• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
What a surprise! The robot hating woman is revealed to be a robot herself. That's truly a shocking revelation.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yar, to recap the announcements from today's Near Mint Condition announcements -- reprints of Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 and Captain America by Brubaker Vol. 1.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This week's episode of Doom Patrol. The guy who plays
Flex
is so pitch perfect. I wonder if the end is leading up to
Dannyland or Danny the World
?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I now regret buying statues of cool SMT demons because all my shit is breaking.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So Cates is out talking about the three new books hes doing for Image. The first is the one that weve seen the art of with the girl holding the big ass sword. Thats a God Country book with Dylan Burnett.

The one with Geoff Shaw will be announced this summer.

Cates: I'm doing a book with Geoff that we'll announce some time this summer. It's the biggest and craziest thing I've ever attempted in my life. The fact that it's so out there, and so big, and that it might not work, is one of the most exciting things I've ever been involved in. Like, I'm not gonna break Thor – I can try and be as crazy as I want to, but ultimately Marvel will make sure Thor is OK.

Then the last is one hes doing with his wife, who is doing the art for the book

And there's the book with Megan, that she's drawing. Dee Cunniffe is coloring that. He's also coloring my other book, which everyone thinks is called "God Hates Masks" cause I've put up teaser art with that phrase, but that's not the title. I haven't revealed the title of any of these yet. When I announce something, you'll know. I'm not known for being subtle. [laughs]

www.gamesradar.com

Donny Cates gears up to launch three new creator-owned series

"Making comics with your friends, there's no better life"

He also said that Marvel allows him to work on a certain number of creator owned books at a single time. So he had to finish Baby Teeth before moving on to another book.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Video game prices never really rose with inflation. They should be $100 compared to the 90's. Those $80 SNES RPGs would be over $130.

The inflation argument makes me vomit. Look, people's wages haven't kept up with inflation. Where's this extra money coming from? If games were $100, I just wouldn't buy games day one, full stop. This place's assumption that everyone's making $60k or more is wild.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Games are already €69.99 here so about $75-80 y'all have it easy.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So Batman and Robin Eternal is missing something that the first series had that I cant quite put my finger on. And No its not Batman lol. I dunno, the original series was able to keep me wanting to read that one more issue every time I dived in, and B&R just hasnt had the same effect. Maybe its due to not having a very compelling villain right out of the gate, with this Mother person, or maybe the mystery isnt as captivating. I dunno what it is yet. And hopefully that will change after I get further in.

Also hate the Red Hood in a hoodie look lol. So dumb.

Speaking of Jason, im still waiting for the IST shipment and have no idea what to even do at this point. IST said they are positive its coming, but I dont see how. I mean if theyve seen others with this exact same issue then sure I guess, but im not convinced.

Noice!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Wonder if something like Batman vs Aliens is going to get delisted. Kind of want to get that sooner or later heh.

May 24, 2019
I've spent over $100USD on Smash Bros with the DLC. Every single fighting, racing and sport game has season passes. Sure not everyone buys into that, but the cover price not going up in the last few gens is pretty much an illusion.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I said it in the original thread but unless I really want a game I have no problem waiting for $20-30 dollars digital so that doesn't really effect me at all. Still kinda sucks but honestly surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea if games do go to $70 I bet they see a lot of people start holding off for sales more so than they do now.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I've spent over $100USD on Smash Bros with the DLC. Every single fighting, racing and sport game has season passes. Sure not everyone buys into that, but the cover price not going up in the last few gens is pretty much an illusion.

Those aren't going away with this price increase. It's just trying to fleece more people out of money quicker.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
The trick is to not buy any DLC until it's on sale. Even then, I have no interest in Fire Emblem or Pokemon (if I had it) DLC which never goes on sale, so I don't care.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Found an old GamePro where they do console comparisons. You know it's old because they call the Wii the Revolution unironically. Just thought I'd share that here.
So Batman and Robin Eternal is missing something that the first series had that I cant quite put my finger on. And No its not Batman lol. I dunno, the original series was able to keep me wanting to read that one more issue every time I dived in, and B&R just hasnt had the same effect. Maybe its due to not having a very compelling villain right out of the gate, with this Mother person, or maybe the mystery isnt as captivating. I dunno what it is yet. And hopefully that will change after I get further in.

Also hate the Red Hood in a hoodie look lol. So dumb.

Speaking of Jason, im still waiting for the IST shipment and have no idea what to even do at this point. IST said they are positive its coming, but I dont see how. I mean if theyve seen others with this exact same issue then sure I guess, but im not convinced.

Noice!
The Red Hood vest hoodie goes away and back to the jacket soon

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it could be. it absolutely could be

though I did just get an IST package with packing peanuts instead of whatever they normally use that molds around the books. definitely dampened the pure sexual experience of opening an IST pack
you-cant-just-grab-me-thats-a-sex-crime.gif

May 24, 2019
Like, I know. I'm saying that's how you know it's old.

It's joke.

Having a laugh you humorless jerks

I have fond memories of the 1UP Show (EGM's mid 2000s internet video show) having a roundtable discussion with someone who'd returned from Japan with first hand experience with the Revolution controller, demonstrating with a remote control and some other office equipment.

Those were exciting days.

edit: I also remember first hearing about the Ultra 64 from watching the attract mode on a Killer Instinct arcade machine.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Then Microsoft released the Kinect and the "revolution" was never the same again lol

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
it could be. it absolutely could be

though I did just get an IST package with packing peanuts instead of whatever they normally use that molds around the books. definitely dampened the pure sexual experience of opening an IST pack
I haven't seen the vacuum foam packs in a good while now. Just the packing peanuts.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this Netflix show Warrior Nun is actually pretty good. I hadnt even heard about it till today, but I thought it was an anime lol.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I have fond memories of the 1UP Show (EGM's mid 2000s internet video show) having a roundtable discussion with someone who'd returned from Japan with first hand experience with the Revolution controller, demonstrating with a remote control and some other office equipment.

Those were exciting days.

edit: I also remember first hearing about the Ultra 64 from watching the attract mode on a Killer Instinct arcade machine.
Speaking from the perspective of someone who is not in games journalism/media: it was more fun to follow pre-2013
Holy shit, Tom King vs. Dean Cain lol

Salt and burn the Earth while we're at it goddamn King

Sounds like this Netflix show Warrior Nun is actually pretty good. I hadnt even heard about it till today, but I thought it was an anime lol.
There have been heavy Buffy comparisons.

I have to watch it now. They've trapped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.