• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
D_oH64JVAAAE6gi.jpg:large

Another DCeased cover. Variant?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Congratulations speculators, you got played. Watch this shit be nothing.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Dammmmn another 1500+ page brick Omni lol. DC really loves releasing them, the Bronze Age Jack Kirby omni coming next week is a behemoth as well!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How would you like to be the UPS guy who has to carry the boxes with multiples of those lol.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
So it's SDCC time, which comes with my usual 'come over and say hi if you're there, Era fam' post.

This year I'm debuting a Trumps style card game and three new books, including my 4-short story anthology, Deadlier Than, for the first time in the US. It's essentially 3 short comics with 1 prose fable, all women driven fantasy/sci-fi tales with themes of self worth, identity, disability, privilege and mental health.

fb_img_1536794311482.jpg

prev2.png

screenshot_20190716-231731_adobe-acrobat.jpg

We've been co-signed by a few industry names, including Kieron Gillen, Rhianna Pratchett (who wrote the foreword), Heather Antos and Leah Moore, so feel free to swing by table P-09 (small press) to check it out. We're the only two black Brit creators in that area, so we're pretty easy to spot...

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

Paradax

Jun 1, 2018
Marvel rejected Steve Rude's offer to draw a monthly book. Alledgely because they could not afford to pay him. Makes you wonder if Rude demanded too much money... or if Marvel pays a pittance to every non-exclusive creator.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Jimmy Olsen was...disappointing. Maybe I got too hyped for it, but only the set-up at the last two pages made me interested

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Life Story continues to do an excellent job of running through Spider-Man events and making all of them better than the originals. It's Spider-Man's Dark Knight Returns (but so much better) and I fucking love it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Bergara on twitter kiiind of implying there could be more from the world of Coda to come, I know that'll please some folks in here (looking forward to reading through the rest this week).

Those Hickman X previews were great

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I picked up Batman this week because I had heard some interesting things about it. I actually enjoyed the overall direction of what King is doing here, but man I never need to see Tony Daniel art again. And... why the... hell... does Bane... talk... like Swamp... Thing... now...?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I picked up Batman this week because I had heard some interesting things about it. I actually enjoyed the overall direction of what King is doing here, but man I never need to see Tony Daniel art again. And... why the... hell... does Bane... talk... like Swamp... Thing... now...?
He's..... calm.... and.... meticulous....

I have no idea

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Oh man

The combo of the HoX and final UXM

You can see the editorial mandate from a mile away.

If not for Heroes in Crisis this would have been the most flagrant "You need to do these things for this run" the whole year.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
DC's profit sharing for new characters is nonexistent, so I guess that's a good response. My kneejerk reaction though was that having more diversity is never a bad thing.
A few of the Superman creators on Word Balloon mentioned that they get decent royalty checks for their original characters when they're in movies or CW shows, so there is at least some benefit to making new characters.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
A few of the Superman creators on Word Balloon mentioned that they get decent royalty checks for their original characters when they're in movies or CW shows, so there is at least some benefit to making new characters.
the famous bit of trivia being that Len Wein got more from co-creating Lucius Fox than he did from co-creating Wolverine, and if you wanna get even more minor, Jim Starlin got more from co-creating the random mercenary leader guy credited as "Anatoli Knyazev" (which is to say, KGBeast) in Batman V. Superman than he did for co-creating Thanos

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the famous bit of trivia being that Len Wein got more from co-creating Lucius Fox than he did from co-creating Wolverine, and if you wanna get even more minor, Jim Starlin got more from co-creating the random mercenary leader guy credited as "Anatoli Knyazev" (which is to say, KGBeast) in Batman V. Superman than he did for co-creating Thanos
Wow! Do Marvel/Fox not do royalties at all or do they just use a paltry rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.