• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck are they so obsessed with this shitty book.

ZSyrHH4.png

Perpetually outside the top 10....

🤩

They should mix it up. Maybe next time Babs can get crowbarred and Jason gets shot.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Got my new shelf set up and moved all my books over to it. My Grandparents had gotten them at an auction and they ended up being perfect size for omnis.

Ive got all my trades and standard size HCs on my Ikea knockoff in my room now, which dont deserve to be displayed lol.
beautiful shelf. beautiful thread.

Last edited:

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stargirl had one of its best episodes yet this week. I should really read the book sometime since I have no idea who some of these characters are lol.
Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E was a fun series. It's certainly possible that it shares more in common with the show than I remember, but IIRC it doesn't really focus on the Injustice Society or the JSA. It's been about a decade since I read it, but I remember it being mostly just Courtney and Pat in dealing with things happening around the school.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E was a fun series. It's certainly possible that it shares more in common with the show than I remember, but IIRC it doesn't really focus on the Injustice Society or the JSA. It's been about a decade since I read it, but I remember it being mostly just Courtney and Pat in dealing with things happening around the school.
Yea Ive got no idea. Just read an article about this week's episode talking about how closely it was following the book, BUT they could have been talking about the actual John JSA book, rather than Stars and STRIPE. I havent read either lol.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yea Ive got no idea. Just read an article about this week's episode talking about how closely it was following the book, BUT they could have been talking about the actual John JSA book, rather than Stars and STRIPE. I havent read either lol.
Honestly, the show makes me want to revisit Stars and STRIPE anyway as it's so good (the same can be said about the JSA which around 2003-2004 was probably a top-20 of all time run for me).

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot I even made that one. 😂
Vic's the tallest of all
cj1jivV.png
Dr. Viper posting live from the OR.
Messi's body is partially made of manga, so I think so.
That man's got legs like stacks of manga.
Goddamned: The Virgin Brides #1 (which didn't make the OP?)
I've never even heard of it.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Jesus, halfway done with 2020. Christ this year feels like a decade compressed.
Unrelated to the show but
I wonder how they'll handle her returning to the DCU since it's confirmed that Alan is gay in the main universe now. Assuming she returns at some point.
She was in Doomsday Clock so she is back in canon. The way to handle it is fairly simple: Alan is closeted gay, and married a woman. That's not at all abnormal for the time period he was in. You could definitely get some interesting storytelling with Alan as a man struggling to come to terms with his sexual orientation, his son Obsidian who is out and proud as a gay man, and Jade who is straight and has to deal with her dad being gay. That kind of family drama is part of the JSA since Johns.

Edit: Here's the page

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Got my new shelf set up and moved all my books over to it. My Grandparents had gotten them at an auction and they ended up being perfect size for omnis.

Ive got all my trades and standard size HCs on my Ikea knockoff in my room now, which dont deserve to be displayed lol.

Nice collection!

Missing Shadowlands Omni though! ;p

Mar 17, 2019

It's a splash page, which I hope fans will find very cool and powerful, a clear and brave statement about the future of the Marvel

Curiosity over this is going to be bug my for the next few months.

I haven't seen much other than negative stuff about Empyre but I loved the Avengers issue. Seems like a fun setup and the art and colors gorgeous.

I also haven't seen anyone talking about Hickmans Decorum. The artwork is amazing and some of the design work is very reminiscent of the designs in Jodorowskys Dune.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I was interested in reading more about Stargirl so I got the first Johns JSA and some of those references aged pretty bad. I think it's maybe the first issue where she gets into a fight and asks for a Backstreet Boys CD from the older heroes when she helps them out lol. It's definitely an early 2000's book.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen much other than negative stuff about Empyre but I loved the Avengers issue. Seems like a fun setup and the art and colors gorgeous.

I also haven't seen anyone talking about Hickmans Decorum. The artwork is amazing and some of the design work is very reminiscent of the designs in Jodorowskys Dune.
The prelude seems to have been liked and we'll see how the rest of the story goes.

On Lobdell:

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017

She was in Doomsday Clock so she is back in canon. The way to handle it is fairly simple: Alan is closeted gay, and married a woman. That's not at all abnormal for the time period he was in. You could definitely get some interesting storytelling with Alan as a man struggling to come to terms with his sexual orientation, his son Obsidian who is out and proud as a gay man, and Jade who is straight and has to deal with her dad being gay. That kind of family drama is part of the JSA since Johns.

