• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Reader with his magic braille cards.
fGYLdz1.jpg

Apparently he's been in stuff since Death of Inhumans so he's still alive and... readin'.
Is Death of the Inhumans worth anything? I'm always up for Inhumans, Eternals, Guardians and cosmic stuff.

Yeah I'd strongly recommend reading U1 first.
I think I'm gonna do this. I was primarily reading this for more Celestials stuff since I love that stuff. But it seems interesting enough on its own.

Last edited:

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Is Death of the Inhumans worth anything? I'm always up for Inhumans, Eternals, Guardians and cosmic stuff.

I think I'm gonna do this. I was primarily reading this for more Celestials stuff since I love that stuff. But it seems interesting enough on its own.

Death of the Inhumans is considered to be pretty terrible, don't bother.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, healing Barbara and making her Batgirl again is a bafflingly bad decision on DCs part.
No matter which angle I look at it from, I can't see any positives.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the Young Avengers run I'll go for as my first read of the team? Or do I start with Young Avengers Presents to get their individual stories first? And then The Children's Crusade? And then this Young Avengers run? I'm looking to buy their books today.

Death of the Inhumans is considered to be pretty terrible, don't bother.
No.

We did get a great Captain Marvel story arc thanks to it but you don't need to read the original DotI
Don't read death of the inhumans unless you enjoy seeing inhumans suffer in an edgy, stupid way
Oh okay, gotcha! I won't bother then.

So there's only really Paul Jenkins Inhumans of the modern stuff to read? I already got this one. And Ms. Marvel I guess.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Near Mint announced a Charles Soule Daredevil omnibus.

Tyrant Rave are you picking up your dad's omnibus

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There doing Epics for Generation X

Generation X is a weird book because it goes through a lot of distinct phases. Scott Lobdell focused almost entirely on interpersonal drama, Larry Hama's run was bad and weird, then Jay Faerber made it the Mutant Teen Superhero book it never really was (though with a pretty clever twist on the formula in that the Massachusetts Academy has to be opened to the public, so Gen X now has to keep their powers hidden in what used to be their home), then Warren Ellis just wrote really boring dour shit.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Soule was the last big hole in OHC Daredevil, I think? Except maybe Nocenti's run? And some more of the Silver Age stuff, sort of surprised they never did a Vol 2 for that.

Thank you for the help!

What is the difference between this collection and this collection?

No difference, one is just a rerelease of the other. The physical versions might be different (one softcover, one hardcover, something like that), but digital will be the same. Go with whatever's cheapest.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Generation X is a weird book because it goes through a lot of distinct phases. Scott Lobdell focused almost entirely on interpersonal drama, Larry Hama's run was bad and weird, then Jay Faerber made it the Mutant Teen Superhero book it never really was (though with a pretty clever twist on the formula in that the Massachusetts Academy has to be opened to the public, so Gen X now has to keep their powers hidden in what used to be their home), then Warren Ellis just wrote really boring dour shit.

What he usually does when he writes inside the Big Two.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
The more I think about it, healing Barbara and making her Batgirl again is a bafflingly bad decision on DCs part.
No matter which angle I look at it from, I can't see any positives.
We got the Burnside costume, which yes is a positive because out of that we got the Hopeless Spider-Woman costume. Jt changed the way female superhero costumes would be looked at and designed going forward. That's about it. I'm over it.
Is this the Young Avengers run I'll go for as my first read of the team? Or do I start with Young Avengers Presents to get their individual stories first? And then The Children's Crusade? And then this Young Avengers run? I'm looking to buy their books today.

Oh okay, gotcha! I won't bother then.

So there's only really Paul Jenkins Inhumans of the modern stuff to read? I already got this one. And Ms. Marvel I guess.
Charles Soule's Inhuman
Soule's Uncanny Inhumans
All-New Inhumans
Saladin Ahmed's Black Bolt
Al Ewing's Royals
War of Kings

Probably a couple others, but that's it off the top of my head.
Near Mint announced a Charles Soule Daredevil omnibus.

@tyrantraveomega are you picking up your dad's omnibus
That's a good omni

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

I finished all my comics so I have begun to read One Piece. Nami is my favourite character so far 10 chapters in.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time to return to the dark and hideous path of watching anime.

(I want to watch that Rakugo show and JoJo Parts 4 and 5)

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Lemire on Black Hammer (didn't they just announce a snyder black hammer thing a few months ago?)

"BLACK HAMMER continues to roll, with SKULLDIGGER, COLONEL WEIRD: COSMAGOG and BARBALIEN: RED PLANET all coming out now. But the truth is, I have decided it's time to shrink the Black Hammer Universe back down to one core title. All the universe building the last couple of years has been really fun and, I hope, has produced some good comics, but now I want to take all that world building and use it as the foundation for one core Black Hammer title again. That series will be called BLACK HAMMER REBORN and it will launch this Spring/Summer. Hopefully we will announce a few more details on that in the coming month or two."

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Time to return to the dark and hideous path of watching anime.

(I want to watch that Rakugo show and JoJo Parts 4 and 5)
Reading comics and watching anime is like double-fisting damnation.

I read the first trade of Once & Future. Really enjoyed it, and I usually am not a fan of fantasy stuff outside of Die and The Last God.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Jeff Lemire on Black Hammer (didn't they just announce a snyder black hammer thing a few months ago?)

