• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
JgVjIdh.png

Thread created by a bunch of morons, don't start! Corona pushed all the jumps to August.
em4x2f4.png

uGD3qQp.png

I0rMRbV.png

Dark Knights : Death Metal #2 By Snyder, Capullo - Get ready to scream! Wonder Woman roars across the horrifying Dark Multiverse landscape in the world's most demented monster truck, with Swamp Thing riding shotgun! The two arrive at the ghoulish cemetery base of Batman and his army of zombies, but can the former friends stand each other long enough to form a plan and take back the planet? Plus, what's Lobo doing in space? Don't miss the second chapter of the wildest ride in the DC Universe, from the epic team of writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo!

Batman #94 By Tynion, March - The Designer's machinations have left Batman's life in tatters! Gotham City's ambitious rebuilding has skittered to a halt as new powers are rising to shape its destiny-and Batman is powerless to stop them! With no Alfred or Bat-Family to lean on, the Dark Knight stands alone against the ascendance of his greatest adversary!

Batman #95 By Tynion, Jimenez - It was always going to come to this. The Clown Prince of Crime and the Dark Knight Detective go head-to-head for the last time. The Joker has never wanted to win before, he's never wanted his battle with Batman to end, but now his motivation has shifted. He has decided that one way or another, this will be the final chapter to their story. "Joker War" begins here!

Strange Adventures #3 By King, Gerads, Shaner - Mr. Terrific is back on Earth, and he's making things hot for Adam Strange-but he also might get a little burned himself! The conflict is out in the open now, and the court of public opinion doesn't play fair. Mr. Terrific was picked to investigate the accusations against Adam Strange because he was the most impartial member of the Justice League-but can even he keep all of this from getting personal?
Plus, as we witness more of Adam's adventures in outer space, will his version of events jibe with the facts, or will they continue to drift further apart?

Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen #12 By Fraction, Lieber - Whoa - is that what I think it is? If I'm reading this solicitation text correctly, we made it to issue #12! Mazel tov! Party time! If you see Matt and Steve at the next convention, go buy them a drink because I have no idea how we made it this far! No, wait, I do - it's all thanks to you guys! In this final issue, with the Daily Planet on the ropes, Jimmy learns something about it that'll change everything forever.

Nightwing #72 By Jurgens, Cliquet - Dick Grayson has learned the truth: that "fixing" his identity lies with none other than Barbara Gordon. He must go to Gotham to find Batgirl-and runs into The Joker's new henchperson, Punchline. Unlike Harley Quinn, Punchline's deadpan black humor matches the deadly knives she uses on her victims...and for her next joke, Ric Grayson is the punchline.

Batgirl #47 By Castellucci, Rodriguez - Knock knock! Who's there? The Joker. The Joker who?
The Joker who's here to have a nice chat with Barbara Gordon! Don't miss this devastating tie-in to "Joker War"!

Amethyst #4 By Amy Reeder - Princess Amy's mission takes her and her companions directly into the heart of Dark Opal! But the answers Amethyst finds will change everything she thought she knew about the nature of Gemworld!

Shazam! #13 By Johns, Eaglesham - He's baaaaaaack! The greatest kid superhero ever faces the worst teen supervillain as Billy Batson and the Shazam family confront Superboy Prime. Superboy Prime has the powers of Superman and none of his heroic morality-can even Shazam stop the most powerful threat he and his family have ever encountered?

Suicide Squad #7 By Taylor, Redondo - Annnnd he's out! With a pardon in his pocket, Deadshot walks away from the Suicide Squad in hopes of reuniting with his daughter, Zoe, and making things right at last.But you can't outrun your past when it's still looking to kill you, and their family reunion quickly takes a turn for the deadly. To whom can Deadshot turn when he's left behind everyone who once had his back?

Wonder Woman #759 By Tamaki, Janin - It's a brand-new day for Wonder Woman! As Diana starts to pick up the pieces of her life following her battle with the Four Horsewomen and her run-in with the Phantom Stranger, Man's World has become more complicated to navigate than ever before. It seems everyone has a take on who Wonder Woman should be - some who look on her heroics with admiration, and some who lie in wait to seek revenge. A familiar threat is watching Diana's every move, and now is the perfect time to strike...