Edit: Here's the page

I thought I'd seen her there. I know there are ways to handle it, I'm just curious what DC does.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im guessing its the kid that asked her to the dance. But that could be totally wrong too lol.

Wait, you mean
Icicle Jr
?

Is Jade

That's what I was thinking, but I could also see Johns using someone like Jessica Cruz as well.

Right, all you have to do is look at what they've done with Larry on Doom Patrol.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I was definitely wrong. Both Berserk Vol. 5 and Absolute Fourth World are still in stock on IST. Maybe printing is getting back to normal? At least for Dark Horse, I guess. Fourth World probably isn't as high-demand as books from other weeks have been.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I was definitely wrong. Both Berserk Vol. 5 and Absolute Fourth World are still in stock on IST. Maybe printing is getting back to normal? At least for Dark Horse, I guess. Fourth World probably isn't as high-demand as books from other weeks have been.
Yeah like with Omega Men.... :<

Speaking of which I heard back from IST on substituting what would have been that with the first deluxe volume of Descender's (this has been on my to buy list for a while). So, yeah I'll be getting that now.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah like with Omega Men.... :<

Speaking of which I heard back from IST on substituting what would have been that with the first deluxe volume of Descender's (this has been on my to buy list for a while). So, yeah I'll be getting that now.
awesome choice, valdei. decenders is great.

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I started up Future Fight.

There's a RED She-Hulk? And she uses a SWORD? I've never felt so pandered to. Does she show up in any decent comics or is she just cool to look at?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, as much as I loved the Rocafort art on Red Hood, the Dexter Soy art is also amazing. Just flipping through the trades and man. Theres this team up with the characters from Tec and the Suicide Squad that looks like itll be so much fun.

Then they switch to the newer paper for the Outlaw trades. I dunno, sometimes this paper really works for me and sometimes it doesnt. I guess it just depends on the art style and coloring.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Oh crap I knew I forgot to do something today! (Ordering Berserk 5 now)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Fantastic Four #0: Empyre is not so good lol. Dont think its out until next week tho.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I started up Future Fight.

There's a RED She-Hulk? And she uses a SWORD? I've never felt so pandered to. Does she show up in any decent comics or is she just cool to look at?
I couldn't tell you

She's Betty Ross, daughter of Thunderbolt Ross. Dunno about the sword, but she's in Immortal Hulk right now, but she's not really She-Hulk. She's very different. I dunno.

Hulk comics. There was a lot of Hulks at one point.
Just didnt think it was the right time to rock a Red Hood avatar after Lobdell getting outed again.

I had another Nightwing one I was gunna use, but I wanna adjust it a bit more for next time.
Nightwing Year One Deluxe Edition dropped today

And I'm the only one that cares!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Nightwing Year One Deluxe Edition dropped today

And I'm the only one that cares!
lol. I would buy it if I knew DC was going to put the rest of Dixon's Nightwing run out again in some form. Ive been waiting for someone to put the original trades on eBay, but it seems like theres a few volumes that are harder to come by than others.

(I bought them all digitally, but ive been coming around on buying physical trades recently, and Dixon's Nightwing is on the top of my list, along with the 3 Cassandra Cain Batgirl trades)

dan slott?

more like

dan snott
I was gunna say somethin, but then I figured we would get to it when the issue came out lol. But yea, I figured Dan Slott fans would be thrilled to see the issue sounds like a turd.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
lol. I would buy it if I knew DC was going to put the rest of Dixon's Nightwing run out again in some form. Ive been waiting for someone to put the original trades on eBay, but it seems like theres a few volumes that are harder to come by than others.

I was gunna say somethin, but then I figured we would get to it when the issue came out lol. But yea, I figured Dan Slott fans would be thrilled to see the issue sounds like a turd.

Honestly I came up with that brilliant joke a few days ago but finally had an excuse to post it.

(I'll still be buying the issue and judging it myself)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I came up with that brilliant joke a few days ago but finally had an excuse to post it.

(I'll still be buying the issue and judging it myself)
lolol. Yea im going to get it, even if only for Silva's art, and to see how the FF are being positioned for the event.

I just hope that this isnt a sign for what is to come from Slott's involvement lol. Hopefully hes letting Ewing run the show and is only providing support when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.