
It feels like it's been ages since a Superman run has got me excited.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

If DC had put Otto on Birds of Prey things might be different right now. I hope his secret book is a DC book. He fits those characters so much better.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I don't recall any Zatanna stories that could be adapted nicely into a single superhero movie, so I'll see what they can cook up
I wouldn't mind the Zatanna/Black Canary OGN being made into a film. I could see that working well. Hell, keeping Canary from BoP would be good as well (although I wasn't a big fan of BoP I thought she was good enough and she has been good in other roles).

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
www.cbr.com

REPORT: Warner Bros Moving Forward with Live-Action Zatanna Film

A Zatanna film is reportedly in the works at Warner Bros. as a project separate from JJ Abrams' upcoming Justice League Dark HBO Max series.

Yarooh!
"Directed and written by action horror master Uwe Boll..."

If DC had put Otto on Birds of Prey things might be different right now. I hope his secret book is a DC book. He fits those characters so much better.

Birds of Prey with Tamaki Birds of Prey with Tamaki Birds of Prey with Tamaki Birds of Prey with Tamaki

AchingLikelyGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gif

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Loot Crate sucks. I hate it. At some point I was subscribed to it, and now I have a bunch of stuff I don't want. Or never wanted. I'm mot a fan of these things. And now I just have a bunch of fucking stuff.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
New Harley digital story was good. Harley BW&R is two for two with me.

Loot Crate sucks. I hate it. At some point I was subscribed to it, and now I have a bunch of stuff I don't want. Or never wanted. I'm mot a fan of these things. And now I just have a bunch of fucking stuff.

Yeah I had the Halo one for a while and I'd only keep like 4 of the things it came with. Waste of plastic.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
New Harley digital story was good. Harley BW&R is two for two with me.

Yeah I had the Halo one for a while and I'd only keep like 4 of the things it came with. Waste of plastic.
When the specific ones became a trend, that was one thing. I'm talking the generic ones. I found a Hearthstone free pack code I never used, a Homer Simpson buddha, a Dr Who Sonic Spork, a Hydra pin, a pair of Shredder mask sunglasses, I know I have a Pikachu knit cap somewhere, a Bill and Ted shirt I gave to my friend...

Like what do I do with it? Throw it away? Sell it? I don't know. Give it away? Sunk cost fallacy, but also unique values?

I was one of those guys, man. You know what I mean. "Look, I got all this nerdy shit. Look at how nerdy I am." Just a hodgepodge of shit with no theme. No value. Just stuff. Such a trend in the mid-10s. Fake geek guy over here. I mean I had interests, but I tied my identity to my stuff, apparently.

Cleaning out my closet has literally lead me to an identity crisis that I'm not fond of.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Loot Crate sucks. I hate it. At some point I was subscribed to it, and now I have a bunch of stuff I don't want. Or never wanted. I'm mot a fan of these things. And
When the specific ones became a trend, that was one thing. I'm talking the generic ones. I found a Hearthstone free pack code I never used, a Homer Simpson buddha, a Dr Who Sonic Spork, a Hydra pin, a pair of Shredder mask sunglasses, I know I have a Pikachu knit cap somewhere, a Bill and Ted shirt I gave to my friend...

Like what do I do with it? Throw it away? Sell it? I don't know. Give it away? Sunk cost fallacy, but also unique values?

I was one of those guys, man. You know what I mean. "Look, I got all this nerdy shit. Look at how nerdy I am." Just a hodgepodge of shit with no theme. No value. Just stuff. Such a trend in the mid-10s. Fake geek guy over here. I mean I had interests, but I tied my identity to my stuff, apparently.

Cleaning out my closet has literally lead me to an identity crisis that I'm not fond of.

Depending on the item you can get a fair amount for some of them on eBay. I was debating on selling the full set of Noble Team figures but I'm just too lazy

I had a similar crisis of self not long ago. Stopped buying Funko after it. I'd rather get something nice that I have to save up for than cheap plastic. Hell, my move made me realize how much shit I honestly have haha

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
nah, games are too long. hearing that last of us 2 is up to 30 hrs for some people just turns me off lol. Every game wants to dominate my system/PC for dozens/hundreds of hours now, it's exhausting.
30 hours is too much? God damn, man. I used to frequently play JRPGs that were 70 hours plus. I generally don't like them to be too long these days, but 30-50 hours is that good shit. I like to get value for my money.
I don't want games to be shorter, but I'm tired of their development cycles being so fucking long.
I think a part of that is that studios just announce shit way too soon. Like, there were games revealed during the recent game shows that are scheduled for 2022. Way too soon.
I enjoyed it for what it was. It could have been better/worse.
www.cbr.com

REPORT: Warner Bros Moving Forward with Live-Action Zatanna Film

A Zatanna film is reportedly in the works at Warner Bros. as a project separate from JJ Abrams' upcoming Justice League Dark HBO Max series.