"BLACK HAMMER continues to roll, with SKULLDIGGER, COLONEL WEIRD: COSMAGOG and BARBALIEN: RED PLANET all coming out now. But the truth is, I have decided it's time to shrink the Black Hammer Universe back down to one core title. All the universe building the last couple of years has been really fun and, I hope, has produced some good comics, but now I want to take all that world building and use it as the foundation for one core Black Hammer title again. That series will be called BLACK HAMMER REBORN and it will launch this Spring/Summer. Hopefully we will announce a few more details on that in the coming month or two."
sure did

maybe it's some kinda backup

I finished all my comics so I have begun to read One Piece. Nami is my favourite character so far 10 chapters in.
She's still the best 1000 chapters in

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Snyder is just part of Visions, the series of one-shots from various creators that was announced last year.

Looking forward to Lemire pulling things together and hoping that Reborn is up to the quality of the first series.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I read some Skulldigger it was pretty cool, had no idea it was in the Black Hammer universe.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Started Peter David X-Factor. Just did the first arc so far, but solid stuff already, and sure as hell instantly better than what the title was before.

And it seems like this is actually pretty close to where I dropped off the X-line when I did my complete read from when Claremont came on board to when he left.

Only thing that's throwing me is that Rahne seems like a completely different character, practically. Though I'm guessing I missed at least a bit with her, since I want to say last I saw her she was stuck in wolf form or something post Genosha and stayed there?

Edit: And having her hit/creep on Havok just feels... very wrong.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Started Peter David X-Factor. Just did the first arc so far, but solid stuff already, and sure as hell instantly better than what the title was before.

And it seems like this is actually pretty close to where I dropped off the X-line when I did my complete read from when Claremont came on board to when he left.

Only thing that's throwing me is that Rahne seems like a completely different character, practically. Though I'm guessing I missed at least a bit with her, since I want to say last I saw her she was stuck in wolf form or something post Genosha and stayed there?

Is it the X-factor Investigations series you are readfing or the earlier stuff?
I just finished Investigations not too long ago and it was very good indeed.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You're talking about the 90s X-Factor? Prior to that series, in X-Tinction Agenda, Wolfsbane and Havok were brainwashed by Genosha and Rahne was mutated into a half wolf form as well as being bonded to Havok.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Is it the X-factor Investigations series you are readfing or the earlier stuff?
I just finished Investigations not too long ago and it was very good indeed.
I'm reading through the initial issues right now where Peter David comes on and puts together the team as a goverment run ground, so like starting around issue 70 of the title. But yeah, once I'm through those initial 20 or whatever issues, intend to move on to the Madrox mini and then the other 115 or so issues of the later run!

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading through the initial issues right now where Peter David comes on and puts together the team as a goverment run ground, so like starting around issue 70 of the title. But yeah, once I'm through those initial 20 or whatever issues, intend to move on to the Madrox mini and then the other 115 or so issues of the later run!
Nice. I haven't read the earlier series. I just started with the Madrox mini and went on to the (very) long series from there.

I don't know about the earlier issues, but aside from a few issue of crap art, everything I read manages to keep its quality all the way through.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
You're talking about the 90s X-Factor? Prior to that series, in X-Tinction Agenda, Wolfsbane and Havok were brainwashed by Genosha and Rahne was mutated into a half wolf form as well as being bonded to Havok.
Yeah, I am. And I suppose that was what I was half remembering above (it's been a while, haha) as I definitely read X-Tinction Agenda. Guess I forgot the bonding stuff though.

But yeah, at least in X-factor she mentions being able to change around her form still which made me figure there was something in between I missed.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently reading these on and off. Do you guys also read multiple runs at a time?

39515a6b-b443-4c98-bjxji9.jpeg

No difference, one is just a rerelease of the other. The physical versions might be different (one softcover, one hardcover, something like that), but digital will be the same. Go with whatever's cheapest.
Went with the expensive one , cause the cover is so much cooler, lol.

Charles Soule's Inhuman
Soule's Uncanny Inhumans
All-New Inhumans
Saladin Ahmed's Black Bolt
Al Ewing's Royals
War of Kings
Thank you. I'll bookmark this for when I'm done with Paul Jenkins run.

Last edited:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I'm currently reading these on and off. Do you guys also read multiple runs at a time?

bf9674f3-0a1b-42cf-8hljd1.jpeg
Sure. but never that many lol.
For example right now i'm going through Claremont's X-Men era for the first time, catching up on spider-man, rereading Jimmy Olsen and rereading season 3 of Kubera so i can catch up with the current releases. And even with 4 it's hard to juggle between them

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

I usually read a run, stop to read my weeklies/monthlies, then go back to reading longer runs. Maybe stop between volumes.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017

I usually stick to just one run at a time, but it'd probably be wise to start mixing in some short stuff when I'm doing especially long ones...

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I usually have two or three series on the go. Something to read here and there during the day (and used to be on the work commute). An omnibus for evening reading. Something chill and classic for bedtime. Sometimes I read new comics in bed.

On weekends I usually read a few issues each morning with coffee, sometimes that's more of the omnibus I'm reading at the time.

I'd say three stories on deck at any given time.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these Future State covers are really cool. The Kaare Andrews Flash variant is especially awesome, almost makes me want to read it even though it's another bad Wally story.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Pissed I missed the Conan Busiek omni on IST. Just surprised both covers sold out so fast and I really dont want to pay Amazon prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.