• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, finished the Miles Morales game. Was hoping for a bit more. I mean, I knew going in it wasnt a full blown game. Just thought there would be just a bit more to it. Even the unlockable suits were pretty disappointing imo.

Question about the end stinger and the one from the original Spider-Man PS4 game:
Is Harry Osborne going to be like a Venom/Goblin combo thing lol?

Also, I would like to see more heroes in the next Spider-Man game. Not playable ones of course. But man, it would be neat to run into Daredevil or Danny Rand and help them out on a side mission or something.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I would like to see more heroes in the next Spider-Man game. Not playable ones of course. But man, it would be neat to run into Daredevil or Danny Rand and help them out on a side mission or something.

Check out Spider-Man Web of Shadows sometime. You meet with Luke Cage, Black Widow, Wolverine and Moon Knight

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, finished the Miles Morales game. Was hoping for a bit more. I mean, I knew going in it wasnt a full blown game. Just thought there would be just a bit more to it. Even the unlockable suits were pretty disappointing imo.

Question about the end stinger and the one from the original Spider-Man PS4 game:
Is Harry Osborne going to be like a Venom/Goblin combo thing lol?
God I hope not. That sounds just as bad as Slott's Red Goblin.
But honestly it sounds like a very video game thing to do.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What's this from?

FMA is pretty darn good. I only really felt it flubbed right at the end but otherwise, good stuff.

Mirka Andolfos Sweet Paprika. She's an oc of Mirkas and she's been doing little art pieces of her for years. Now she's getting a comic and an announced animated show.

sweet-paprika-scaled.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the update for Cyberpunk did basically nothing to help with the crashes. Cant believe how massive of a shit show this game is.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting this for those who missed it! Add your name and let folk know what you're really looking forward to in January!

Hey, so I had a plan for a while to start a Comic reading club in 2021 where we all vote on "Must Read" comics each month and talk about them. But I think it would be a bit too much work at the moment, so I'm shelving it for now.

Instead, however, I want to do something a little simpler. Basically, I just want to poll folk here on the comics/stuff they're most excited about this month. Super casual. No awards or anything associated with it. No requests for reviews or anything like that (though you're more than welcome!). It's just a spreadsheet where folk can put down their most-anticipated comics/shows/movies/etc. coming out in January 2021. I'll leave it up for a couple days and then put together a list of the most anticipated books for the month.

Details--
* Add your ResetEra username + up to 10 books coming out in January title by title. Rank doesn't matter, but feel free to rank them!
* Comic issues, manga chapters, manga volume TPBs, graphic novels, magazines, or anything is fine! If there's a collected edition you really want, put that on there, too! Hell, this is for funny books, but if you want to put a movie, TV show, game, or prose novel on there then by all means. It's a way to track what individuals in the community are looking forward to.
* Don't necessarily look at this as your pull list, but as things you'd be most l likely to say to friends, "Yo, you remember this is coming out next Wednesday? I'm so excited."
* No poll deadline, but if there are enough lists I'll post a Most Anticipated January thing on Monday, Jan. 4.

I'm hoping, maybe selfishly, that this will help folk get a bigger view of what people are excited about or looking forward to. And as such, help folk from missing out on something they might love, or at least to provide insight into our friends and community members and what they care about.

Let me know if there's anything you think might make this better! Just winging it for now, but I have high hopes for it.

docs.google.com

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2021 Stuff to Check Out!

Sheet1 ResetEra Name,Most Hype Thing #1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6,#7,#8,#9,#10,#11,#12,#13,#14,#15,... bluexy ,Wrestle Kingdom 15,Eternals #1,WandaVision,Future State The Next Batman #1,Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3,X-Men by Jim Lee + Claremont Omnibus Vol. 1,Rupaul's Drag Race,Cyber Shadow (game),Serial #1...

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I read so many comic books yesterday and I don't feel sick now.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Jump accepting Anya as our new saviour and giving her a full page ad.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
www.resetera.com

Batman White Knight Comic Series Is Some of The Best Recent Batman Stories You Should Read

I cannot compliment this comic universe enough. I have read comics for quite awhile and have read all the classics, long Halloween, hush, court of owls, etc. This series should be considered in that reign. Sean Murphy has completed two volumes so far with a third coming on the way and two spin...

SUCK IT NERDS
Can someone post the how to uses White Knight as scholarly text thing again

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You save a fairly big amount vs retail if you order 300$ish of books. But doing a small order is a no go.
Messi only orders by the shipping crate.
Mirka Andolfos Sweet Paprika. She's an oc of Mirkas and she's been doing little art pieces of her for years. Now she's getting a comic and an announced animated show.

sweet-paprika-scaled.jpg
Is this gonna be on a streaming service or just some Youtube thing or something?
Man, the update for Cyberpunk did basically nothing to help with the crashes. Cant believe how massive of a shit show this game is.
I am shocked.

I requested a refund. Sony ducking me, those punks.
I read so many comic books yesterday and I don't feel sick now.
Comics were a miracle cure all along.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I've never read White Knight, but why are people so fascinated with that book? It's just such a basic bitch take. "What if the hero was actually the villain?"

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never read White Knight, but why are people so fascinated with that book? It's just such a basic bitch take. "What if the hero was actually the villain?"

It's the perfect story for people who casually enjoy Batman but say shit like "umm if he were actually a hero he'd use his wealth to fix Gotham. Batman is as crazy as his villains."

Imagine being DC and proudly publishing a story about the irrelevance of its most beloved character.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone knows Batman is just a crazy rich man who beats up poor people for kicks.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It's the perfect story for people who casually enjoy Batman but say shit like "umm if he were actually a hero he'd use his wealth to fix Gotham. Batman is as crazy as his villains."

Imagine being DC and proudly publishing a story about the irrelevance of its most beloved character.

We've been over this. DC doesn't really "get" it's characters. But I'm not frustrated that it got published, that part's fine. But people hailing it as some amazing story? Speeding Bullets is more interesting.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I love that they brought Oracle back. Jimenez art for her is so good.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
So does Babs still have a book? it is cool that they brought back Oracle

As to SGM he doesn't steal peoples work and pass it as their own like some but he seems like a asshole in other respects. I saw someone liken him to the simpsons meme "not comicsgate but #1 with comicsgate."

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
She's both Batgirl and Oracle now. My thing is that I feel the wheelchair is important to both a number of fans and the character's development, but they wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

Kinda curious how you would get her back in the wheelchair without causing a massive trauma for Babs again.

I get the feeling that Babs won't have a book. She's in Batman Nightwing and Joker. Potentially in Batgirls if they do that and it's not backup stories in Nightwing.

Status
Not open for further replies.