• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Amazon fucked up my shit so bad

I preordered the Darksiders Genesis Collector's Edition NEW (came with the Strife statue) for PS4 on Feb 3. COVID caused a bunch of delays, so they asked me if it was okay to delay my order, or if I'd rather cancel it since they'd be unsure if they could fill it within a reasonable time. I said I'd take the delay.

Still hasn't shipped. So I said fuck it I'll cancel and reorder. Cancelled, there are no more of what I ordered on Amazon. Only third party sellers for double the price, unless I want it for XB1.

Which means I don't get what I wanted.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon fucked up my shit so bad

I preordered the Darksiders Genesis Collector's Edition NEW (came with the Strife statue) for PS4 on Feb 3. COVID caused a bunch of delays, so they asked me if it was okay to delay my order, or if I'd rather cancel it since they'd be unsure if they could fill it within a reasonable time. I said I'd take the delay.

Still hasn't shipped. So I said fuck it I'll cancel and reorder. Cancelled, there are no more of what I ordered on Amazon. Only third party sellers for double the price, unless I want it for XB1.

Which means I don't get what I wanted.
Damn dude that sucks. Sorry to hear it.
I feel I've been lucky with Amazon, not had any problems getting anything.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's both bad and incredibly petty.

EDIT: All he had to do was basically make a good Ms.America one shot and he'd come out on top but he had to do a bunch of "NOT MY AMERICA CHAVEZ" shit like explicitly make her straight.

Which is weird considering he stole the alt dimension stuff.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: All he had to do was basically make a good Ms.America one shot and he'd come out on top but he had to do a bunch of "NOT MY AMERICA CHAVEZ" shit like explicitly make her straight.

That character doesn't have a lot of luck.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

No one cared about America until Kieran Gillian became president

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I just finished the first episode of BNA and I think I might like it better then Beaststars. I definitely like the hand drawn look over the cgi stuff so we'll see as I go along. Colors were pretty great too. I feel like I need to see Promare now.

God I can't wait for her sketchbook of this stuff. I wish Sejic could've done a Tomb Raider/Wonder Woman book instead of just a few illustrations.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the first episode of BNA and I think I might like it better then Beaststars. I definitely like the hand drawn look over the cgi stuff so we'll see as I go along. Colors were pretty great too. I feel like I need to see Promare now.
oh fuck I forgot that went up. Guess I know what I'm watching tonight.

May 24, 2019
This is what i think of every time someone mentions 'The Brood'

Or Cronenberg if you're cool and old like me!

Here are a couple funny no-context panels from Batman: Gotham Nights #10
6M66L9Q.jpg

8CRF5q7.jpg

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Goldballs has a secondary mutation and starts creating facehugger eggs. Shenanigans ensue.
Please refer to him by his name, Egg.

So what's the deal with those comic character_ebooks twitter accounts?
Basically they started out as joke accounts that Roleplayed the characters but as they started interacting they started making friends and stuff and dropped the roleplay and now they're just regular users but they really like that one specific character

Cheers man. I bought the first 6 volumes of Flying Witch in a comixology sale over a year ago and only just got around to reading them and I fell in love with the story. It's just so damn nice and drama free. I'm gutted I have to wait until Feb for the next volume. There's 8 at the moment.

Komi Can't Communicate I stumbled on at Amazon one day and decided to try it. There's a little bit not to like about that one. One of the characters wants to be a dog and another gender fluid character could be handled better (It's never unpleasant. Just odd) but the overall niceness of everything is just so refreshing. I read the first volume and setup a Comixology sub straight away.

If anyone knows of other similar mangoes to these two I'd love to hear about them.

You might like My Roomie Is A Dino!! it's just, well, what the title says. A gyaru girl and her roommate is a dino and it's real cute and funny. 3 volumes out right now

Maybe Yotsuba? it's purely a slice of life comedy about a dad and his, like, 3 year old girl and their neighbors. Just everyday stuff

Girls' Last Tour follows two girls travelling through a post-apocalyptic world. There's some action scenes here and there but they're very few, it's mostly just a quiet story of these two girls talking to each other while they travel the land, and the meetings they have along the way. I really loved this book!! it's just 6 volumes.

LITERALLY

XMEN

BEFORE QUARANTINE

HOW ARE YALL FORGETTING IT WAS MAJOR ARC POINT BEFORE THE SPACE ARC AND WILL CLEARLY PLAY A PART
not everyone reads X-Men :) no need to shout

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Hey, my cartoon watchers, is Summer Camp Island good?