Superman #23 By Bendis, Maguire - With Superman's secret identity suddenly revealed to the world, many in his life are worried that he has been tricked or duped into destroying his own privacy! All the more worrisome is Superman has been very susceptible to mysticism. Could all this madness be magic related? It's time to call the doctor... Dr. Fate!

Dga24yZ.png

cikjpGQ.png

Psmw1OO.png

Empyre #1 By Ewing, Slott, Schiti - The Kree and the Skrulls have united under a new emperor - and their war fleet is on a collision course for our world. On the moon, the Avengers are ready to strike with the full power of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Approaching from outer space, the Fantastic Four are seeking a diplomatic solution. If the two teams can't work together to save the day, things can only get worse...

Captain Marvel #18 By Thompson, Smith - In the throes of war, Carol finds herself with a bold new role - and a brand-new weapon - the Universal Weapon, in fact. When a Kree soldier bombs a unified city of the Empire, Emperor Hulkling sends his new Accuser to bring down the swift and necessary hammer of justice. But what at first seems like a relatively simple directive will end up challenging Carol on a personal level she had never imagined.

Giant Size X-Men Magneto #1 By Hickman, Perez - Magneto! Krakoa may be only for mutants, but mutants still need to deal with the human world around them. Magneto has a plan for that.

Immortal Hulk #35 By Ewing, Hawthorne - The war with the Minotaur is over - and a grateful humanity knows who saved them all. Can Shadow Base come out of the shadows? Can the world believe in Bruce Banner? Can there be a happy ending... for the IMMORTAL HULK?

Daredevil #21 By Zdarsky, Checchetto - For weeks, Hell's Kitchen has been a lawless neighborhood thanks to the Stromwyn siblings, but as the police are finally able to resume their patrols, they're quick to find that they aren't the only ones interested in keeping the Kitchen safe. Meanwhile, as Matt Murdock continues to struggle with how best to appease his sense of justice after the events of the past several weeks, a familiar enemy takes root in Hell's Kitchen...

New Mutants #11 By Brisson, Flaviano - Helping young mutants in crisis ain't all sunshine and rainbows - and recently, it's been downright nightmarish. But maybe the NEW MUTANTS' luck is changing..

Wolverine #3 By Percy, Kubert - The Flower Cartel and the Pale Girl seem to be one step ahead of Wolverine, but he has a plan. It's a risky gamble that will take him into the heart of a larger criminal conspiracy even as it puts many mutant lives at risk.
Amazing Spider-Man #45 By Spencer, Casanovas - SIN-EATER is back and New York City is in TROUBLE. Who will the shotgun-toting villain target, and can Spider-Man stand a chance against him?

X-Factor #1 By Williams, Baldeon - MUTANTS HAVE CONQUERED DEATH! By the grace of The Five, the resurrection protocols can bring back any fallen mutant. But such a huge enterprise isn't without its problems and complications... When a mutant dies, X-Factor is there to investigate how and why to keep the rules of reincarnation.

X-Men #10 By Hickman, Yu - The Summers family has grown a Krakoan home on the moon. Now some new neighbors have moved in.

Empyre Avengers #1 By Zub, Magno - With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far-off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka-Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?

Amazing Spider-Man : Sins Rising Prelude #1 By Spencer, Sanna - Who is the Sin-Eater, and why is it so terrifying that he's back? Nick Spencer pulls back the curtain on one of the most dangerous Spidey villains in history. We will not only reveal more of Sin-Eater's secret history but put him on a collision course with Spider-Man that will have you quaking in your seat.

LVGBVun.png

uTBQpAl.png

Lqw6dE4.png

Low #23 By Remender, Tocchini - NEW STORY ARC! "LIGHT BRINGS LIGHT": Part One-The final arc of LOW begins here! Salus rises. The Burnt Legion attacks. Stel Caine faces the greatest challenge to her hope yet: the rage of her daughter, the Helmswoman Della. It all leads to these final four issues, lovingly rendered by legendary art team GREG TOCCHINI & DAVE MCCAIG!

Mirka Andolfo's Mercy #4 Bu Mirka Andolfo - Just when Goodwill needs her most, Lady Hellaine is on the verge of collapse! Will unexpected help from an unlikely ally be enough to turn the tide? Place your bets: it's time to unveil the identity of the infamous Woodsburgh Devil, and if you thought the end of the previous issue was shocking, well-think again! You're in for a hell of a ride, fellas.

