• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I think Barbara was a good role model for disabled people. Because honestly how many disabled heroes are there?
It was a shame to loose that.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Woah the X of Swords HC is out in 3 weeks? That's crazy fast.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda curious how you would get her back in the wheelchair without causing a massive trauma for Babs again.

I get the feeling that Babs won't have a book. She's in Batman Nightwing and Joker. Potentially in Batgirls if they do that and it's not backup stories in Nightwing.
She was already back in the wheelchair in the last arc of her ongoing and you even had people thinking she wouldn't be Batgirl going forward pre-FS announcements.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
She was already back in the wheelchair in the last arc of her ongoing and you even had people thinking she wouldn't be Batgirl going forward pre-FS announcements.

Oh that's fair, I haven't read the end of her run yet. Maybe she still has the chair in Batman? Did she have it as oracle during Dicks fight with Punchy. I don't remember.

Technically she's not Batgirl right now, yeah?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that's fair, I haven't read the end of her run yet. Maybe she still has the chair in Batman? Did she have it as oracle during Dicks fight with Punchy. I don't remember.

Technically she's not Batgirl right now, yeah?
In Joker War she's put back in a wheelchair, but Luke fixed her transplant right after and says "If it happens again it's permanent". For post-FS she's going to be fighting crime as Batgirl(and is called that in the solicitations/interviews) with Dick and also going to be Oracle.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Marvel has been very speedy with the X collections. It's very nice and a good move. I'm comfortable with just buying the trades when they drop and I don't feel too far behind.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Makes it easier to keep up with for me at least. Hopefully they keep the momentum going. Those Dawn of X books are a really cool idea.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
In Joker War she's put back in a wheelchair only for Luke to fix her right after and say "If it happens again it's permanent". For post-FS she's going to be fighting crime as Batgirl(and is called that in the solicitations/interviews) with Dick and also going to be Oracle.

What a mess.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Woah the X of Swords HC is out in 3 weeks? That's crazy fast.
I might try and hit up IST for this one. I've been dying to read it but even Amazon is too much. I just hate how quick everything goes on IST.

Did my part to shit on White KKKnight in that stupid thread. I love how clueless the whole thing comes across. I was rolling all the eyes.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Makes it easier to keep up with for me at least. Hopefully they keep the momentum going. Those Dawn of X books are a really cool idea.
agreed. they can pump out one or more a month, pretty much. have them on store shelves while the story is still hot and in the discourse. the Dawn of X books are actually as close to a Shonen Jump-style experience as Marvel's ever gotten, something a lot of people in this thread have wanted to see.

May 24, 2019
So does Babs still have a book? it is cool that they brought back Oracle

Nah. Current series wrapped at #50 and a new one wasn't in the March relaunch solicits (though we know there are more 2021 things to announce.)
She's mentioned in Tom Taylor's new Nightwing #1, though.
Nightwing is back—and his drive to keep Blüdhaven safe has never been stronger! But his adopted city has elected a new mayor with the last name Zucco. When Nightwing enlists Batgirl's help in investigating the politician bearing the same name as the man who murdered his parents, she unearths details that will shock and fundamentally change the hero.
The New York Times bestselling team of writer Tom Taylor (DCeased, Injustice) and artist Bruno Redondo (Injustice, Suicide Squad) are about to take Nightwing to the next stage of his evolution as a hero!

edit: Oop. Messi covered it. I was looking for a quote reply.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Current series wrapped at #50 and a new one wasn't in the March relaunch solicits (though we know there are more 2021 things to announce.)
She's going to be a supporting character in Nightwing. We'll see if she's part of the eventual Batgirls book assuming it happens.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
agreed. they can pump out one or more a month, pretty much. have them on store shelves while the story is still hot and in the discourse. the Dawn of X books are actually as close to a Shonen Jump-style experience as Marvel's ever gotten, something a lot of people in this thread have wanted to see.
I kind of agree with this in that it's great if you wanna read everything but my friend who's only buying the Dawn stuff is upset because vol.10 gives you the bare minimum lead up to X of Swords so he still needs to buy them individually or trades of specific stuff like X-men. So it's not really ideal for hardcore X fans. I've been trying to convince him to go digital but he likes the trades 🤔

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of agree with this in that it's great if you wanna read everything but my friend who's only buying the Dawn stuff is upset because vol.10 gives you the bare minimum lead up to X of Swords so he still needs to buy them individually or trades of specific stuff like X-men. So it's not really ideal for hardcore X fans. I've been trying to convince him to go digital but he likes the trades 🤔
? I'm a bit confused about this. Dawn of X collects everything. It's perfectly ideal for hardcore X fans.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017

edit: Oop. Messi covered it. I was looking for a quote reply.

I'm pretty hyped for Nightwing ngl. Only DC book I've read in ages was Batman/Catwoman and that was just for the art.

it's really cool they could probably lump the Bat line up like that if DC could be bothered and I'm sure it would sell though obviously it wouldn't be as cohesive as the X books. People love Batman so just give them it all in one book.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I have always found DC way more inconsistent with their collections than Marvel for some reason.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
? I'm a bit confused about this. Dawn of X collects everything. It's perfectly ideal for hardcore X fans.
It's mainly about how they're releasing it. Volume 11 doesn't come out until late January and doesn't include any X-men or Wolverine issues. Volume 10 only goes up to X-men #9, it's just kinda confusing if you're trying to read everything. It's great for the first few except those have Fallen Angels. I dunno, it's just weird.