Basically they started out as joke accounts that Roleplayed the characters but as they started interacting they started making friends and stuff and dropped the roleplay and now they're just regular users but they really like that one specific character
Interesting. Thanks for the answer!

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Jen also posted a photo of Tifa, Cloud, and Aeris, suggesting they were in a throuple. So I mean. We're clearly doing whatever we want in this instance.
Every Final Fantasy party has big polycule energy and I'm looking forward to the wave of FFVIII poly fanart launched by the eventual FFVIII remake in 2047

stuckpixel

Dec 27, 2017
My Mom passed away a number of years ago and I had a bunch of stuff in the storeroom including a few boxes of comics from the late 80s. Finally went through it today with the intention of giving some to my seven-year-old son to encourage reading. That was a total nostalgia trip into my childhood for me. I found the first comic book that I ever bought, X-Men vs. Micronauts. I also found a few gems like the entire 12-issue series of Marvel Secret Wars and all the entire run sans one issue of Secret Wars II. I also found copies of original Watchmen 1 -4! The Secret Wars issues aren't in very good shape (I read the crap out of those as a kid). The Watchmen issues are in decent condition.

Any advice on what to do with the ones that are somewhat collectable like those? I looked online and the Secret Wars and Watchmen books have some value, but not sure in the condition they are in they would be worth much. Should I give them to my son? Should I buy some proper sleeves and store them properly for another 20 years? Try to sell them locally (after the pandemic is over)?

I am also kicking myself a bit because I had so many comics from the late 80s that I sold in the nineties. The entire original black-and-white TMNT series, first-press run Dark Nights, a bunch of Alan Moore V for Vendetta and Miracleman books (I did find a few Miracleman books today though). Ah well.

Oh, and my son? I gave him a few comics to look at and he leafed through the covers then went back to playing video games. My wife laughed at me :).

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My Mom passed away a number of years ago and I had a bunch of stuff in the storeroom including a few boxes of comics from the late 80s. Finally went through it today with the intention of giving some to my seven-year-old son to encourage reading. That was a total nostalgia trip into my childhood for me. I found the first comic book that I ever bought, X-Men vs. Micronauts. I also found a few gems like the entire 12-issue series of Marvel Secret Wars and all the entire run sans one issue of Secret Wars II. I also found copies of original Watchmen 1 -4! The Secret Wars issues aren't in very good shape (I read the crap out of those as a kid). The Watchmen issues are in decent condition.

Any advice on what to do with the ones that are somewhat collectable like those? I looked online and the Secret Wars and Watchmen books have some value, but not sure in the condition they are in they would be worth much. Should I give them to my son? Should I buy some proper sleeves and store them properly for another 20 years? Try to sell them locally (after the pandemic is over)?

I am also kicking myself a bit because I had so many comics from the late 80s that I sold in the nineties. The entire original black-and-white TMNT series, first-press run Dark Nights, a bunch of Alan Moore V for Vendetta and Miracleman books (I did find a few Miracleman books today though). Ah well.

Oh, and my son? I gave him a few comics to look at and he leafed through the covers then went back to playing video games. My wife laughed at me :).
sorry about your loss, pixel. that sounds like a real trip down memory lane. collecting comics is a real hassle unless you're way into it. i'd definitely go through and pick out some that are meaningful to you and put them aside to keep, just for memory's sake. after that, yeah, find a local comic shop that buys and try and make some cash. maybe even offer to take shop credit and take your son in to let him pick out some new comics for himself!

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel are reprinting the Brubakers Captain America omnibus vol 1

Last edited:

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I still need to finish Dorohedoro but I love Hayashida's art. For some reason, I stopped a couple episodes in even though I loved volume 1 of the manga.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Joe Casey really came out with a comic worse than the 2017 America.
Damn that hurts
LITERALLY

XMEN

BEFORE QUARANTINE

HOW ARE YALL FORGETTING IT WAS MAJOR ARC POINT BEFORE THE SPACE ARC AND WILL CLEARLY PLAY A PART
Nothing shall be remembered after the Crucible

I'd just dump them all locally because I don't like hassling

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Anything else getting one? Can't watch the vid now
No, they just resolicited the New Warriors omni for Feb, and the Uncanny X-Men Vol. 4 and the Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 reprints. Cap was the only big new omni. Uncanny X-Men Disassembled is also getting an OHC, but lol.

Im for sure getting New Warriors. Still hoping Thunderbolts gets resolicited soon. Doubt I will get the Cap omni now after just reading it a few months ago lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.