• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
big time big boy list

Crossover #3
Dark Nights: Death Metal #7
Eternals #1
Future State: Harley Quinn #1
Future State: Superman of Metropolis #1
Future State: Swamp Thing #1
Future State: The Flash #1
Future State: The Next Batman #1
Future State: Wonder Woman #1
Generations: Shattered #1
Guardians of the Galaxy #10
Hellblazer: Rise and Fall #3
Hellions #8
Strange Adventures #8
Ultraman: The Rise Of Ultraman #5
X-Factor #6

Hell yeah. Me and ElNarez are snorting up that FS dust.

That reminds me, it's time for a list

Eternals #1
Future State: Harley Quinn #1
Future State: Wonder Woman #1
Strange Adventures #8

I may grab another Future State book or two, but I really need to see those CMX preview pages before I commit. I also had no idea Death Metal wasn't finished yet lmaooooo

Maybe get Jon's comic since him and Yara have a team up in SM/WW.

Last edited:

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you buy enough FS books they should just send you the check DiDio was gonna get

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
anyone know the most affordable way of collecting the Judge Dredd Complete Case Files TPBs? Specifically the UK versions and not the US ones.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Cyclops isn't a low level unstable psycho who will definately screw up the Krakoa situation for everyone.
That's just crazy talk.
Ha ha.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else read The Batman's Grave-and what did you think? The tone of thing is all over the place.
4ae5bc020090040044b35d91943697366a5f4fc2.png

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I feel I'm the only one who has no real interest in Future State.
Its not like any of it is going to matter.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I give up on caring what stuff matters now. DC's "canon" feels like a total mess. As long as it looks like it'll be good I'm interested
It might be silly, but I still care about the illusion of continuity.
Honestly thats probably why I am still so heavily into Marvel and struggle to care about DC.

May 24, 2019
I feel I'm the only one who has no real interest in Future State.
Its not like any of it is going to matter.

Several 2021 teams are starting there and quite a few of the FS events are informing the ongoing runs.

Teen Titans Academy starts a Titans school in the upcoming ongoing, but you see where it ends up (edit: or might end up) in the Future State mini first.
We meet a new Batman in FS, then he's introduced pre-becoming-Batman in 'Batman'. Also the big bads of Future State are getting their origin in normal bat books afterwards.
The young new Wonder Girl will be introduced after we've already seen her grown as Wonder Woman in Future State.
I think Superman's new head dude's talked about FS playing into his comics.

I think this approach is neat, but some of the situations in the minis just sound really interesting on their own.
I especially like how out there the Superman line is:
Jon's the new Superman while Kal is off having weird Conan type adventures on an alien world, Supergirl is looking after alien refugees on the moon (mostly I'm just there for Marguerite Sauvage's art) and off in the far future there's some weird Superfamily dynasty and Lex Luthor rules a planet where he's wearing a mask of his own face (and The Flintstones' Mark Russell's writing it. That's the big thing)
It's bonkers.

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Several 2021 teams are starting there and quite a few of the FS events are informing the ongoing runs.

Teen Titans Academy starts in the upcoming ongoing, but you see where it ends up in the Future State mini first.
We meet a new Batman in FS, then he's introduced pre-becoming Batman in 'Batman'. Also the big bads of Future State are getting their origin in normal bat books afterwards.
The young new Wonder Girl will be introduced after we've already seen her grown as Wonder Woman in Future State.
There's probably several more.
Ok I guess that makes sense.
I am also sort of iffy on DC creating even more legacy characters, when they already barely use the legacy characters they have.
Its like you already have a ton of characters that never see play and you are creating MORE new characters?
I guess what I'm saying is I don't trust DC not to dump these new characters the way they have with so many others.

May 24, 2019
Apart from Yara, I don't think there are really many new characters, just new roles for two months that they may or may not shift back into years in the actual future.
Like the new FS Batman is a little used side character from the 70's or something and when he comes into 'Batman' normal he's just going to Lucius Fox's other son like he always was.

Unless I'm forgetting something Wonder Girl is the only name immediately getting a new person under it.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
You post 800 times a month. You must've seen those zombie Wally covers here 😂

Did anyone else read The Batman's Grave-and what did you think? The tone of thing is all over the place.

I was reading and enjoying it, then dropped it as soon the Warren Ellis stuff came out.
I really liked how he doesn't mind giving artists like 80% of an issue to stage a dynamic fight/bunch-of-action (see also Moon Knight, The Wild Storm). Oh well.