Yarooh!
I'd watch a Zatanna movie. Also I see what you did there.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Take it from a guy who didn't collect stuff because he was going for "minimalism". If you like it, keep it. People have useless shit in their house all the time. Not having anything just leads you to feel empty in a different way.

I think a part of that is that studios just announce shit way too soon. Like, there were games revealed during the recent game shows that are scheduled for 2022. Way too soon.

That's got nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm not talking about waiting, I'm talking development time. It takes too long to make these freaking games. Three year development time is cool, but seven years? No.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Depending on the item you can get a fair amount for some of them on eBay. I was debating on selling the full set of Noble Team figures but I'm just too lazy

I had a similar crisis of self not long ago. Stopped buying Funko after it. I'd rather get something nice that I have to save up for than cheap plastic. Hell, my move made me realize how much shit I honestly have haha
This is my problem. Probably gonna throw most of it away. Who cares? The plus side; it's making me reconnect with some of what I actually enjoy, so this is a nice thing. Like video games.
just saw a gaming side post where someone replaced fuck with knull
Outstanding
Take it from a guy who didn't collect stuff because he was going for "minimalism". If you like it, keep it. People have useless shit in their house all the time. Not having anything just leads you to feel empty in a different way.
Don't get me wrong, I collect things. I enjoy having stuff. It's an expression of self, but I'm talking about just having things just for the sake of having things that are relevant to nerd-pop-culture. It was a very trendy idea at the time in the mid-10s.
That's got nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm not talking about waiting, I'm talking development time. It takes too long to make these freaking games. Three year development time is cool, but seven years? No.
Part of the reason I got burnt out on gaming as a hobby. I couldn't imagine being excited for FFVII:R. Like, that took how long to come out? And KH3 took so long they made another game, an extra version of a game (Dream Drop DIstance plus episode of Aqua and extra cutscenes) and did multiple rereleases. Like fuck off. Meanwhile Platinum announces Astral Chain and drops that shit less than a year after. Bayonetta 3 got announced in like 2017 and still hasn't happened yet. At all.

I mean, I burnt out on gaming mostly because I treated it like a job that I didn't get paid for and I only cared about like 1/5th of the content coming out and could only afford even less, but still.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Why does it matter how long it takes to make a game? This seems like a really silly thing to complain about.

Konradleijon

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Any of you dislike Garth Ennis most of his work has lots of disgusting bullshit, but people say it's good because of critiques of Toxic masculinity , military industrial complex, and corporate culture,

but to get their you have to get through Edgelord bullshit, Implied and shown rape and lots of gorn.

to see his pretty obvious to me political points, yes Big corporations that have power over the government are bad, but did I really have show a dog trained to rape Superheros?

and Not!Superman rapeing a bunch of women?

It's like listening to someone given a pretty decent lecture, but between ever few sentences the Person speaking vomits for 5 minutes, before a few more sentences.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Any of you dislike Garth Ennis most of his work has lots of disgusting bullshit, but people say it's good because of critiques of Toxic masculinity , military industrial complex, and corporate culture
There was some stuff he did that I enjoyed. His Punisher MAX stuff was great. He did a sci-fi horror comic called Caliban that was pretty good. I wasn't a fan of Crossed, though. Crossed +100 by Alan Moore had some interesting aspects to it, though.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Any of you dislike Garth Ennis most of his work has lots of disgusting bullshit, but people say it's good because of critiques of Toxic masculinity , military industrial complex, and corporate culture,

but to get their you have to get through Edgelord bullshit, Implied and shown rape and lots of gorn.

to see his pretty obvious to me political points, yes Big corporations that have power over the government are bad, but did I really have show a dog trained to rape Superheros?

and Not!Superman rapeing a bunch of women?
I like some of his stuff, its clear he really doesn't like superheroes though.
Apart from Superman, oddly.

I have a fondness for Preacher though, as its clear Ennis really hates organised religion.
Of which we are in agreement 100%.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Why does it matter how long it takes to make a game? This seems like a really silly thing to complain about.

I'm gonna beat this game you took seven years to make in 70 hours. I want another? Cool. Wait another seven fucking years. Fuck that. Shorten these games so people don't have to spend forever working on them.

This is why I'll take Ubisoft's way of doing things over CDPR. The Witcher 3 is awesome but I love Origins and Odyssey almost as much, and I got them back to back.

Status
Not open for further replies.