I'm watching this 6 hour Tim Rogers review of Tokimeki Memorial. I desperately wish we got this game, it looks right up my alley. I miss old Konami.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I've also had trouble with the quality of the spines and the binding of some of DCs hardcovers as well. 👿

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's mainly about how they're releasing it. Volume 11 doesn't come out until late January and doesn't include any X-men or Wolverine issues. Volume 10 only goes up to X-men #9, it's just kinda confusing if you're trying to read everything. It's great for the first few except those have Fallen Angels. I dunno, it's just weird.

I'm watching this 6 hour Tim Rogers review of Tokimeki Memorial. I desperately wish we got this game, it looks right up my alley. I miss old Konami.
Ahh, yeah, the Dawn of X trades are mapped to fit into the release of the X of Swords TPBs -- which haven't been solicited yet -- and not the X of Swords hardcover. Means waiting a few extra months to experience the event.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Ahh, yeah, the Dawn of X trades are mapped to fit into the release of the X of Swords TPBs -- which haven't been solicited yet -- and not the X of Swords hardcover. Means waiting a few extra months to experience the event.
Okay, that makes more sense then. I thought the hardcover was all we were getting at first, didn't even think about separate TPBs for that. Time to ruin his day lol.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Me before WW84: Diana's fate post Death Metal is a bad idea because it's about to be her push.
Me after WW84: Nevermind, she's cursed to have a bad year I guess.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Batman White Knight Comic Series Is Some of The Best Recent Batman Stories You Should Read

I cannot compliment this comic universe enough. I have read comics for quite awhile and have read all the classics, long Halloween, hush, court of owls, etc. This series should be considered in that reign. Sean Murphy has completed two volumes so far with a third coming on the way and two spin...

SUCK IT NERDS

Perhaps this is the year I switch to Shonen. If comics have finally peaked..

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I've started reading manga, probably going to try watching anime again soon, almost my entire backlog is Japanese games... I think it might be too late for me.

Amazon had it for December earlier but guessing it was never really that date. Marvel seems much better at releasing their stuff quicker than DC.

manga... amazing!

The Viz hardcovers for FMA are so nice, so glad I've been collecting them.

I was going to get those but it didn't look like they had the full series, so I got a full collection with the regular size trades.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Started Killing Eve. Man its good. That first episode is not a great introduction, but by the time I saw the second episode I was totally on board. Love Sandra Oh, but the female assassin chick is the best part of the show.

Were the 2nd and 3rd seasons not that great or something? I think I remember seeing some negative feedback on the later seasons, but I could be wrong.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Batman White Knight Comic Series Is Some of The Best Recent Batman Stories You Should Read

I cannot compliment this comic universe enough. I have read comics for quite awhile and have read all the classics, long Halloween, hush, court of owls, etc. This series should be considered in that reign. Sean Murphy has completed two volumes so far with a third coming on the way and two spin...

SUCK IT NERDS
we can't go one goddamn month without talking about white knight

this is the new nocenti's catwoman

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I've started reading manga, probably going to try watching anime again soon, almost my entire backlog is Japanese games... I think it might be too late for me.

I was going to get those but it didn't look like they had the full series, so I got a full collection with the regular size trades.
welcome. next is idol anime

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, that makes more sense then. I thought the hardcover was all we were getting at first, didn't even think about separate TPBs for that. Time to ruin his day lol.
They can definitely still pick up the hardcover. But yeah, it will follow Dawn of X Vol. 16 which won't be out for a while yet. And the hardcover does have some crossover with that TPB.

Last edited:

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
They can definitely still pick up the hardcover. But yeah, it will follow Dawn of X Vol. 16 which won't be out for a while yet. And the hardcover does have some crossover with that TPB.
Yeah, he wants to go ahead and get the hardcover. He said Target has it on sale at least. He makes decent money so I doubt he even cares about crossover but good to know.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Was enjoying this Guardians run. Reading the murder mystery and I get to the final page and who do I see... Knull. I actually eyerolled. Ewing loves a tie in doesn't he.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Was enjoying this Guardians run. Reading the murder mystery and I get to the final page and who do I see... Knull. I actually eyerolled. Ewing loves a tie in doesn't he.
Oh wait, there's the issue after.

Knull is set up as a cosmic force and Ewing is fixing up the cosmic Marvel side so...

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he has a choice in that

I read somewhere that authors are given the choice to tie in or not and that tieing in would likely help their chances of survival.

I'm sure if Ewing said no they would let him do his own thing at this point. Ewing in particular ties into everything. Very much a company dude.

I think I like Ewing more than Hickman. Maybe Ewing is my favorite person at Marvel right now.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I read somewhere that authors are given the choice to tie in or not and that tieing in would likely help their chances of survival.

I'm sure if Ewing said no they would let him do his own thing at this point. Ewing in particular ties into everything. Very much a company dude.

I think I like Ewing more than Hickman. Maybe Ewing is my favorite person at Marvel right now.
He did tie in to CW2 and Empire for Ultimates and the latter was literally, tie in in name only.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of funny how Marvel is just cramming Knull into everything now, as if he were a compelling and interesting character.

Status
Not open for further replies.