Last edited:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Rereading Guardians of the Galaxy by Ewing as I don't remember most of it. I'm a bit lost 3 issues in with what's going on with Phya and Moondragon. Where did the alternate universe Moondragon come from? Also where can I read more about these two. They seem awesome.

Outside of that this is the best Guardians has been in a bit. Even if I liked Cates interlude.

More Gamora and her cool outfit please. She's my favourite Guardian.
They showed up in Infinity Countdown while hunting the reality stone or something, they're from another universe who got destroyed when Gamora went pseudo-thanos

The first 2-3 issues were boring as fuck and then i stopped because ha ha Ellis fuck him

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Cyclops isn't a low level unstable psycho who will definately screw up the Krakoa situation for everyone.
That's just crazy talk.
Ha ha.

If you are paying attention, it's totally gonna be him who fucks it up. Nor even calling him psycho. He knows something is up.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
If you are paying attention, it's totally gonna be him who fucks it up. Nor even calling him psycho. He knows something is up.
I may have been exagerrating on the psycho part.
But yeah I remember one of the solicitations saying 'Cyclops makes a fateful choice' or something very similar.
And honestly I'm on his side. Xavier, Magneto and his cronies are some sketchy fucks.
And that before we get to Hank 'why won't they let me do the waterbaording' McCoy.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
good guy Cyclops introducing democracy to Krakoa
Yea, I wonder where that team will be featured. Like, the X-Men book feels like it should continue following the entire island of Krakoa, and another book should follow Cyclops, Jean, and their new team. Maybe thats what Children of the Atom will be? I dunno. But im excited.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I wonder where that team will be featured. Like, the X-Men book feels like it should continue following the entire island of Krakoa, and another book should follow Cyclops, Jean, and their new team. Maybe thats what Children of the Atom will be? I dunno. But im excited.
In the Reign of X teaser art you can see silhouettes for team.

reignofx.jpg

I'm not sure if Hickman would want that story to be in another book book though vs the X-Men book. We'll see.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Paprika 😍😍

Can't wait for that comic.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
oh I get it, there just doesn't seem to be an easy way to get them (at least the early volumes). Maybe check eBay?
ebay has quite a few between 1 and 35, haphazardly. for sure. but they're pretty much all at least a bit above cover. but yeah, options seem pretty slim, unfortunately. how much do you think it'd be to get a friend in the UK to buy them and ship them to the USA?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ebay has quite a few between 1 and 35, haphazardly. for sure. but they're pretty much all at least a bit above cover. but yeah, options seem pretty slim, unfortunately. how much do you think it'd be to get a friend in the UK to buy them and ship them to the USA?

Hmmm I dunno! My sister in law lives in Germany and it's really expensive when my in-laws send her stuff.

Messi what's shipping into the UK like for you when you order from IST?

Cheers. Don't know that guy will have to look him up.

Feels like no matter how much X-men I read, there will always be a character I don't know lol.

Maverick is a dumb 90s character who was tied to Weapon X, Omega Red, and all that other 90s Wolverine stuff

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm I dunno! My sister in law lives in Germany and it's really expensive when my in-laws send her stuff.

Messi what's shipping into the UK like for you when you order from IST?

I'm in Ireland. So packages now cost 50-80$ fed ex which is the cheapest option, other options are 100-150$. Then if you get hit with import tax which is likely coming into Ireland you put another 23% on top of the package price. Still cheaper than retail and amazon tho lol

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
IST shipping always seems way, way too expensive for me to ever order from them.
Maybe if I ordered a load of items at once, but honestly it feels like I wouldn't save any money.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
IST shipping always seems way, way too expensive for me to ever order from them.
Maybe if I ordered a load of items at once, but honestly it feels like I wouldn't save any money.

You save a fairly big amount vs retail if you order 300$ish of books. But doing a small order is a no go.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
You save a fairly big amount vs retail if you order 300$ish of books. But doing a small order is a no go.
Ah ok thats fair enough.
I always shop wround for the best price on stuff anyway, so I usually pay a lot less than retail.
Although these days its harder and harder to get stuff...

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
sorry comics, I think I've decided to read all of FMA to start 2021 instead. looking forward to it as someone that watched both 2003 and Brotherhood a long ass time ago.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.