Chu #1 By Layman, Boultwood - "THE FIRST COURSE," Part One-TONY CHU is a cibopath, able to get psychic impressions from what he eats. SAFFRON CHU is a cibopars, able to learn secrets from who she eats with. Tony is a cop. Saffron is a criminal. They are brother and sister, and they are on a collision course. Spinning out of the multiple Eisner Award-winning and New York Times bestselling series CHEW comes CHU, a felonious new food noir about cops, crooks, cooks, and clairvoyants.

Adventureman #2 By Fraction, The Dodsons - The mysterious disappearance of the original Adventureman gets a little more complicated when, in the modern era, single mom Claire Connell stumbles into his legacy. But with the adventuremantle come untold dangers from those who would seek to destroy it!

Bitter Root #9 By Walker, Brown, Greene - While searching for Adro, the Sangerye family find themselves trapped in a southern town full of jinoo that want them dead. Meanwhile, in New York, Blink faces a horror beyond imagination. Sylvester realizes the true nature of Adro, but will he survive long enough to do anything about it?

Die #12 By Gillen, Hans - "THE GREAT GAME," Part Two-Designer Sid Meier described games as a series of interesting decisions. "May you live in interesting times" is a curse. Both things are true, and both are true here.

Monstress #29 By Liu, Takeda - On the battlefield, Maika confronts the ghosts of Constantine and Kippa tries to make amends.

Middlewest #18 By Young, Corona - SERIES FINALE - The missteps of the past meet an uncertain future as the roving monster that Dale has been confronts the ruinous behemoth that Abel has become.

Sex Criminals #30 By Fraction, Zdarsky - Original Series Artist CHIP ZDARSKY returns for our FINAL ISSUE except for the one issue that comes next that's like a coda or reprise or something classy like whatever the WICDIV guys called it.

Black Magick #12 By Rucka, Scott - NEW STORY ARC! "ASCENSION I," Rowan Black is a cop. Rowan Black is also a witch. Throughout her life, she has struggled to keep these things separate. Now, the walls are beginning to crumble, and Rowan - alienated from her friends, under investigation on the job, and stalked by mysterious forces who are literally hell-bent on using Rowan's power for their own benefit - is on the verge of crumbling with them. And if these combined forces don't manage to destroy Rowan-she might just destroy herself first.

Death or Glory #11 By Remender, Bengal - SERIES FINALE - Glory, Red, and (what's left of) the gang finally make it to their "Promised Land," but waiting for them are legions of killers hellbent on stopping them. This can only end one way...with death or glory!

Pulp OGN By Brubaker, Phillips - Max Winters, a pulp writer in 1930s New York, finds himself drawn into a story not unlike the tales he churns out at five cents a word-tales of a Wild West outlaw dispensing justice with a six-gun. But will Max be able to do the same when pursued by bank robbers, Nazi spies, and enemies from his past?

u0nE3b2.png

ojPZH33.png

Demon Slayer Vol 14 Gotouge - Tanjiro's sword is still not ready. The swordsmith Haganezuka tries to concentrate on finishing while Tanjiro and his friends engage the two upper-rank demons, Hantengu and Gyokko, in a ferocious battle. Hantengu continues to create different forms to attack the Demon Slayers. Meanwhile, the Mist Hashira Tokito regains his memories of the past and confronts Gyokko, but what will these memories reveal?

Dr Stone Vol 12 By Inagaki, Boichi - The Kingdom of Science is now in uncharted waters! Motivated to find out the meaning behind the cryptic message they intercepted, Senku and a select few prepare for a long overseas voyage. And what they find on the first stop on their journey might provide a clue behind the mysterious petrification that ended civilization!

Haikyu!!! Vol 39 By Furudate - It's Little Giant versus Little Giant in the quarterfinal game against Kamomedai, and the Little Giant of the past that both Hinata and Korai look up to is watching in the stands! Karasuno struggles against Kamomedai's iron-tough defense, as their blockers are just as infamous as Date Tech's, if not more! Will Karasuno find a way to open a hole in Kamomedai's wall?

Kaguya Sama : Love is War Vol 15 By Akasaka - Turns out confessing your feelings is the easy part of a romantic relationship... Next you have to figure out how to behave in a relationship. Kaguya retreats behind the protective ice shield she built to protect herself years ago. Miyuki believes only an ideal version of himself is worthy of love. Ai/Haski, as usual, is caught in the middle. Will our two not-star-crossed lovers ever learn to let go and just be...?
Before you can love someone else, you have to love yourself.

