• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woke up in fight of self hate and thinking I ain't worth shit, any good comics that deal with those themes I can read while I can't sleep?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The more I hear about King's Batman, the more I want to read it. But then I remember trying twice already. Theres a BC article about a "rumor" regarding Gotham Girl for this week's issue, but it was already shown on the cover for an upcoming issue, so im not sure how much of a rumor it actually is...

May 24, 2019
The more I hear about King's Batman, the more I want to read it. But then I remember trying twice already. Theres a BC article about a "rumor" regarding Gotham Girl for this week's issue, but it was already shown on the cover for an upcoming issue, so im not sure how much of a rumor it actually is...

Anything more than just that she's in a Robin costume with Bat-dad?
Gotham as a whole seems messed. In a preview (or was it a leak of some pages?), Joker and Riddler
were cops.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

It's probably legit, but again, keep in mind
she'll be the Robin to Flashpoint Batman

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Archie TMNT Adventures any good? I keep hearing it is.

Been meaning to get into Legion, this is great jumping on point.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably legit, but again, keep in mind
she'll be the Robin to Flashpoint Batman
Yea I love that idea, and it really makes me want to read it lol.

The article they wrote makes it sound like its not that, but it could just be how its worded.

That's been solicited for months.
Which is why I dont understand the article, unless they are talking about it being the other way.

They probably just forgot about the solicited cover lol

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
I read through all of Preacher, and... I don't think Ennis and I quite click. There was some solid stuff in there, but as a whole it was just kind of eh for me and all the really immature stuff just dragged it down. Plus frankly The Word felt like a thing he came up with at the start of the series and then immediately realized "oh crap, my hero can solve most problems way too easily, so I better just make him arbitrarily almost never use it!"

I dunno, after having read a lot of his stuff, it's like... Ennis feels like a bit classier Millar with some splashes of brilliance, but not enough to really make him work for me as a whole. (Even Hitman, like, I liked it okay enough, and that Superman issue was fantastic, but on the whole it was just not especially for me.)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Told myself I wouldn't bite on any sales but DC put up a 60% off on everything in their catalogue so I dropped $60 to get all the remaining issues of Impulse.

Usually I experience some buyer's remorse but Bart Allen is one of my favourite comic characters so I'm fine with it this time.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Yea I love that idea, and it really makes me want to read it lol.

The article they wrote makes it sound like its not that, but it could just be how its worded.

Which is why I dont understand the article, unless they are talking about it being the other way.

They probably just forgot about the solicited cover lol

The thing is, of all things they could spoil in this issue, I would have gone with
Bruce and Selina's reunion
which reportedly happens this issue. Just makes it seem like the author didnt actually have a copy of the issue and wanted to write something anyway.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
ibhCUwZ.png

Exposed.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
What is the worth of a man?

XauUbD4.gif

Is it comics? Manga?

MERxesd.gif

I'm not sure, I don't think I'll ever know but I know it's not FunkPops.

bQDYtNp.gif

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Man, why do I get the feeling the Marvel reveals will piss me off because XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and Caaaaaaaates

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Not the same shit, some new solos with characters we haven't seen since a year or 2. With good teams.

I honestly think solos are the opposite way to go for newer characters. They don't sell. Like, that's the gods honest truth.

Shuri #9 10,720
Ironheart #7 10,545
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #45 10,514
Runaways #22 8,958

Whereas:
Major X #5 28,641
Rob Liefeld throwing whatever on a page is double Shuri. Double! That's actually a 1,000 people up for #4, by the by. ON MAJOR X.

Breakouts are rare. Marvel's had Miles, which jumped off Ultimate Spider-Man. Spider-Gwen from Spider-Verse. Ms. Marvel was straight up. DC pulled Bendis, who on name alone has managed to keep Naomi up (pretty strong actually), but they're doing the season thing and merging her into Young Justice in the meantime. New Age of Heroes died on the vine, with the most popular of the two surviving books being another ensemble of existing characters. Silencer is at 8K, and I assume DC is still publishing it for the prestige, but you can only ride that out on maybe 2-3 book in a line.

I think they'll do new books, but "Put out new stuff, spend into the hole" isn't the best business model. And until we tear up the direct market, this is what we got.

So let me rephrase that. What do you want that would actually sell? Like, sure, I'd like Ewing on Spaceknights or Sentry, but no one gives a flying one about Spaceknights or Sentry.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I think they'll do new books, but "Put out new stuff, spend into the hole" isn't the best business model. And until we tear up the direct market, this is what we got.
And those books do better outside but marks want their Carnage, their XMens, their meh ass Batmans

Basically, I just so wanting the off the wall stuff but knowing it won't last because people CAN'T LET THE FUCKING 90S GO!

I mean Black Cat sold well but we know that drop off for 2 will be STEEP.

And of course, the state Marvel's promo is fucking weak. Again, I want to know where Realms fell sales wise because I felt that event coming and going and yet, Marvel is more invested in X and Carnage.

I'm not even like a giant Cates fan but why single him out too

Because I know he's Marvel's next golden boy. Ewing could be the next guy but he loves doing weird shit and I think that's why people like him and his run on team books is 10x better than Aaron's A-meh-gers.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
And those books do better outside but marks want their Carnage, their XMens, their meh ass Batmans

Basically, I just so wanting the off the wall stuff but knowing it won't last because people CAN'T LET THE FUCKING 90S GO!

I mean Black Cat sold well but we know that drop off for 2 will be STEEP.

And of course, the state Marvel's promo is fucking weak. Again, I want to know where Realms fell sales wise because I felt that event coming and going and yet, Marvel is more invested in X and Carnage.

Yeah, I get you. I think they'll probably do 5-6 off-brand books tops, unless someone like Ellis wants to take them on. And he has a specific type of weirdness.

Ewing and Ahmed are doing solid work. I think Ahmed will probably get another book. Whitley and Leah Williams likewise are on the smaller end and I can see them getting another book.

Status
Not open for further replies.