• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Posting Countdown gets you exiled from Comicera. This is a warning.
Alright noted.
At some point artists just say 'fuck anatomy'.
Lmao I can confirm this as an artist. After staring at something for to long you just say fuck it.

I have not watched Westworld to know of the quality, so I don't know if this is good or bad.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Westworld S2 killed the show but S1 works as a mini. Stop there. S3 is as bad as S2 but I stopped early and just watched a supercut on YT once it ended. Lol.
3 more seasons? Mega lol. The Other Nolan did Person of Interests on the other hand and it worked from end to end. Don´t let Bethesda too close to the scripts and we´ll be fine.

The ok Predator: Hunters III and the mediocre Alien vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood still have to finish under DH outside of the 2 film comics that still have to starrt. All are minis. Let all these finish out Marvel! And RIP Fire and Stone 3/Life and Death 2. Riddles Scott and now Marvel killed that one for good. Sigh.
avp.fandom.com

Fire and Stone

Fire and Stone is a comic book crossover event created by Dark Horse Comics in late 2014/early 2015. It consists of four separate 4-issue limited comic book series — one each for the Aliens, Predator, Aliens vs. Predator and Prometheus lines — plus the tie-in short story Aliens: Field Report and...
avp.fandom.com

Life and Death

Life and Death is a comic book crossover event created by Dark Horse Comics in 2016. It consists of four separate 4-issue limited comic book series — one each for the Aliens, Predator, Aliens vs. Predator and Prometheus lines — plus a one-shot finale, titled Prometheus: Life and Death - Final...
Prometheus_FS_Omega_insert.png
36d5d8aac106c3b20575bb2d6927db54.png

mag.jpg

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea Season 2 was the low point. I think they were just trying way to hard to trip up fans after Reddit figured out the twist to the first season before it finished lol. Season 3 was much better imo, especially with the new setting, but after season 2 people are never going to be happy with the show. I still think Westworld is great and cant wait for the next season.

Fallout could be a really great world for a tv show. Hell, they are also doing a Last of Us show lol. But, who knows what they plan on doing with it.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure a bunch of the writing staff departed the show and that's why the second season was so fucked.
This is true, but it also should be noted that this is normal. Writers/directors for TV typically only stick around for an episode anymore. But yeah, the best Westworld is typically written by both Nolan and Joy. The less they're involved, the worse it typically gets -- with some exceptions, depending on the individual writing teams' talent. But its also true that Nolan+Joy just haven't had as good of an idea for a full-season storyline since Season 1 and its showed pretty significantly.

ugqv3d7ng8x41.png

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Huh I could have sworn there was an episode with the Flash museum and a statue/mention of Barry. Maybe I'm thinking of Batman Brave and the Bold or something
"Flash and Substance" has the Grand Opening of the Flash Museum, but it's all just him. Wally is the only Flash. The theory is that S:TAS Flash is Barry, because he's voiced by someone else and his costume is slightly different (due to animation though), but in "Secret Origins" Superman is largely familiar with him already. In fact everyone pretty much knows each other, or at least about each other, save for J'onn and Diana.
Oh shit.
Sounds like it could be a Conan situation
Time for the next "No" series

-The big reveal of No Surrender was the return of Hulk
-The big twist of No Road Home was bringing Conan into the Marvel Universe proper, though that got spoiled by the Skrull issue of Aaron's Conan series proper getting released before the twist happened.
-The third one will have the xenomorphs and Predators getting moved in by The Challenger to win his final game.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

This is a nice interview

He says right now they are banking issues so there will be no delays on the return. He doesn't have a return date but it's coming.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Alright. Its time for me to confess. I enjoyed Countdown.

