• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Damn he looks totally different compared to this .
stuber-review_nedk.1024.jpg

Looks like he could take on Bautista now.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Rereading Guardians of the Galaxy by Ewing as I don't remember most of it. I'm a bit lost 3 issues in with what's going on with Phya and Moondragon. Where did the alternate universe Moondragon come from? Also where can I read more about these two. They seem awesome.
Have you read the old Abnett / Lanning GotG run?
Damn he looks totally different compared to this .

stuber-review_nedk.1024.jpg
It looks like he and Dave Bautista got caught in the machine from The Fly.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Nah. Learning the ropes on the fantranslated N64 one then jumping on Final for PS2 is the plan.
edit: Got inspired cause Techmoan made a video on the plug-n-play.

The PS4 graphics are making me feel like dusting off my old JP PSN account, though.

If I had money, I would've bought that on release. I can't wait to play it in VR and to by my old favorite neighborhoods.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Reading Kurt Busiek's Avengers and it finally struck me what I was feeling:

Busiek fucking loves these characters and their universe and he's trying his level best to make me love them too. There's no deconstruction or ironic disaffection for cape comics, he's just 100% all in on telling superhero stories.

I feel, rather strongly and perhaps misguidedly, that there isn't enough sincerity in cape comics anymore.
I feel this sometimes, too, but it's why I like writers like Tom Taylor and Al Ewing, because they seem like they genuinely love superheroes and write them to 100%. They aren't just writing character, they're writing genre.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I didn't read the 5th issue of Guardians haha. They explain most of my Moondragon questions outside of where the second one came from.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking for a Yara image and came across these. I hadn't seen any except the first one but they were posted over a month ago on a Brazilian website. This book is gonna be so pretty.

YaraFlor-FutureState-DC-001.jpg

YaraFlor-FutureState-DC-002.jpg

YaraFlor-FutureState-DC-003.jpg

This one is clearly a wip panel

YaraFlor-FutureState-DC-004.jpg

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
To this day that's the only one of those DC OGNs that I bought. I'd be interested to read others, but there are so many and I'm not sure which are good.

The recent Oracle one and you are done.

They are mostly forgettable or disappointing. See the Teen Titans Picolo stuff. Nice art eh story.

How have they not done a Gotham Academy one or just Maps as Robin.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The recent Oracle one and you are done.

How have they not done a Gotham Academy one or just Maps as Robin.
Cool, I'll pick it up when I get a minute.

Gotham Academy was too good for this world. It's a shame they never put out an omnibus. DC usually cash-grabs everything remotely Batman-related.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me, it's time for a list

Eternals #1
Future State: Harley Quinn #1
Future State: Wonder Woman #1
Strange Adventures #8

I may grab another Future State book or two, but I really need to see those CMX preview pages before I commit. I also had no idea Death Metal wasn't finished yet lmaooooo

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I read the X-Men books and I feel like it's sort of going off the rails

They literally just finished a huge amazing crossover lol

Edit : unless you mean the uneasy feeling that Cyclops is about to fuck up the whole Krakoa thing for everyone then yes...

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhh, I space out when I see more than a paragraph of text. This is a forum, I'm not going to read a novel lmao

I'm kidding, I read novels all the time.
Here's the short version, or for folk who missed the longer post! Just a monthly place where we can mention what we're looking forward to. Comics/graphic novels/manga main focus, but tv shows, movies, games, whatever if it's something you're hype about. Can get a pretty good impression just by checking it out.

docs.google.com

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2021 Stuff to Check Out!

Sheet1 ResetEra Name,Most Hype Thing #1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6,#7,#8,#9,#10,#11,#12,#13,#14,#15,... bluexy ,Wrestle Kingdom 15,Eternals #1,WandaVision,Future State The Next Batman #1,Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3,X-Men by Jim Lee + Claremont Omnibus Vol. 1,Rupaul's Drag Race,Cyber Shadow (game),Serial #1...

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
big time big boy list

Crossover #3
Dark Nights: Death Metal #7
Eternals #1
Future State: Harley Quinn #1
Future State: Superman of Metropolis #1
Future State: Swamp Thing #1
Future State: The Flash #1
Future State: The Next Batman #1
Future State: Wonder Woman #1
Generations: Shattered #1
Guardians of the Galaxy #10
Hellblazer: Rise and Fall #3
Hellions #8
Strange Adventures #8
Ultraman: The Rise Of Ultraman #5
X-Factor #6

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone is gonna read Leotard Girl and Those People Jack Kirby made and Jason Aaron turned into jobbers for no reason.

Don't lie.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I wouldn't say the X-line is going off the rails.

I will however say that it feels way less cohesive than it initially did pre x of swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.