• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
But its all corruption
corruption-corruption-everywhere.jpg

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if I've got this right DC has an unlimited digital comic subscription service but before it was bundled with tv shows and other things? And now it's just going to be comics like Marvel Unlimited? Do we expect there to be a new app when this is released?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Remember January last year image posted a teaser with big things coming in 2020 and Saga was on it. I can't find it anywhere now.

David Harper was saying he's heard rumblings of them building to a return and his belief is that Saga was meant to be back last year but covid caused uncertainty with comic shops so they delayed it until 21 letting Fiona get further ahead. He believes that a May return is possible with a huge promotion push some kind of promo price to get people excited.

I can see this happening

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember January last year image posted a teaser with big things coming in 2020 and Saga was on it. I can't find it anywhere now.

David Harper was saying he's heard rumblings of them building to a return and his belief is that Saga was meant to be back last year but covid caused uncertainty with comic shops so they delayed it until 21 letting Fiona get further ahead. He believes that a May return is possible with a huge promotion push some kind of promo price to get people excited.

I can see this happening
I can see saga being cancelled

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I can see this happening

who is David Harper

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I can see this happening
I hear a rumor that it was already stealth solicited as another title but I didn't want to give the article clicks.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I can accept the possibility of Saga being canceled because it would mean Fiona Staples has just quit art and comics. She's put out nothing, had zero online presence, for so long now. And while that's a realistic possibility, because who wouldn't want to do that if they could afford to, it would break my heart because she's just so incredibly talented. I choose to instead believe she's getting ahead on Saga, instead.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I never knew Fiona Staples drew Bernie. Awesome.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Also read this the other day:

YWpcKbO.jpg

God, why'd 9/11 have to break Frank Miller? This was such a great comic.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I trust in BKV and Fiona. Saga's coming back, just not as soon as I'd hope, but it's gonna be great when it does.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished a re-read of Wonder Woman Dead Earth and man, while there are some weird thematic issues (Hippolyta choosing to turn her victimhood into villainy) this book is just oh-so-special. It's a haunting possibility regarding how humanity is treating Earth and the consequences it could lead to, as governments tear the world apart grasping for continued control. But also how superheroes play into that, how they reinforce that, how they contribute to that.

It's such a great Wonder Woman story, exploring her ideals, as well as her strengths and weaknesses, at their most basic. Wonder Woman is so held back most of her comics, so it's great to see her unleashed and really broaching some serious ideas. In fact, because of WWDE's cut-to-the-heart-of-it approach, I'd even say this is one of Wonder Woman's best standalone stories. Probably her best, with the note that I just haven't read enough to say that definitively.

What really escalates the book is its art, of course. Daniel Warren Johnson will never be Jim Lee or anything, but his art is incredibly dynamic and visceral. It packs a punch, and DWJ has a special talent for big 2-page spreads or exhilarating moments. It's a crime that we've had to wait this long for a DWJ book to get this oversized hardcover treatment.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Daniel Warren Johnson is better than Jim Lee imo

But they aren't going for the same thing.

May 24, 2019
Yeah. I hope you just meant in terms of popularity. Lee's art couldn't excite me less, while Johnson's incredible.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't really understand how they are a thing now.
I have nothing against them, but I dont understand the people who must buy them all.

yeah, I've never gotten that either. I think in my entire life of buying comics I've only ever bought two variants and in both cases it was because the regular cover was sold out and the variant wasn't ridiculously upcharged 🤷‍♂️

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all should be thanking Freeza and me. If we weren't buying Jim Lee X-Men comics during the 90s, you wouldn't have anything to mock and complain about today. Then where would you be, huh?!

Status
Not open for further replies.