It wasn't good, it was stupid, but it was fun stupid. And some of the mini-series were just fun, no stupid involved.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Tyrant Rave

Dike Ruan rules. Put him on ASM. I see some of this ass art on that book and I wonder why not Dike.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't ignore anything. Final Crisis was the original story, it didn't have a lead-in. They created the lead-in later and people were wondering why it didn't connect. It wasn't his fault, Dan Didio never should've made CD to begin with.
Didn't he told them to not use the new gods because they were important in the story and so they couldn't contradict final Crisis

But then they did even gave them a miniseries lead in that contradicts final Crisis

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I forgot that Bludhaven blew up twice:
138M77a.jpg

Fuck that Armageddon 2001/Monarch mess till the end of time. This saga even unhinged the Wildstorm universe (!) but Captain Atom: Armageddon in itself ain´t bad:
I am so glad that we fully moved past this shit. This 1,5-decade tailspin essentially died with Countdown. What more can be said?

This was the last Zero Hour tie-in btw:
latest

Booster Gold Vol 2 is amazing.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't he told them to not use the new gods because they were important in the story and so they couldn't contradict final Crisis

But then they did even gave them a miniseries lead in that contradicts final Crisis

He didn't want them to use them because he wanted them to feel big and important when he brought them back.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I finished volume 8 of Flying Witch today and I have to say that it along with Komi Can't Communicate are my absolute fave comics of all time.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that Armageddon 2001/Monarch mess till the end of time. This saga even unhinged the Wildstorm universe (!) but Captain Atom: Armageddon in itself ain´t bad:
I am so glad that we fully moved past this shit. This 1,5-decade tailspin essentially died with Countdown. What more can be said?

This was the last Zero Hour tie-in btw:

This feels...uninformed? Like, DC wasn't in any kind of creative tailspin in the 90s. Post Zero Hour they put out some amazing comic books. In fact, 1994-2004 was probably their best period.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I finished volume 8 of Flying Witch today and I have to say that it along with Komi Can't Communicate are my absolute fave comics of all time.
thanks for the recommendations, hellers! i love your taste in comics. i definitely need to make time for these...

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

something about spilling seed on the ground
Maybe he meant "Knull is Coming ON Earth?"

Knull: Planet Bukakke
Marvel got the Aliens and Predator licenses from Dark Horse. That is some huge news.

www.ign.com

Marvel Comics to Launch Alien Series in March 2021 - IGN

Marvel Comics has revealed its first ongoing series set in the Alien universe, with Alien #1 launching in March 2021.
WOW. Dark Horse has been losing so many of their biggest licenses. It's a good thing they've already been diversifying more into collectibles and art books, because their comic business has been getting decimated.

tenor.gif

And people complained about more competition for Diamond.

Maybe Diamond is running the promotional campaign to help retailers pay these new, higher shipping rates.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
thanks for the recommendations, hellers! i love your taste in comics. i definitely need to make time for these...

Cheers man. I bought the first 6 volumes of Flying Witch in a comixology sale over a year ago and only just got around to reading them and I fell in love with the story. It's just so damn nice and drama free. I'm gutted I have to wait until Feb for the next volume. There's 8 at the moment.

Komi Can't Communicate I stumbled on at Amazon one day and decided to try it. There's a little bit not to like about that one. One of the characters wants to be a dog and another gender fluid character could be handled better (It's never unpleasant. Just odd) but the overall niceness of everything is just so refreshing. I read the first volume and setup a Comixology sub straight away.

If anyone knows of other similar mangoes to these two I'd love to hear about them.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought statues today but they were SMT demons instead of anime girls.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time Marvel did anything with The Brood? Now that they straight up have the Xenomorph maybe they'll just use those lol

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah the FuRyu Real Figure line of Shin Megami Tensei demons are incredible. They perfectly capture the essence of Kazuma Kaneko's art.

I'm a bit disappointed you didn't buy that $400 Maara figure that FREEing made.

I may be a MegaTen diehard but I draw that line at proudly display a $400 statue of a giant green cock riding a chariot.

I trusted you, doggo.

Status
Not open for further replies.