No Guns Life Vol 6 By Karasuma - Andy Wachowski was the genius who developed the basic theory of Extension technology. But once he saw what became of his creation he turned against it, becoming the leader of the anti-Extended terrorist organization Spitzbergen. Now, in an attempt to control Juzo Spitzbergen threatens Tetsuro. Berühren's Resolvers Pepper and Gun Slave Unit Seven are after Juzo as well. Juzo has plenty of cases to deal with now-it's just too bad he's not getting paid for any of them!

Beastars Vol 7 By Itagaki - Red deer Louis has always been the prime candidate for Cherryton Academy's next Beastar, but now he has dropped out of school to run a gang of lions! When his greatest rival, gray wolf Juno, tries to convince him to return to school, their relationship takes an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, gray wolf Legoshi's relationship with dwarf rabbit Haru is changing too. Will they grow closer or farther apart? Then, Legoshi is blindsided by a huge, mysterious assailant! What new skills will he need to learn to protect himself, let alone his friends...?

NaLhULv.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a Shonen Jump (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I feel like I have so much power being here earlier than usual.

Support your local library!
Comics are good!
You can't ban me for not being a giant!

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Also Teenage Fansub since last thread was locked

B&RE was disappointing for me in that (and I'll spoil it since Vic is reading it fresh)
the pitch was that the Robins have to unite to figure out a mystery from their past. Since the status quo is that there really isn't a Robin. Dick is presumed dead and his identity burned, so he's Agent 33 at Spyral; Red Hood is globetrotting with Arsenal; Tim is leading the Teen Titans as Red Robin, within continuity having never taken the Robin mantle; Damian has left Gotham since Bruce is an amnesiac and Gordon is Batman, to do some adventuring and soul searching or whatever.

The problem is that, the Robins aren't together. Dick is with Cass and Harper, all three of them effectively the main characters of the book; Tim and Jason are on a side mission that goes so far off course you don't even realize it's supposed to connect or that you're supposed to care until the actual very end; and Damian doesn't show up until the very last few issues to help save the day. They fail to really be together. It's got an interesting twist (the child soldier grooming), but the book's pitch succeeds in hooking but fails to fulfill. It's still fun. Great character work, fun action, lovely chemistry, though the plot drags in areas, the book still manages to keep me hooked.

But it still bummed me out.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
There was a serious glitch with the Who Replied tally system for last month.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Got my new shelf set up and moved all my books over to it. My Grandparents had gotten them at an auction and they ended up being perfect size for omnis.

Ive got all my trades and standard size HCs on my Ikea knockoff in my room now, which dont deserve to be displayed lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Power didnt even make the Op lol

Its got that Samee art too

EDIT: Looks like issue 1 is coming tomorrow too! Weird.

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So Supergirl #42....was pretty solid. Too bad they didn't get a longer run. Really good team for a longer run

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I am abusing my administrative authority to post up in here despite being merely 6'.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

Nrama: Without being too spoiler-y, what's on your drawing board right now?
Schiti: Today is a very special day: believe it or not I just completed the last page of the sixth and last book of Empyre.

It's a splash page, which I hope fans will find very cool and powerful, a clear and brave statement about the future of the Marvel Universe.

Curiosity over this is going to be bug my for the next few months.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
joke about abusing your authority while abusing your authority brehs
You see, if I lock the thread, I am the tallest poster by default, as only I can post in locked threads, unless there's a taller staff member that comes by and wanted to post. Really, it all makes perfect sense.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck are they so obsessed with this shitty book.

ZSyrHH4.png

Vic's the tallest of all
cj1jivV.png

Perpetually outside the top 10....

Got my new shelf set up and moved all my books over to it. My Grandparents had gotten them at an auction and they ended up being perfect size for omnis.

Ive got all my trades and standard size HCs on my Ikea knockoff in my room now, which dont deserve to be displayed lol.

🤩

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck are they so obsessed with this shitty book.

ZSyrHH4.png
What drives me mad is how fixated artists are on the sexual violence part of the book and not, like, that the book is awesome and filled with visually striking moments without that garbage.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Stargirl had one of its best episodes yet this week. I should really read the book sometime since I have no idea who some of these characters are lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.